11692 65 2022-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jurasik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169478 ft
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-15 19:30
Insurance in the UK is only mandatory if used in a commercial setting.

If users opt to cover their UAS for loss, damage etc, then they will need to declare any modification to the factory state.

It may be mandatory, but if you are flying at night & it hits something, because you cannot see it & then hits someone before it lands, how are you going to explain to the insurance that the crash was caused because you could not see it? No VLOS, no insurance..
2023-1-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 6260171 ft
  • >>>
United States

love to see you guys in the uk/eu salivating over all those ridiculous rules for simply flying a drone recreationally!  
2023-1-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

The Saint Posted at 1-18 12:09
love to see you guys in the uk/eu salivating over all those ridiculous rules for simply flying a drone recreationally!

Unfortunately these rules are often established by people who know nothing about what we are doing.  The objective being very simple, to make the operator ultimately responsible in the event of a problem.  
No politician wants to be held responsible.  And at the same time there are operators who do anything and wipe their ass with the law and common sense, these people bring water to the mill of politics to lock the business even more.
Not sure it is different in the US.
2023-1-18
Use props
Karl53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 290689 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The Saint Posted at 1-18 12:09

Drone rules in the US are not much different from those in Europe.
Maybe, people in the US don't follow the rules enough.
2023-1-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Karl53 Posted at 1-18 14:09
Drone rules in the US are not much different from those in Europe.
Maybe, people in the US don't follow the rules enough.

you mean like a green flashing strobe light at night?  
2023-1-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jurasik Posted at 1-18 12:00
It may be mandatory, but if you are flying at night & it hits something, because you cannot see it & then hits someone before it lands, how are you going to explain to the insurance that the crash was caused because you could not see it? No VLOS, no insurance..

My reply was to LV.

But, if youre talking about having to make a claim then the wee LED's  (thats all they are, they ain't strobes) that DJI provide are likely insufficient as they turn off and are certainly not bright enough. Not only that DJI advises against night flying all over the forum, also they do not make any mention that you can use it for night flying at all, i literally just searched the Mini 3 Pro manual, the word ''night'' or ''night-time'' or ''nighttime'' are not in there.

So to use this drone at night you will need to use aftermarket strobes anyway.
2023-1-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Bashy Posted at 1-18 18:51
My reply was to LV.

But, if youre talking about having to make a claim then the wee LED's  (thats all they are, they ain't strobes) that DJI provide are likely insufficient as they turn off and are certainly not bright enough. Not only that DJI advises against night flying all over the forum, also they do not make any mention that you can use it for night flying at all, i literally just searched the Mini 3 Pro manual, the word ''night'' or ''night-time'' or ''nighttime'' are not in there.

I totally agree.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 268&pid=2956618
2023-1-18
Use props
Karl53
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

The Saint Posted at 1-18 17:56
you mean like a green flashing strobe light at night?

I would recommend that you read the FAA Guidelines (2023).
It will make you stop laughing!
2023-1-19
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Karl53 Posted at 1-19 05:32

i agree.  faa guidelines are nothing to laugh at either.  however, at this point we don't fuss and fret endlessly over them.  we don't try to force dji as a company.....
2023-1-19
Use props
bxq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3139314 ft
Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-10-30 03:19
You are always welcome. Rest assured that we are doing our best to gather customers' inquiries and work on solutions to provide the best customer service to our consumers. Thank you for always choosing DJI!

DJI is aware of this 'issue' since may'2022 https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=265822

2023-1-20
Use props
Jurasik
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Karl53 Posted at 1-19 05:32

Is that for the US only?
2023-1-22
Use props
Karl53
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Jurasik Posted at 1-22 13:21
Is that for the US only?

YES Sir! Only for US
2023-1-22
Use props
Jurasik
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Karl53 Posted at 1-22 13:25
YES Sir! Only for US

OK, thanks. Being in the UK I don't need to worry about that.
2023-1-22
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Tatyfly Posted at 1-13 08:28
Mini 3 pro pesa 247g + 3 = 250 deve essere meno di

Ti voglio vedere i carabinieri con il bilancino
2023-1-23
Use props
Jurasik
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Can DJI please respond to say if the option to make the LEDs switchable is being considered?
2023-1-28
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jurasik Posted at 1-28 09:04
Can DJI please respond to say if the option to make the LEDs switchable is being considered?

dji has learned their lesson never to make promises and even not to make public confirmations ahead of time unless it's strategic.  the best you can get is this information has been passed along.
2023-1-28
Use props
djiuser_JH6yFmqq4LuY
lvl.1

United Kingdom

This has happened to me. Could not see the drone when flying it back or to land.
2023-7-20
Use props
djiuser_JH6yFmqq4LuY
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Should be a switch in the Fly app to turn on so I can land safely
2023-7-20
Use props
djiuser_JH6yFmqq4LuY
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just bought my mini 3 Pro and just realised this issue. As I say LED lights need to be switchable to land safely in the dust or dark.  Hope DJI are thinking about it in the next firmware update as a safety issue.
2023-7-20
Use props
starmaker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 195364 ft
United States

The first time I flew at night, I got a high wind warning.  I hit RTH and looked for the drone, but forgot to stop recording.  Between the wind and the fairly large GPS landing window, I really needed visual contact.  I finally figured out what was going on, stopped recording, and landed ok.  My suggestion is, if nothing else, turn the lights back on during RTH regardless of the state of camera recording.  I'd much rather have a video I need to edit than a lost or crashed drone.
2023-7-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_JH6yFmqq4LuY Posted at 7-20 11:24
Should be a switch in the Fly app to turn on so I can land safely

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, we cannot turn the DJI Mini 3 Pro aircraft front arm LEDs on/off in the DJI Fly app. Also, the drone arm LEDs will automatically turn off when the aircraft is recording. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-7-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

starmaker Posted at 7-21 12:28
The first time I flew at night, I got a high wind warning.  I hit RTH and looked for the drone, but forgot to stop recording.  Between the wind and the fairly large GPS landing window, I really needed visual contact.  I finally figured out what was going on, stopped recording, and landed ok.  My suggestion is, if nothing else, turn the lights back on during RTH regardless of the state of camera recording.  I'd much rather have a video I need to edit than a lost or crashed drone.

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will be definitely cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-7-21
Use props
rainthesky
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-21 18:27
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, we cannot turn the DJI Mini 3 Pro aircraft front arm LEDs on/off in the DJI Fly app. Also, the drone arm LEDs will automatically turn off when the aircraft is recording. Thank you for your understanding.

Why not make a battery that is a little bit lighter - perhaps even with an integrated light - to be used in night time flying? Its better to have a little less flying time but following the rules then flying illegal.
2023-8-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

rainthesky Posted at 8-11 15:30
Why not make a battery that is a little bit lighter - perhaps even with an integrated light - to be used in night time flying? Its better to have a little less flying time but following the rules then flying illegal.

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will be definitely cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-8-13
Use props
djiuser_9LrGd9VQRNrM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7505180 ft

United States

Bashy Posted at 2023-1-14 18:13
They are next to useless and certainly no good as strobes for other manned air vehicles.
The inbuilt are only good enough as a guide when close in, thats all.

So, my lights on my mini 3 are completely out. I had a brush with a tree branch that did not crash the drone, but damaged 2 propellers.  The drone flies just fine, just no lights. I dont mind, i never liked the lights in the first place. Just be careful when you land in the dark and pay attention to your screen. You will find that if you practice... Flying in FPV, and SPORT MODE, in the dark with no lights is best! Just pay attention.
5-27 22:34
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_9LrGd9VQRNrM Posted at 5-27 22:34
So, my lights on my mini 3 are completely out. I had a brush with a tree branch that did not crash the drone, but damaged 2 propellers.  The drone flies just fine, just no lights. I dont mind, i never liked the lights in the first place. Just be careful when you land in the dark and pay attention to your screen. You will find that if you practice... Flying in FPV, and SPORT MODE, in the dark with no lights is best! Just pay attention.

Hi. We're glad your drone is still functional. However, for flight safety, we highly suggest sending it back to DJI for further checking. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. Please feel free to keep us posted if you have further concerns. Have a nice day.
5-28 02:05
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules