Avata Lost - Could hear it until it switched off...
1681 9 2022-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eliroven
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55633 ft
Spain

Hi community!

I lost my Avata today, I went to the location where last flown (from find my Drone) and there I clicked 'Beep and Flash' and it did for some minutes. I could hear it and was trying to locate it aurally, but could not. I also tried to Turtle turn it, which it did one time, but soon after that it send a message 'Drone Static for too long, will switch off to cool off' (or words to that effect. Since then I have not been able to make contact to try again to fly it or find it.

Is there anyway to switch it back on remotely? (Should still have plenty of charge - only flew 3 minutes on a full battery).

Also, any guides on how to view 'last flight' details - are they on the drone or the goggles?

Any help will be appreciated.

Eliroven

2022-10-22
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

As long as you had an SD card in your goggles there is the option to view the last flight video. I'm sorry I cannot remember where it is in the goggles menu.
2022-10-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Eliroven.  Thanks for reaching out and we're truly sorry to read about what happened. It was indeed an unfortunate experience. Sadly, there's no way to turn on the DJI Avata remotely.

If you want to check the flight records from your goggles, you may export simplified flight control date of the googles by following the steps below:
1. Connect the goggles to the computer, launch the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) that can be downloaded on this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/avata
2. Click "DJI Goggles 2" and "Log Export", then select the required flight control data of the goggles. Click "Save to local", select the saved path and wait until download is completed.
3. After downloading, click "Open in the folder", and the flight control data can be found in the folder "EXPORT_FILE_xxx". Note that there is no need to modify the folder name.

Also, since this unfortunate incident happened and you have lost your DJI Avata. It is recommended for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Our Customer Support will be more than happy to help you to report this incident and open a ticket.
2022-10-22
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

yeah sorry to hear you lost your drone.  just so everyone else will know what to expect, then you triggered the audible alert and you heard it beeping, are you saying you were unable to find the drone because the drone was mostly inaccessible (like up in the trees or down in a canyon or up on a rocky ledge) or are you saying the audible alert was not sufficient to help locate a well-hidden drone on the ground somewhere?  or did the beeping quit before you got a chance to get started searching good?
2022-10-22
Use props
eliroven
lvl.1
Spain

Hi, I could hear it inside some gardens/roofs - it is in a block of single family homes with gardens, so it was not clear where the sound was coming from, but I could hear it distinctly. I even mananged to do a Turtle Flip and refly it, but clearly it was somewhere where it was not free to fly - maybe under some bushes, or possibly in a small alcove. Given more time with the Beeps/Flashes, I think I could have recovered it.

But what baffles me is that knowing that it has possibly 80% of charge (my flight only lasted 3 minutes from a full charge) I CANNOT get back to the Drone to help me find it. Once it switches off, its off for good, dead, gone, vanished, commatosed, extinguished... why cant DJI not have a "backdoor" to the system to make it come to life through some channel... I was within 10-20metres of it and I can no longer communicate with it.

Sorry for all the ranting, but I just feel so close, yet so far...

PS. and the "Find my Drone" accuracy is clearly not enough, as I was standing exactly where it showed on the map, and it was clearly not there, so the idea of Beeps/Flashes is a great one, but it should be allowerd to run until the batteries "give up the ghost", imho.
2022-10-22
Use props
HDPS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

eliroven Posted at 10-22 13:38
Hi, I could hear it inside some gardens/roofs - it is in a block of single family homes with gardens, so it was not clear where the sound was coming from, but I could hear it distinctly. I even mananged to do a Turtle Flip and refly it, but clearly it was somewhere where it was not free to fly - maybe under some bushes, or possibly in a small alcove. Given more time with the Beeps/Flashes, I think I could have recovered it.

But what baffles me is that knowing that it has possibly 80% of charge (my flight only lasted 3 minutes from a full charge) I CANNOT get back to the Drone to help me find it. Once it switches off, its off for good, dead, gone, vanished, commatosed, extinguished... why cant DJI not have a "backdoor" to the system to make it come to life through some channel... I was within 10-20metres of it and I can no longer communicate with it.

Yes, the lack of a cooling fan in aircraft will shut that off pretty soon or will cook itself, guess was the price for being way smaller than the FPV (no fan in smaller goggles too) I think the most sad thing is to ear the Avata beeping and when gets close to it...silence, annoying indeed. Don't give up, keep looking if you have an easy access to the place. Put a small reward poster in light posts or trees close by it went down.
2022-10-22
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=275059
2022-10-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Avata.  

This is another example of why I bought and use ViFly audible beepers on all my drones along with a mini strobe light.  Doing this has helped me find my drone on more than one occasion.  

Hopefully, somebody will find your Avata and return it to you.  
2022-10-23
Use props
fansfd55ebb1
lvl.1
Spain

Hi again,

Thanks for the replies - maybe another idea would be to stamp/etch the name and tel. number on the drone.

I am now in comunication with DJI to do a flight report and then possibly use the Care Refresh to replace it.

I have another question in this respect - if I use Care Refresh to replace the drone, what happens if later in the summer I find it when people come back to their summer houses?
I understand the old drone will be deactivated, but if it is in perfectly good conditions, can it be reactivated for a fee, or returned to DJI or "re-purchased"?

Cheers
2022-10-29
Use props
Lucas626
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would go back to the location where you heard it and do a thorough sweep of the area.
2022-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules