13320 7 2022-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raytaylor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23504 ft
New Zealand

Hi
I am looking at getting a DJI Mini 3 Pro.
Does anyone know if the DJI-RC controller allows you to plug in a phone to run other apps for controlling the drone for mapping?

1) DJI-RC-N1 - would require the phone all the time to use the drone and I assume works like the mavic remote   

2) DJI-RC - The one I want - Apparantly does not allow sideloading other apps. Therefore hopefully only requires the phone to be tethered with a USB cable when running a control app, but using the built in android at all other times.   

3) DJI-RC-PRO - doesnt seem to offer any tangeble benefits for the extra cost of buying it on its own. Allows sideloading APK files to run other apps.

Could anyone please clarify I have made the correct assumption for option (2)   

Many Thanks

2022-10-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, this function is unavailable but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-10-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is no SDK for the Mini 3 so there are no third party apps to control the drone.  The DJI RC does not run apps or connect to a phone.
2022-10-23
Use props
djiuser_WsS7DmxpTUpo
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-10-22 19:16
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, this function is unavailable but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.

Hello,
is there any update with the bespoken issue?
2023-3-22
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

djiuser_WsS7DmxpTUpo Posted at 3-22 03:09
Hello,

Sorry but I would not consider this as an issue. An issue is when something is not providing the capabilities it is designed to support. In this case you're asking for something the DJI RC is not designed to do.
2023-3-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_WsS7DmxpTUpo Posted at 3-22 03:09
Hello,

Thank you for your response. The DJI RC only comes with the DJI Fly app and we cannot download or use a third-party app on the said controller. Also, the said remote does not support connecting to another mobile device to run a 3rd party app. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-24
Use props
djiuser_IVp4HmSmrazc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 253051 ft
United Kingdom

Hi. I understand that the SDK has now been released to developers for the Mini 3 and they're working to incorporate it into their software. That's exciting! However, can you tell me if the DJI RC will be able to be used alongside those apps now? Or is it likely that I'll have to purchase the RC-N1 to use with third-party apps?

Thanks!
2023-4-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_IVp4HmSmrazc Posted at 4-18 19:10
Hi. I understand that the SDK has now been released to developers for the Mini 3 and they're working to incorporate it into their software. That's exciting! However, can you tell me if the DJI RC will be able to be used alongside those apps now? Or is it likely that I'll have to purchase the RC-N1 to use with third-party apps?

Thanks!

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. For inquiries related to the SDK function, we recommend you contact our related team directly. You may send them an email at (dev@dji.com). Thanks for your understanding.
2023-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules