12Next >
8813 63 2022-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dou6ie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8984337 ft
United Kingdom

Just flown my DJI Mini3 Pro in the dark and the lights on the legs were off. I have googled and was just wanting clarification that the leg leds are disabled while recording a video?If this is correct is there a way to switch them on?

I have a Air2s and the leds flash all the time and makes it easy to watch at night.

2022-10-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

for this particular model, the lights will turn off when the camera is rolling.  i guess dji (who is under no obligation to comply with any relevant law or regulation on drone lighting) decided it was better for the drone to do it this way (whether it's the camera or the sensors or whatever).  perhaps there should be an on/off setting but maybe this can be added as an option in the next firmware.  personally i have no problem added a strobe for night lighting since the stock led is likely not useful for much more than a status indicator.
2022-10-22
Use props
Dou6ie
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 10-22 13:07
for this particular model, the lights will turn off when the camera is rolling.  i guess dji (who is under no obligation to comply with any relevant law or regulation on drone lighting) decided it was better for the drone to do it this way (whether it's the camera or the sensors or whatever).  perhaps there should be an on/off setting but maybe this can be added as an option in the next firmware.  personally i have no problem added a strobe for night lighting since the stock led is likely not useful for much more than a status indicator.

Hi The Saint, thanks again for your quick reply. I thought at first when flying tonight there was a problem that my led lights never came on during the flight.
As I said I googled when home and this is what I thought I was reading.
Yes I think there should be an option to turn the leds on or off .
I could just add a strobe light but I bought the Mini3 pro as I wanted a drone under 250g so adding a strobe light would probably take it over this weight.
2022-10-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dou6ie Posted at 10-22 13:19
Hi The Saint, thanks again for your quick reply. I thought at first when flying tonight there was a problem that my led lights never came on during the flight.
As I said I googled when home and this is what I thought I was reading.
Yes I think there should be an option to turn the leds on or off .

do a quick search, i think i recall someone saying there are pretty lightweight strobe lights on the market; maybe the vifly maybe 5g.  being a couple g's over isn't going to hurt.
2022-10-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

With the weight of the Mini 3 so close to 250 gr, ANY add-on will take it over. Proceed with caution.
2022-10-22
Use props
Dou6ie
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Cheers all.  As I bought the mini3 pro for the weight I don’t want to add any weight to it at all. I’ll just wait and hope they add a software fix to allow the leds to work while recording.
2022-10-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. It is normal that you cannot turn the DJI Mini 3 Pro aircraft front arm LEDs in the DJI Fly app. Also, the front arm LEDs will automatically turn off when the aircraft is recording. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-22
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

With the weight of the Mini 3 so close to 250 gr, ANY add-on will take it over. Proceed with caution.
2022-10-23
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-22 19:55
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. It is normal that you cannot turn the DJI Mini 3 Pro aircraft front arm LEDs in the DJI Fly app. Also, the front arm LEDs will automatically turn off when the aircraft is recording. Thank you for your understanding and support.

DJI Palladin, make an option to remain full ON, not blinking, as the consume of power will be less than to put an extra strobe on drone....also will not get over 250 grams...Being solid light, will not influence the camera too much, as blinking one, so in any edit is easy to correct any influence from a solid light.

"So simple solving, so stupid people."
2022-10-23
Use props
Andreja
lvl.4
Flight distance : 864961 ft
Germany

Geo_Drone Posted at 10-23 22:51
DJI Palladin, make an option to remain full ON, not blinking, as the consume of power will be less than to put an extra strobe on drone....also will not get over 250 grams...Being solid light, will not influence the camera too much, as blinking one, so in any edit is easy to correct any influence from a solid light.

But having it on all the time won't help with the EU requirement of having a flashing green light while flying at night.
Let me quote the COMMISSION DELEGATED REGULATION (EU) 2019/947:
UAS.OPEN.060 Responsibilities of the remote pilot
(2) During the flight, the remote pilot shall:
(g) when operating at night, ensure that a green flashing light on the unmanned aircraft is activated.

2022-10-24
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Andreja Posted at 10-24 12:30
But having it on all the time won't help with the EU requirement of having a flashing green light while flying at night.
Let me quote the COMMISSION DELEGATED REGULATION (EU) 2019/947:
UAS.OPEN.060 Responsibilities of the remote pilot

I prefer to go against UAS 060 then to risk to make an accident as is not visible at all in night
Even now, when is recording is against EU requirement.
2022-10-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Geo_Drone Posted at 10-23 22:51
DJI Palladin, make an option to remain full ON, not blinking, as the consume of power will be less than to put an extra strobe on drone....also will not get over 250 grams...Being solid light, will not influence the camera too much, as blinking one, so in any edit is easy to correct any influence from a solid light.

We totally understand your request, Geo. No worries, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your continued support!
2022-10-25
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-25 03:40
We totally understand your request, Geo. No worries, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your continued support!

Thanks.

PS. Nice work with Noise/Sharpness settings, seems that Hunter took my idea and sent it to Dev Team !
Good work !
2022-10-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Geo_Drone Posted at 10-28 01:34
Thanks.

PS. Nice work with Noise/Sharpness settings, seems that Hunter took my idea and sent it to Dev Team !

You are always welcome. Rest assured that we are doing our best to gather customers' inquiries and work on solutions to provide the best customer service to our consumers. Thank you for always choosing DJI!
2022-10-30
Use props
Jurasik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169478 ft
United Kingdom

Just my 2p. I'm from the UK. As the drone weighs 249g (I've weighed it) I cannot add a third party strobe to the drone without putting it over 250g. This would put it into the higher weight category which makes it less able to fly in a lot of areas in the UK. As such, allowing the LEDs to be marker lights at night, would still allow VLOS (UK CAA rules) to be used whilst filming. Can you please implement a switch in the settings to allow this to happen?
2023-1-8
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-10-30 03:19
You are always welcome. Rest assured that we are doing our best to gather customers' inquiries and work on solutions to provide the best customer service to our consumers. Thank you for always choosing DJI!

In order not to interfere with camera, talk with the team for an option to keep the REAR lights ON even when it starts filming...Just add it as an option in DJI FLY (user can choose if want it on or off), I am sure that will be highly welcomed by users and you will get a nice congrats from the DEV team, as same as the adding of Sharp/Noise setting.
Cheers.
2023-1-9
Use props
Mirek_62
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45171 ft
Czechia

Geo_Drone Posted at 1-9 06:24
In order not to interfere with camera, talk with the team for an option to keep the REAR lights ON even when it starts filming...Just add it as an option in DJI FLY (user can choose if want it on or off), I am sure that will be highly welcomed by users and you will get a nice congrats from the DEV team, as same as the adding of Sharp/Noise setting.
Cheers.

The Mini 3 Pro has no rear lights.
2023-1-9
Use props
Jurasik
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just checked the EU regulation, UAS.OPEN.060(2) (g) does not apply in the UK. I would still like the lights to be activated though. I think this would come under VLOS regardless. I need to be able to see the drone, whilst flying at night, including whilst recording.
2023-1-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Geo_Drone Posted at 1-9 06:24
In order not to interfere with camera, talk with the team for an option to keep the REAR lights ON even when it starts filming...Just add it as an option in DJI FLY (user can choose if want it on or off), I am sure that will be highly welcomed by users and you will get a nice congrats from the DEV team, as same as the adding of Sharp/Noise setting.
Cheers.

I will surely take note of this, Geo. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-1-11
Use props
Tatyfly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3848471 ft
Italy

The Saint Posted at 2022-10-22 13:07
for this particular model, the lights will turn off when the camera is rolling.  i guess dji (who is under no obligation to comply with any relevant law or regulation on drone lighting) decided it was better for the drone to do it this way (whether it's the camera or the sensors or whatever).  perhaps there should be an on/off setting but maybe this can be added as an option in the next firmware.  personally i have no problem added a strobe for night lighting since the stock led is likely not useful for much more than a status indicator.

You're just saying ... if you add light weight exceeds 250 Gm
2023-1-13
Use props
Tatyfly
lvl.2
Italy

good good observation in the dark and the lights on the legs were off. Also I or Air 2s and still lacks European C1 certification
2023-1-13
Use props
Tatyfly
lvl.2
Italy

The Saint Posted at 2022-10-22 13:07
per questo particolare modello, le luci si spengono quando la telecamera gira. Immagino che dji (che non ha l'obbligo di rispettare alcuna legge o regolamento pertinente sull'illuminazione dei droni) abbia deciso che era meglio che il drone lo facesse in questo modo (che si tratti della fotocamera o dei sensori o altro). forse dovrebbe esserci un'impostazione on/off ma forse questa può essere aggiunta come opzione nel prossimo firmware. personalmente non ho problemi ad aggiungere uno stroboscopio per l'illuminazione notturna poiché il led di serie probabilmente non è utile per molto più di un indicatore di stato.

They sell the drone in the European Community so year the obligation not to write bull...
2023-1-13
Use props
cmarines
lvl.4
Flight distance : 331762 ft
Canada

Tatyfly Posted at 1-13 05:22
They sell the drone in the European Community so year the obligation not to write bull...

Strobe Light The weight is only 3g
2023-1-13
Use props
Tatyfly
lvl.2
Italy

cmarines Posted at 1-13 07:11
Strobe Light The weight is only 3g

Mini 3 pro pesa 247g + 3 = 250 deve essere meno di <250g per legge

Mini 3 pro weighs 247g + 3 = 250 must be less than <250g per law
2023-1-13
Use props
webfreak
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

The lights should totally be toggleable, but I do like the lights out mode when recording, just don't forget to stop recording if you're trying to land in the dark so you can see where it is!  

2023-1-13
Use props
Tatyfly
lvl.2
Italy

webfreak Posted at 1-13 09:30
The lights should totally be toggleable, but I do like the lights out mode when recording, just don't forget to stop recording if you're trying to land in the dark so you can see where it is!  
Also, the DJI Mini 3 Pro with Fly More batteries is over 250g, which is why those batteries aren't marked as "249g Ultra Light"

i am perfectly agreed with you but in Italy I can not really fly at night without lights the fine and of 33000€ like a big plane
2023-1-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tatyfly Posted at 1-13 08:28
Mini 3 pro pesa 247g + 3 = 250 deve essere meno di

You only need one as its the green light that is the legal requirement. Not sure if there is a legal requirement for placement though so you will have to enquire about that.

I stuck a red one on the left side of the body right up to the rear leg joint and same with the green one on the right side, i am also adding 1 white one, probably on the battery(s)
2023-1-13
Use props
Jurasik
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-13 18:25
You only need one as its the green light that is the legal requirement. Not sure if there is a legal requirement for placement though so you will have to enquire about that.

I stuck a red one on the left side of the body right up to the rear leg joint and same with the green one on the right side, i am also adding 1 white one, probably on the battery(s)

Any light addition puts the drone over 250g. We need to be able to toggle the inbuilt lights.
2023-1-14
Use props
Karl53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 290689 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I also don't understand why DJI doesn't give us the option to set the green LEDs (on or off) in the menu as well. That should be my decision!
2023-1-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jurasik Posted at 1-14 11:10
Any light addition puts the drone over 250g. We need to be able to toggle the inbuilt lights.

They are next to useless and certainly no good as strobes for other manned air vehicles.
The inbuilt are only good enough as a guide when close in, thats all.

You only need 1 green strobe and its hardly going to break the weight law, not all scales read the same so 1 or 2g over is not going to upset any police thats for sure.
2023-1-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

webfreak Posted at 1-13 09:30
Also, the DJI Mini 3 Pro with Fly More batteries is over 250g, which is why those batteries aren't marked as "249g Ultra Light"

The standard Fly More Kit batteries are the exact same weight.
The Fly More Kit with the Plus battery weighs more but these are not available in the UK or EU
2023-1-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tatyfly Posted at 1-13 05:22

Whilst yes, they do sell it in the EU, it does not state that it is legal anywhere in the DJI literature that it complies with the EU law on nighttime usage, the onus is on you to make sure you comply, not DJI's.

Crikey, why do people feel so entitled?
2023-1-14
Use props
Jurasik
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-14 18:13
They are next to useless and certainly no good as strobes for other manned air vehicles.
The inbuilt are only good enough as a guide when close in, thats all.

With our police, nimbys & other busybodies, putting it over 250g, even by just 1g, will put it into the higher category. Any sort of conflict with any of the above would put me in a very difficult position legally, knowing that the drone is over the weight class. It could potentially void my drone insurance.
2023-1-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jurasik Posted at 1-15 04:13
With our police, nimbys & other busybodies, putting it over 250g, even by just 1g, will put it into the higher category. Any sort of conflict with any of the above would put me in a very difficult position legally, knowing that the drone is over the weight class. It could potentially void my drone insurance.

Take the A2 CofC and you can legally do what a 250g can do except for "no intentional flight over peoples"
2023-1-15
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

If you add third-party equipment to the drone, here it is a light, the manufacturer's technical certification may be no longer valid.  So in this case you can remove the C label.
See EU rules Nr 2019/945.

2023-1-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-15 04:36
If you add third-party equipment to the drone, here it is a light, the manufacturer's technical certification may be no longer valid.  So in this case you can remove the C label.
See EU rules Nr 2019/945.

Does the MIni 3 Pro have the C rating?

Also, UK peoples, we no longer do the EU "C" rating anymore
2023-1-15
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Bashy Posted at 1-15 07:25
Does the MIni 3 Pro have the C rating?

Also, UK peoples, we no longer do the EU "C" rating anymore

UK or not, check with your insurance company. In my contracts it is clearly explicit that if the drone is modified by the user, therefore different from the declared model, the insurance contract is void.

There is a specific contract for "Home made" drones, it is not necessarily more expensive. The difference is that they ask more questions.

And the C label is to anticipate. If DJI asks for a photo of the drone, it's not for nothing.

All this applies to the EU of course, but also UK-people visiting the EU with their drone.
2023-1-15
Use props
Jurasik
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-15 04:26
Take the A2 CofC and you can legally do what a 250g can do except for "no intentional flight over peoples"

These are the rules for sub 250g drones. Its not just flying over people. Also, weighed the M3p again. https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/drone-code/where-you-can-fly#:~:text=250g%20to%20500g-,If%20you're%20flying%20a%20drone%20or%20model%20aircraft%20that's,not%20intentionally%20fly%20over%20them.
PXL_20230115_220940131.jpg
2023-1-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jurasik Posted at 1-15 14:16
These are the rules for sub 250g drones. Its not just flying over people. Also, weighed the M3p again. https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/drone-code/where-you-can-fly#:~:text=250g%20to%20500g-,If%20you're%20flying%20a%20drone%20or%20model%20aircraft%20that's,not%20intentionally%20fly%20over%20them.

Thank you for the pointer, perhaps I was thinking sub 900g but I'm not even sure if that's still a thing anymore, there used to be a shaded blue chart but I cannot find the latest version that covers up to 1/1/26

So, for the UK, adding strobes has no detrimental effect on flying other than ''no intentional flight over persons''
2023-1-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-15 08:00
UK or not, check with your insurance company. In my contracts it is clearly explicit that if the drone is modified by the user, therefore different from the declared model, the insurance contract is void.

There is a specific contract for "Home made" drones, it is not necessarily more expensive. The difference is that they ask more questions.

Insurance in the UK is only mandatory if used in a commercial setting.

If users opt to cover their UAS for loss, damage etc, then they will need to declare any modification to the factory state.
2023-1-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules