DJI POCKET 2 DOESN'T WORK WITH M1 CHIPS AND DJI KNOWS ABOUT IT.
3707 6 2022-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dawido
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Probably you've noticed the same that when you plug the Pocket 2 to your MAC with M1 the transfer of the data is not possible via USB cable. The camera is not recognised because Pocket 2 doesn't support M1 chips.

I've been in touch with DJI about it becasue they don't inform about these limiations in the product specification nor other retailers do so.

I think it's very unfair for the user to find this out only after the purchase of Pocket 2. And imagine you are not MAC user but within some time you decide to swap to MAC and then you only realise it doesn't work.

Of course you can get it touch with DJI and try to solve this issue and this is what I did.

But the problem is that DJI can't solve the issue. I've been informed that they haven't received M1 MAC yet, so they can't really work on this solution.

I don't think it's a good enough excuse since M1 is nothing new and what's worth to mention there is a label on the Pocket 2 box which clearly indicates that this product is compatible with Apple products moreover Apple sells DJI product directly on their website and even they don't post any info about these limitations.

Also, I don't think it's fair for us users to use 3rd party devices as card readers to transfer the data if the device you hold should support this function.

Of course, you could transfer the data via adapters to your iPhone or any other mobile and then to MAC but it doesn't make any sense.

It's like getting a new car and only you are in you realise that you can't get out of it through any other door apart from the boot door. You contact the manufacturer, and they tell you that they may fix it one day but for now please get used to it.

So if you are about to purchase DJI Pocket 2 and work with it on your MAC - please think twice and be aware of these limitations.

For all current users, I wish they could solve the problem by some firmware update.

Fingers crossed.

D.
2022-10-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks,  I will wait for Pocket 3.
2022-10-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. We are sorry for your inconvenience. We will further confirm with our teams about your request.
2022-10-21
Use props
AjayDewan
New

United States

Bang on- I was using macbook air and could transfer images from DJI Pocket 2 then i bought my Latest Macbook Pro 14 inch 2021 and to my surprise it doesn't detect DJI pocket 2 . I would have wasted 3 hrs of precious Apple care phone support. They reinstalled the OS in my New MacBook Pro but to no help till my 3rd call to Apple support who asked me to google out if DJI Pocket 2 is compatable to M1 Chip and i bumped across your post. I feel stupid now that i wasted so much time for resolution. Anyway i need DJI to revert with a solution ASAP  
2022-12-19
Use props
AumRavi
lvl.1

Germany

Facing the same problem.
Can there be any Firmware update about it...

DJI please check.
2023-4-9
Use props
TechSportsLove
lvl.3
United States

Greetings,

I discovered a solution to access the content on my Pocket 2's SD card without removing it. By using the DJI Splitter Cable (one USB Type A to Two Type C) and plugging the USB C I/O icon labeled cable into my Pocket 2, with the USB Type A connected to an Anker USB C hub, and the hub plugged into my M1 MacBook Air, I can easily connect my Pocket 2. Although it may seem an unnecessary workaround (I'm looking at you, DJI), it does the job effectively. I hope this helps.
2023-5-2
Use props
yia.z
lvl.1
Netherlands

I have a MacBook Air with M1 chip, same problem with DJI Pocket 2 and Action 2, couldn't connect to transfer data. Just got an Anker USB-C Data Hub (4-in-1, 5 Gbps) for €16. Hub connected with its USB-C cable to Mac, DJI connected to Hub's USB-A (hub has 4). Connected, problem solved. Will try with M2 chip MacBook Air  this week, should be fine.
4-20 09:32
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules