How to clean bee guts off drone
2041 9 2022-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robomobius
lvl.1

New Zealand

So I was taking photos for a panorama and then about 10-20 bees started swarming around my drone. I tried flying away but the drone is nowhere near fast enough. When I landed there were bits of bees and blood and other stuff all over it. I started cleaning it off with cotton buds, a toothbrush, and a rag. What am I supposed to do in this situation?
2022-10-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have used a water damped cloth to remove insect remains.
2022-10-22
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Butt wipes work great and are multi use when needed.
2022-10-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don't use acetone it will melt the plastic.  
2022-10-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A lint-free cloth doused in warm soapy water and well squeezed out, will suffice.  DON'T use a solvent.
2022-10-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Disposable butt wipes to the rescue.  Have used them to clean off pieces of bees several times and they work just great.  
2022-10-23
Use props
Ruzhye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795640 ft
United States

We just use wet rags to clean bug debris off of a Cessna 172  after flying it.  A damp rag or the above mentioned baby wipes would work just fine.  
2022-10-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Robomobius. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. Depending on the condition of your DJI drone you can use a small amount of isopropyl alcohol on the shell to get any dirt and grime off of it. Then take your propellers and clean the insides there they make contact with the motor, any to dirt out that could potentially cause harm. Then while you are cleaning the gimbal locate a microfiber cloth and carefully wipe down the camera lens to insure a good shot the next time you fly. Thank you.
2022-10-24
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-7 16:57
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Having ridden motorbikes i learnt of a very simple way to remove bugs from my helmet, it actually works on any surface including bonnets, bumpers, DRONES and so on...
I would grab a tea towels or normal towels, something that held water and then slap it on the helmet and bike farings so that it covers all the surface and leave it for a while but not let it dry out, not even a little, after a short while, you just wipe the bugs away very easily.

As this is for a drone, i will scale it back, grab a flannel or similar, it must be able to hold some water, so synthetics will not do.
Soak it full of water and then wring some of it out, not all, but you don't want it dripping anything, place it on the areas needed, and leave for a short while, say 15 mins but you do NOT want it to start drying out, especially in the sun. Then just wipe the area and it will clean right up
1-7 17:27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules