Should I get the Mavic 3 or wait for the Mavic 3 Classic?
1778 31 2022-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was wondering about this for a while and do you think I should get a Mavic 3 or wait for the mavic 3 classic?
2022-10-21
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Whichever suits your needs best. If just for personal use, I would choose the Classic.
2022-10-21
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-21 12:44
Whichever suits your needs best. If just for personal use, I would choose the Classic.

It will be for personal but eventually for commercial use.
2022-10-21
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are going to have a blast with it either way you go.  The only thing about "commercial" use is that you may not want to assume a SDK for the M3 will be available.  (I keep hoping it will, but so far, no proof that anything other than Enterprise labeled will get the SDK).
2022-10-21
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 10-21 17:29
You are going to have a blast with it either way you go.  The only thing about "commercial" use is that you may not want to assume a SDK for the M3 will be available.  (I keep hoping it will, but so far, no proof that anything other than Enterprise labeled will get the SDK).

By commercial use I am talking about filming. And from what I understand SDK is for missions and mapping. BTW Do you like your Mavic 3 Cine?
2022-10-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 10-21 17:29
You are going to have a blast with it either way you go.  The only thing about "commercial" use is that you may not want to assume a SDK for the M3 will be available.  (I keep hoping it will, but so far, no proof that anything other than Enterprise labeled will get the SDK).

Did you see they updated the post when the Mavic 3 Enterprise came out which said no old products would now be added only future ones -

https://sdk-forum.dji.net/hc/en- ... er-1-Hello-MSDK-V5-
2022-10-22
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Classic is exactly the same as pro but without the telelense. Quality and all the automatic modes are exactly the same.
2022-10-22
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Niknik Posted at 10-22 00:35
Classic is exactly the same as pro but without the telelense. Quality and all the automatic modes are exactly the same.

How can you be so sure about that?
The Mavic 3 Classic is only a rumour, nobody outside DJI knows anything about it, or if and when it eventually arrives.
2022-10-22
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

Impossible to make a properly informed decision without knowing anything official about Mavic 3 classic. The main questions are: Will the Mavic 3 Classic camera be the same as the Mavic 3 main camera or will it be optimized using  space vacated by the telecamera? I will note that the main camera lens of the Mavitz 3 cannot cover the sensor (there are vignetting spots on the corners in the raw files). Will the Mavic 3 classic camera have an adjustable aperture or not? Will the same sensor be used or not? And last but not least will the GPS module be identical to the Mavic 3 GPS module? What will the price of the MAVIC 3 Classic be?
And one question that is very important: Do you really want to buy a DJI drone as soon as it is released? (It took DJI many months to fix some bugs in the Mavic 3 firmware).
2022-10-22
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

KokoFresha: And one question that is very important: Do you really want to buy a DJI drone as soon as it is released?

That is a good question. I am one of those who answers no to that. DJI have a history of releasing products too early, sometimes it is tempting to call it unfinished products, that need several firmware upgrades to function as they should.
If DJI releases a Mavic 3 Classic in November, I will wait until spring before I consider buying it.
2022-10-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

KokoFresha Posted at 10-22 01:25
Impossible to make a properly informed decision without knowing anything official about Mavic 3 classic. The main questions are: Will the Mavic 3 Classic camera be the same as the Mavic 3 main camera or will it be optimized using  space vacated by the telecamera? I will note that the main camera lens of the Mavitz 3 cannot cover the sensor (there are vignetting spots on the corners in the raw files). Will the Mavic 3 classic camera have an adjustable aperture or not? Will the same sensor be used or not? And last but not least will the GPS module be identical to the Mavic 3 GPS module? What will the price of the MAVIC 3 Classic be?
And one question that is very important: Do you really want to buy a DJI drone as soon as it is released? (It took DJI many months to fix some bugs in the Mavic 3 firmware).

Those are all pertinent questions that need to be answered before a major purchase is made.  
2022-10-22
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ArcticPhoto Posted at 10-22 00:56
How can you be so sure about that?
The Mavic 3 Classic is only a rumour, nobody outside DJI knows anything about it, or if and when it eventually arrives.

Drone XL has a word about that. https://dronexl.co/2022/10/09/ma ... ease-date-oct-27th/
2022-10-22
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

KokoFresha Posted at 10-22 01:25
Impossible to make a properly informed decision without knowing anything official about Mavic 3 classic. The main questions are: Will the Mavic 3 Classic camera be the same as the Mavic 3 main camera or will it be optimized using  space vacated by the telecamera? I will note that the main camera lens of the Mavitz 3 cannot cover the sensor (there are vignetting spots on the corners in the raw files). Will the Mavic 3 classic camera have an adjustable aperture or not? Will the same sensor be used or not? And last but not least will the GPS module be identical to the Mavic 3 GPS module? What will the price of the MAVIC 3 Classic be?
And one question that is very important: Do you really want to buy a DJI drone as soon as it is released? (It took DJI many months to fix some bugs in the Mavic 3 firmware).

I understand that it took so long for DJI to fix the bugs on the Mavic 3 but they %99.9 will use the same debugged firmware from the Mavic 3. I think the Mavic 3 Classic will come with all the features right away because of that.
2022-10-22
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ArcticPhoto Posted at 10-22 02:12
KokoFresha: And one question that is very important: Do you really want to buy a DJI drone as soon as it is released?

That is a good question. I am one of those who answers no to that. DJI have a history of releasing products too early, sometimes it is tempting to call it unfinished products, that need several firmware upgrades to function as they should.

I agree that buying it upon release is foolish but I'm a "BUY A USED DRONE INSTEAD" type of guy so I will still have to wait a little.
2022-10-22
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Niknik Posted at 10-22 00:35

So you think that the Classic version will be exactly the same but without the tele camera?
2022-10-22
Use props
OJsakila
lvl.2
Flight distance : 409948 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drey. I Posted at 10-22 05:34
Drone XL has a word about that. https://dronexl.co/2022/10/09/mavic-3-classic-price-release-date-oct-27th/

Your link provides ZERO facts.  All their wording is, "should be," and , "expected to be," and a bunch of , "probablys."  Nowhere in their article do they say they have inside factual information.  Just a lot of assumptions.  Which very well may be true but this article offers NO information to take to the bank.
2022-10-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ArcticPhoto Posted at 10-22 02:12
KokoFresha: And one question that is very important: Do you really want to buy a DJI drone as soon as it is released?

That is a good question. I am one of those who answers no to that. DJI have a history of releasing products too early, sometimes it is tempting to call it unfinished products, that need several firmware upgrades to function as they should.

DJI have a history of releasing products too early, sometimes it is tempting to call it unfinished products, that need several firmware upgrades to function as they should.
Despite many similar forum posts, DJI have also released many drones that worked just fine on initial release but people forget those.

If DJI releases a Mavic 3 Classic in November, I will wait until spring before I consider buying it.

Why would you expect that releasing a version of the existing M3 with a less complex camera would have any significant bugs that need to be worked out?
2022-10-22
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

OJsakila Posted at 10-22 15:20
Your link provides ZERO facts.  All their wording is, "should be," and , "expected to be," and a bunch of , "probablys."  Nowhere in their article do they say they have inside factual information.  Just a lot of assumptions.  Which very well may be true but this article offers NO information to take to the bank.

But these "facts" that we get are the best shot we get. Therefore we just follow the good note and just hope the "facts" are actual facts.
2022-10-22
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 10-22 15:38
DJI have a history of releasing products too early, sometimes it is tempting to call it unfinished products, that need several firmware upgrades to function as they should.
Despite many similar forum posts, DJI have also released many drones that worked just fine on initial release but people forget those.

Yeah people just hating......
2022-10-22
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

OJsakila Posted at 10-22 15:20

There is none saying in this article " should be" or "expected to be" and no "probablies". We trying to be friendly over here.
2022-10-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

you just never know it will be exactly the same until it comes out.  and even then you might not know for sure until someone cracks it open.  maybe they replaced the automotive gps chip with the new global boats and yachts super gps chip because they threw those other gps chip suppliers to the curb for screwing over the m3 launch.  
2022-10-22
Use props
Giebler
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81280 ft
United States

I have serious doubts about an October 27th release.  DJI has historically sent a teaser email a week before a new product announcement.  I've received no such email so far and the one week window is pushing an announcement towards the end of October and into November.  Then, the product is usually released at a later date beyond the announcement.  I'd be thrilled to be wrong, but I'm losing faith in the October 27th release rumor.
2022-10-22
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Giebler Posted at 10-22 21:13
I have serious doubts about an October 27th release.  DJI has historically sent a teaser email a week before a new product announcement.  I've received no such email so far and the one week window is pushing an announcement towards the end of October and into November.  Then, the product is usually released at a later date beyond the announcement.  I'd be thrilled to be wrong, but I'm losing faith in the October 27th release rumor.

I normally get release teaser emails a couple days before release. When the mini SE was released I didn't get any emails.
2022-10-23
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 10-22 17:30
you just never know it will be exactly the same until it comes out.  and even then you might not know for sure until someone cracks it open.  maybe they replaced the automotive gps chip with the new global boats and yachts super gps chip because they threw those other gps chip suppliers to the curb for screwing over the m3 launch.

That's funny
2022-10-24
Use props
Leebroath
lvl.4
Flight distance : 102923 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Drey. I Posted at 10-22 05:34
Drone XL has a word about that. https://dronexl.co/2022/10/09/mavic-3-classic-price-release-date-oct-27th/

If it was the 27th then we would most certainly have heard from DJI with a sneak peak picture and date.
exactly like what they have done with all previous releases.

I don’t think it’s the 27th now
2022-10-25
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
United States

One thing you may want to consider in case you also want to take photos at a high rate:
The Cine version has an internal SSD and you can shoot photos much faster compared to the
'regular' version with Micro SD only.
I would assume the 'Classic' will not have an internal SSD either, just speculating...
2022-10-25
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Eric13 Posted at 10-25 19:03
One thing you may want to consider in case you also want to take photos at a high rate:
The Cine version has an internal SSD and you can shoot photos much faster compared to the
'regular' version with Micro SD only.

The Air series has an SSD why not a Mavic 3 Classic then? Plus. I run really fast cards on my drones.
2022-10-26
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Leebroath Posted at 10-25 05:39
If it was the 27th then we would most certainly have heard from DJI with a sneak peak picture and date.

When the Mini SE was released there was no teasers.
2022-10-26
Use props
Leebroath
lvl.4
Flight distance : 102923 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Drey. I Posted at 10-26 06:40
When the Mini SE was released there was no teasers.

Oh right, didn’t know that
2022-10-26
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Leebroath Posted at 10-25 05:39

Well go check out the latest on the dronexl site,and you will see a photo of the retail box
and a release date of the 27th was posted on facebook.
2022-10-26
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Drey. I Posted at 10-22 17:16
There is none saying in this article " should be" or "expected to be" and no "probablies". We trying to be friendly over here.

Being nice here,it all sounds good.
2022-10-26
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Pastime Posted at 10-26 10:24
Well go check out the latest on the dronexl site,and you will see a photo of the retail box
and a release date of the 27th was posted on facebook.

Yup that's right
2022-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules