Selling my Drone with Care Refresh
1183 6 2022-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_g6dWd0Kq9RYe
New
Flight distance : 63156 ft
United Kingdom

Hi everyone, I'm trying to sell my Mini 3 Pro and I've gone through the whole process of getting it ready for sale.

However, I also have the 2 year Care Refresh plan and I'm told that all I need to do is give the new owner a copy of the service agreement and proof of purchase. My only concern is that these documents have my personal details on them, full name, postal address, email and phone number.

Any advice on what to do? Would blacking out those details make it difficult for the new owner to make a claim? Thanks in advance.
2022-10-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, please note that you will need to remove the DJI Mini 3 Pro from your Device Management in the DJI Fly app, so the new buyer can bind the drone to his account, and the new users can use the DJI Care Refresh within the service validity period/region.
2022-10-23
Use props
YarekM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 292093 ft
Poland

DJI Susan Posted at 2022-10-23 20:14
Hi there, please note that you will need to remove the DJI Mini 3 Pro from your Device Management in the DJI Fly app, so the new buyer can bind the drone to his account, and the new users can use the DJI Care Refresh within the service validity period/region.

Hi DJI Susan,

Please correct if I'm wrong - the drone is unboud from my account and is it enough for the new user? Do I have to give the new user copies of both a DJI Care and a proof of purchase?
2023-9-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

YarekM Posted at 9-30 10:01
Hi DJI Susan,

Please correct if I'm wrong - the drone is unboud from my account and is it enough for the new user? Do I have to give the new user copies of both a DJI Care and a proof of purchase?

Hi there, unbinding the drone from your account is enough but you can also provide the proof of purchase of the drone to the buyer in case it is needed in the future. Thank you.
2023-9-30
Use props
YarekM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 292093 ft
Poland

DJI Susan Posted at 9-30 17:39
Hi there, unbinding the drone from your account is enough but you can also provide the proof of purchase of the drone to the buyer in case it is needed in the future. Thank you.

Thanks Susan. I got the drone as gift and don't have the invoice. Can I get a copy of it somehow as the guy I got the drone from just lost it?
2023-10-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

YarekM Posted at 10-1 01:40
Thanks Susan. I got the drone as gift and don't have the invoice. Can I get a copy of it somehow as the guy I got the drone from just lost it?

I am sorry for the belated reply. May I know if you were referring to getting a copy of the proof of purchase? I am sorry that we do not have it so we can not provide it to you. But if you have the contact of the first buyer, you may ask him to provide the screenshot of the purchase.
2023-10-4
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

You're in a bit of a pickle. Technically, the warranty and Care Refresh is bound to the drone's serial number and follows it even to a new owner. Since you don't have the proof of purchase, you could ask your seller to go to the DJI website and query his warranty status. That will show the date activated and final date of coverage as well as the Care Refresh. Have him print out that page (or send you a screen shot) and if you have an occasion to use the Refresh, you should be able to just provide DJI with that information.

Please understand I'm not an expert here, but this is what I would do if faced with this issue. It appears that DJI's response doesn't really answer your question - but Google searches of this issue does bring up some useful information.
2023-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules