Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Storing a new, hibernated battery
1224 6 2022-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ArcticPhoto
lvl.4
Norway

Hi folks,
I recently got a new battery from DJI for my Mavic 2.  It is manufactured in September 2022 according to the sticker on the box.
The battery is in hibernation mode (I haven't charged it or touched the button).
Does anybody have an idea of how long I can store the battery before I put it to use? I can not find any info on that in the manual.

2022-10-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. Just a reminder that in Hibernation Mode if the battery cell voltage is lower than 3.0V, the battery enters Hibernation mode to prevent over-discharge and to avoid being damaged. For as long as you have not connected the DJI Mavic 2's intelligent flight battery to a recommended charger the DJI Intelligent Flight Battery will be on Hibernation Mode. ( Charge the battery to wake it from hibernation ) . For additional reference, I will post a DJI link on DJI Mavic 2 Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_Guidelines_EN.pdf ). Thank you.
2022-10-21
Use props
ArcticPhoto
lvl.4
Norway

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-21 02:57
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. Just a reminder that in Hibernation Mode if the battery cell voltage is lower than 3.0V, the battery enters Hibernation mode to prevent over-discharge and to avoid being damaged. For as long as you have not connected the DJI Mavic 2's intelligent flight battery to a recommended charger the DJI Intelligent Flight Battery will be on Hibernation Mode. ( Charge the battery to wake it from hibernation ) . For additional reference, I will post a DJI link on DJI Mavic 2 Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/20180823/Mavic_2_Disclaimer_and_Safety_Guidelines_EN.pdf ). Thank you.

Thank you Stephen.
The battery is in factory hibernation mode, I have not touched it. It is manufactured in September 2022, 1-2 months ago.
How long can I store it before I charge it and start using it?
Can I store it until summer 2023, and then wake it up from hibernation?
2022-10-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ArcticPhoto Posted at 10-21 03:22
Thank you Stephen.
The battery is in factory hibernation mode, I have not touched it. It is manufactured in September 2022, 1-2 months ago.
How long can I store it before I charge it and start using it?

Hello, there. If the battery you purchased is brand new, the battery before selling is in a sleep state, which can be maintained for a longer period of time. However, batteries still have certain power consumption during idle time,  which may impact battery performance as time pass. Moreover, the warranty period calculates from the receiving date. We would recommend you buy it when you need it.  Since you have already had it, we would recommend you maintain and check the battery during the warranty period. Thank you for your understanding.
2022-10-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The batteries only have a 6 month warranty so I would start using it before the warranty expires.  
2022-10-21
Use props
ArcticPhoto
lvl.4
Norway

Thanks to Wanda and DAFlys. Good answers.
2022-10-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ArcticPhoto Posted at 10-21 05:10
Thanks to Wanda and DAFlys. Good answers.

No probs ArcticPhoto,  it was a good day when DJI started selling the batteries again.  
2022-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules