A 10 hour timelapse on power cord
1280 14 2022-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tyco
lvl.1

Romania

Hello!
I need to do an aprox 10 hour timelapse, maybe even more. The card can hold it, but what about the power? can i just plug it in to a charger to help me do that? If not its useless and a gopro can do that. its the thing that will decide if ill buy it or not...stand still in a position and do a timelapse for 10+ hours, and then make it into a video, i have equipment to do the others, and even this, but if it can do this, mount in on a tripod and let it there for hours, forget, do my stuff, come bvack and have a timelapse video, then im buying it so i dont have to carry a lot of cameras. From what ive read it cant do that so thats a tie breaker, because at the moment i can do all of the things i want with my equipment, would just be more easy to do it with this....
So in the end TLDR: can i connect it to a power outlet to do 10+ hrs timelapse videos?
2022-10-21
Use props
tyco
lvl.1

Romania

standing video, the clasical timelapse, at around 5-10 sec a frame, at 4k60 fps after it processed it,.
2022-10-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Pocket 2 can be used while charging. It is recommended that you use it by itself after being fully charged. Using it while charging will cause the battery to heat up and affect its service life. If you need to enhance the mobile battery life, the DJI Pocket 2 Charging Case can be used, and the built-in battery storage capacity can recharge the DJI Pocket 2 about 1.5 times. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-10-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have used a powerbank, but that seems to have degraded the battery significantly.
I can't find anything official in the manual about it, but I did notice a pretty significant less battery time after I used the powerbank for a couple of times.
Also, the P2 did not charge correctly while using it.
2022-10-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-21 19:18
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Pocket 2 can be used while charging. It is recommended that you use it by itself after being fully charged. Using it while charging will cause the battery to heat up and affect its service life. If you need to enhance the mobile battery life, the DJI Pocket 2 Charging Case can be used, and the built-in battery storage capacity can recharge the DJI Pocket 2 about 1.5 times. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Just to be sure, you can't use the P2 while it is being charged in the charging case right?
2022-10-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Montfrooij Posted at 10-23 00:45
Just to be sure, you can't use the P2 while it is being charged in the charging case right?

Yes, you can't, the DJI Pocket 2 charging case will help the unit charge faster so you can use it again for your next video. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-10-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-24 02:23
Yes, you can't, the DJI Pocket 2 charging case will help the unit charge faster so you can use it again for your next video. Thank you for your continued support.

We (the OP and myself) are looking for a way to extend the recording time to at least 5 hours. Possibly more.
Motion timelapses could take all day.
Now I wanted to use an external powerbank, but that did not give good results.
2022-10-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Montfrooij Posted at 10-24 03:15
We (the OP and myself) are looking for a way to extend the recording time to at least 5 hours. Possibly more.
Motion timelapses could take all day.
Now I wanted to use an external powerbank, but that did not give good results.

We totally understand your request, Mont. No worries, I will take this as suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your continued support!
2022-10-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-25 03:29
We totally understand your request, Mont. No worries, I will take this as suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your continued support!

If you manage to incorporate this in the possible Pocket 3, I'll be sure to getting that one too!
2022-10-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Montfrooij Posted at 10-25 04:46
If you manage to incorporate this in the possible Pocket 3, I'll be sure to getting that one too!

Thank you for showing interest in our product, Mont. As of the moment, we don't have any information with regard to the future products of DJI. Rest assured that this statement of yours will be duly noted. Thank you for always choosing DJI, Mont! Have a nice day ahead.
2022-10-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-26 03:22
Thank you for showing interest in our product, Mont. As of the moment, we don't have any information with regard to the future products of DJI. Rest assured that this statement of yours will be duly noted. Thank you for always choosing DJI, Mont! Have a nice day ahead.

I totally understand that.
And I have patience.
Pocket 2 is already a great tool!
2022-10-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Montfrooij Posted at 10-26 03:25
I totally understand that.
And I have patience.
Pocket 2 is already a great tool!

Thank you so much for your understanding, Mont. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries.
2022-10-29
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I have heard some pretty conflicting statements on using the Pocket 2 while charging, both concerning charging with an AC adapter and a power bank. For what DJI has said according to my understanding, they do not recommend using an AC adapter while using the Pocket 2, but a power bank should be okay. But now somebody says that could harm the battery life? Hard to say what to do now

I have used a power bank a couple of times to extend the shooting time, haven't noticed any effects so far but I think Monty probably has used his more than I have.

Also, does it make a difference if I use a power bank with a trickle charge mode instead of the "standard" charging mode? If so, which should I use? I have used the trickle charge mode myself, as I have heard that kind of recommendation somewhere.
2022-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 10-29 05:20
I have heard some pretty conflicting statements on using the Pocket 2 while charging, both concerning charging with an AC adapter and a power bank. For what DJI has said according to my understanding, they do not recommend using an AC adapter while using the Pocket 2, but a power bank should be okay. But now somebody says that could harm the battery life? Hard to say what to do now

I have used a power bank a couple of times to extend the shooting time, haven't noticed any effects so far but I think Monty probably has used his more than I have.

From what I hear, charging (apparently that is what happens) is not recommended when using the device.
I wish it would just bypass the internal battery and run from the powerbank.
My battery does not last as long anymore.
Before I could make 3h timelapses. Now I barely hit 2,5h
2022-10-29
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 10-29 10:36
From what I hear, charging (apparently that is what happens) is not recommended when using the device.
I wish it would just bypass the internal battery and run from the powerbank.
My battery does not last as long anymore.

That bypass option sure would be handy, for both an AC adapter and a power bank. Would largely widen the usage options for the Pocket 2. :-)
2022-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules