Details around DJI Care Refresh Express - Mini SE
2166 6 2022-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
munklejohn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 421155 ft
United States

There was some verbiage, as well as the non-refundable $149 charge ($in addition to the $39 swap charge) for using DJI Care Refresh Express that has me confused.    Does DJI send the replacement unit with the EXPRESS level of Care service BEFORE receiving the damaged drone?  This does not seem to be the case, meaning even with the EXPRESS level of  Care they require you return the damaged product first before they ship.  However, what's the additional up-front charge for, then?    Basically, they will refund it to your card WHEN they receive your damaged drone "within 10 days".  However, that would lead me to believe that they're already sending the replacement product.    It's a great product, but so much of their support terms and condiitions are very unclear on their own website.   
2022-10-22
Use props
munklejohn
lvl.1
United States

So, here's what the DJI Care Express plan states when in the middle of entering claim and paying.  However, there is other conflicting information during the process.  
Pay the service fee & Place temporary authorization on credit card.
DJI ships replacement product
DJI receives the original product & releases pre-authorization hold

2022-10-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your confusion.
Under DJI Care Refresh Premium services, DJI will ship your replacement before we receive your damaged product.
Under DJI Care Refresh Basic services, DJI will ship your replacement after we receive your damaged product.
After we receive the sent-back product and a product inspection is performed, the pre-authorization hold is released immediately.
If DJI fails to receive your product within the agreed return period or the received product does not meet the DJI Care Express conditions, DJI will charge for a default cost equivalent to the pre-authorization amount.
Please let us know if you have other questions.
2022-10-23
Use props
munklejohn
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-23 00:22
Hello, there. Sorry for your confusion.
Under DJI Care Refresh Premium services, DJI will ship your replacement before we receive your damaged product.
Under DJI Care Refresh Basic services, DJI will ship your replacement after we receive your damaged product.

Hi Wanda, I believe the terminology is the issue:  DJI Care Refresh is the product, Premium or Basic are the options.  Somewhere, DJI returned a title of DJI Care Refresh EXPRESS, and the EXPRESS made me believe that was the ship-first (before receiving damaged product) option.  
2022-10-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

munklejohn Posted at 10-23 04:49
Hi Wanda, I believe the terminology is the issue:  DJI Care Refresh is the product, Premium or Basic are the options.  Somewhere, DJI returned a title of DJI Care Refresh EXPRESS, and the EXPRESS made me believe that was the ship-first (before receiving damaged product) option.

Sorry for the misleading. DJI Care Express is a faster service option compared to DJI's regular repair process. Premium is an upgraded service compared to the Basic service.
You can have more details through this link:
https://repair.dji.com/express/refresh-express
2022-10-24
Use props
djiuser_L9n4g0siyI3Z
New

Australia

Hello, is the pre-approval fee returned to the client after receiving the damaged drone?
1-1 22:23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_L9n4g0siyI3Z Posted at 1-1 22:23
Hello, is the pre-approval fee returned to the client after receiving the damaged drone?

Hi there. If you are referring to the Premium, yes. The pre-authorization will be released once the DJI facility receives the damaged drone. Please keep us posted if you have further questions. Have a nice day.
1-2 00:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules