1749 8 2022-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nacho_1974
New
Flight distance : 1981503 ft
Spain

Hi all!
I acquired a second hand Mini 2 to a user and he apparently unpaired the drone from his account.
I've been using it without any limitation for more than one year.  But when I tried to upaired to sell it, I got very surprised when I saw that it was still linked to his account and it's not to mine, so I cannot unlink it to sell it, as it is still linked to the account of the other user.
I talked to the other user to unlink it, but he told me that he has no drones like this one in his account.

Is there anything or anyway to solve the problem?
Thank you in advanced.

Regards,
Nacho

2022-10-21
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

He needs to login the Fly app while it is connected to the drone then remove it.
2022-10-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't think the "connected to the drone" bit is correct. I think that all the previous owner needs to do is have their app connected to the web so that the un-binding registers on the web/with-DJI. I seem to remember that that is all I needed to do.

If I am wrong you have my apologises.
2022-10-21
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-21 11:27
I don't think the "connected to the drone" bit is correct. I think that all the previous owner needs to do is have their app connected to the web so that the un-binding registers on the web/with-DJI. I seem to remember that that is all I needed to do.

If I am wrong you have my apologises.

You are probably correct, but it couldn't hurt.
2022-10-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Indeed but getting the drone to the original owner might be a problem. All the above said, when I experimented with this I got the impression that there are two levels of binding possible.
The lesser one simply associates the drone with the DJI account used in the binding process, this level appears to be available to everyone. I did not and do not have care refresh nor flyaway cover and I was able to create and sever this level of binding.
I then tried to fly the drone with a completely different DJI account the second account saw that the drone was bound to another account but I had no problems flying the drone and was given no limitations on the number of flight etc. possible. I was disappointed with this as I had hoped that the second account could not be used with the drone until the drone had been unbound from the first account.
I suspect that this is the level of binding associated with the drone of this thread. If that is correct then I suspect that if the OP created a second DJI Account, with NO connections to their first DJI account they would find that they could fly the drone using either account. If correct then that, to me, implies that a 3rd owner could also flight the drone without problems or restriction .i.e. severing this binding, though desirable, may not be necessary. I doubt a third owner is going to want to buy care refresh and flyaway cover so the binding that exists is unlikely to have an effect on them.

I suspect that the second level of binding, and the more useful binding, is available to only those people who have bought the flyaway insurance and that it is this level of binding that grounds a drone if the correct account and perhaps controller are not used with the drone.
I couldn't experiment with this as I did not / do not have flyaway.
2022-10-21
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-21 12:10
Indeed but getting the drone to the original owner might be a problem. All the above said, when I experimented with this I got the impression that there are two levels of binding possible.
The lesser one simply associates the drone with the DJI account used in the binding process, this level appears to be available to everyone. I did not and do not have care refresh nor flyaway cover and I was able to create and sever this level of binding.
I then tried to fly the drone with a completely different DJI account. The second account saw that the drone was bound to another account but I had no problems flying the drone and was given no limitations on the number of flight etc. possible. I was disappointed with this as I had hoped that the second account could not be used with the drone until the drone had been unbound from the first account.

The lingo does get confusing. Link the drone to controller. Activate the drone and link it to your DJI account. Bind the drone to the controller and account for Care Refresh. It gets twisted trying to decipher what people are talking about.
From his post, it sounded to as though he could face to face with the previous owner. Maybe not.
But you are probably correct about not needing to be connected to the drone to delete.
2022-10-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-21 12:16
The lingo does get confusing. Link the drone to controller. Activate the drone and link it to your DJI account. Bind the drone to the controller and account for Care Refresh. It gets twisted trying to decipher what people are talking about.
From his post, it sounded to as though he could face to face with the previous owner. Maybe not.
But you are probably correct about not needing to be connected to the drone to delete.

Agreed, which is why, I hope, I used "bind" and "bound" etc. rather than "link" etc..
The DJI documentation I have seen refers to binding etc. in respect of the association of equipment with the DJI account and possibly each other.

Whereas "link" etc. relates to establishing the control etc. signal linkage between the drone and the controller.
2022-10-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. In this case, we strongly recommend that you coordinate with the previous owner of the drone for you to process the unbinding of the unit to his DJI Account. To unbind the remote controller, the network needs to be connected, and the remote controller and aircraft need to be connected. The path would be Profile > Device Management > Value-added service > Unbind RC. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-10-21
Use props
Nacho_1974
New
Flight distance : 1981503 ft
Spain

Hi all!

Thank you so much for your quick and detailed answers.
I'll try to contact the old user again, to see if he is so kind to help me with this issue.

Best regards and have a nice weekend!
2022-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules