TEDx with DJI Mini SE
1579 12 2022-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
neilfpv
lvl.4

United States

Hi all,

It's my first time editing this way. I didn't do a lot of planning which gave me a hard time trying to use some of the transitions I really like such as speed ramping.

I would love to hear your constructive criticisms so I can become a better video editor. I really like those cool edited footages in youtube.

But did I do a good job though? hehehe

Thank you,
Neil

2022-10-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to see!
2022-10-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Like the transitions but some of the panning should be slower and smoother.
2022-10-23
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The best way to edit is telling a story - which is hard especially with no voice over. I'm no great fan of transition effects, prefer hard cuts. mostly. I think most important for editing is edit to the music. Like the flying along the tent sideways.
2022-10-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nicely done Neil.    Maybe slow down the panning just a bit.
2022-10-23
Use props
neilfpv
lvl.4

United States

Thank you!
2022-10-23
Use props
neilfpv
lvl.4

United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-23 02:44
Like the transitions but some of the panning should be slower and smoother.

Thanks a lot! I will try that. I just learned something last night in Davinci Resolve. It's called proxies. Right now, I am unable to play my clips smoothly inside Davinci Resolve. I think using proxies will allow smoother playback in the timeline which will help me properly set up transitions. I was guessing the other day.
2022-10-23
Use props
neilfpv
lvl.4

United States

Depp Posted at 10-23 03:20
The best way to edit is telling a story - which is hard especially with no voice over. I'm no great fan of transition effects, prefer hard cuts. mostly. I think most important for editing is edit to the music. Like the flying along the tent sideways.

I totally agree with you. I think specific transitions would match the type of scenes. Thanks a lot!
2022-10-23
Use props
neilfpv
lvl.4

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-23 04:48
Very nicely done Neil.    Maybe slow down the panning just a bit.

Thanks a lot for the tips! I remember seeing a tutorial video where he showed how to change the speed via the menu. I'll try that as well as I'll be gentle on the sticks.
2022-10-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

neilfpv Posted at 10-23 14:57
Thanks a lot!  I will try that. I just learned something last night in Davinci Resolve. It's called proxies. Right now, I am unable to play my clips smoothly inside Davinci Resolve. I think using proxies will allow smoother playback in the timeline which will help me properly set up transitions. I was guessing the other day.

Creating proxies will take a little time as they are low res versions of the video but they will allow you to playback edits more smoothly.  
2022-10-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2022-10-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

neilfpv Posted at 10-23 15:02
Thanks a lot for the tips! I  remember seeing a tutorial video where he showed how to change the speed via the menu. I'll try that as well as I'll be gentle on the sticks.

You're most welcome Neil.    Have a great week.  
2022-10-24
Use props
djiuser_h24GwhGpRk8S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 51486 ft
Greece

Nice video there
2023-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules