Flying on Orange County CA Beaches
571 1 2022-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Snook911
lvl.3
Flight distance : 425180 ft
United States

Hello, I am looking for any input from anyone who has flown on Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Huntington Beach City Beach (not the State Beach) or Dana Point. I know there is a directive from the Orange Coast District of beaches prohibiting drone flights but these beaches are not on that list as it only apply to State Beaches. Laguna City Council does have this drone ordinance 7.80.040 Operational requirements. which seems to indicate drone flying is permitted as long as the pilot is following the rules set forth in the ordinance.

Huntington Beach State Beach does prohibit Drones but accord to this link City of Huntington Beach, CA - Huntington Beach Drone Information the city of Huntington Beach does not prohibit Drones. From what I can tell based on Maps the Huntington Beach City Beaches start around the water front Hilton and go down to Bolsa Chica State Beach. If the City does not prohibit drones then flying drones on the city beach should be OK.

I have done a lot of searching for Newport Beach and can't find anything that specifically prohibits flying. DJI Fly safe apps indicates OK to to fly on the whole Balboa Peninsula except for a small area that has a 150M altitude restriction due to John Wayne Airport. Since there is a National FAA 400 FT limit this restriction does not really apply.

I am planning a small beach tour tomorrow 10/22/2022 so if anyone has any other information please let me know. I will let you all know how it goes. Thanks!
2022-10-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Snook911. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. I will post a DJI link where in you can check if a certain location where you want to fly your DJI Drone is free to fly or if the area or location is a no fly zone NFZ ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map ). I hope this link can help you as well. Thank you.
2022-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules