How can I transfer 5.1k video to iPhone?
1825 8 2022-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
parkloop
lvl.2
United States

I recorded on 5.1 today and now it won't let me transfer it to the iphone because it's over 4k. I tried uploading to google drive and download it from there but eventhough it downloads, it won't show in my photo/video album. Anyway to get these files to the iphone without using a PC video editor which I don't have? Just going to use them for instagram, don't care to keep the 5.1k quality.
2022-10-22
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're going to have to convert it using something like Handbrake. https://handbrake.fr/

Personally I wouldn't be shooting in 5.1k, especially if your end goal is to just put this on FB. 4K is more than enough and the 5K video isn't in a standard video ratio, so it's kind of a gimmick unless you have a specific use for filming in what would really be called "cinema 5k".
2022-10-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. We will coordinate this with our designated team for clarification. When the DJI Mavic 3 records a video at 5.1k/50FPVS, the data rate reaches up to 200Mbps, which is equivalent to taking up around 25MB memory per second, and about 1.5GB per minute. You may transfer your files using your PC by taking the SD card (using a memory card reader) and connecting it to the PC. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-24
Use props
StorkM
lvl.1

Netherlands

HI DJI Paladin, what if you have footage shot in 5.1k/50FPS and you want to export it to your photo/video album on your iPhone to upload it to Instagram. What export settings can I use in Adobe Premiere Pro 2024 to be able to export and open my footage on my iPhone? Looking forward to be hearing from you. Kind regards, Mike
3-23 09:03
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

StorkM Posted at 3-23 09:03
HI DJI Paladin, what if you have footage shot in 5.1k/50FPS and you want to export it to your photo/video album on your iPhone to upload it to Instagram. What export settings can I use in Adobe Premiere Pro 2024 to be able to export and open my footage on my iPhone? Looking forward to be hearing from you. Kind regards, Mike

I see that you're new here so I'll be the one to fill you in. These admins aren't going to have a clue about Premiere Pro settings. They don't even know anything about their own products unless it's coming from a pre-written script. Just keep that in mind. To address your question though, there is no point in what you're trying to do. IG videos are 30fps only. Uploading a 50fps video means they are going to remove 20 frames every second from your clip. The results will be choppy and hard to watch. Also, the have a max resolution of 1080. So if you upload a 5.1k video it is going to be compressed even more that it already would have been. Just Google IG export settings and you will find your answer very easily.
3-23 11:52
Use props
StorkM
lvl.1

Netherlands

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-23 11:52
I see that you're new here so I'll be the one to fill you in. These admins aren't going to have a clue about Premiere Pro settings. They don't even know anything about their own products unless it's coming from a pre-written script. Just keep that in mind. To address your question though, there is no point in what you're trying to do. IG videos are 30fps only. Uploading a 50fps video means they are going to remove 20 frames every second from your clip. The results will be choppy and hard to watch. Also, the have a max resolution of 1080. So if you upload a 5.1k video it is going to be compressed even more that it already would have been. Just Google IG export settings and you will find your answer very easily.

Hi Johnnokomis, thank you for your response.
Is it worthwhile even to shoot in 5.1k if you are going to export it to your iPhone? For now it seems that I cannot get 5.1k in my photo/video album on my iPhone. Shooting and exporting in 4k seems to work though. Would you recommend C4K or 4K in this case?
Noted on the fps, I indeed read that you need to set it to 30fps.
3-24 08:41
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

StorkM Posted at 3-24 08:41
Hi Johnnokomis, thank you for your response.
Is it worthwhile even to shoot in 5.1k if you are going to export it to your iPhone? For now it seems that I cannot get 5.1k in my photo/video album on my iPhone. Shooting and exporting in 4k seems to work though. Would you recommend C4K or 4K in this case?
Noted on the fps, I indeed read that you need to set it to 30fps.

Yes and no but mainly no. A 5.1k video has 4 times as many pixels as even the 15 Pro Max. So you'll never even see 75% of the resolution. 5.1k is mainly to allow for cropping in during post without losing as much detail. What codec are you exporting in? Try exporting in H.265 instead of H.264 and you should have better luck viewing a 5.1k video file. The format you shoot in all depends on what your final end goal is. If it's only IG then standard 4k is better. If it's an ultra wide screen movie theater screen then C4k is better. If it's TikTok or IG Reels, you're going to have to crop it to a vertical aspect ratio anyways.  
3-24 09:18
Use props
StorkM
lvl.1

Netherlands

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-24 09:18
Yes and no but mainly no. A 5.1k video has 4 times as many pixels as even the 15 Pro Max. So you'll never even see 75% of the resolution. 5.1k is mainly to allow for cropping in during post without losing as much detail. What codec are you exporting in? Try exporting in H.265 instead of H.264 and you should have better luck viewing a 5.1k video file. The format you shoot in all depends on what your final end goal is. If it's only IG then standard 4k is better. If it's an ultra wide screen movie theater screen then C4k is better. If it's TikTok or IG Reels, you're going to have to crop it to a vertical aspect ratio anyways.

Thanks once again for the thorough explanation.
Exporting in HVEC (H.265) indeed works.
Do you have any advice for an export preset to use to post it on Youtube and/or IG?
3-24 13:16
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

StorkM Posted at 3-24 13:16
Thanks once again for the thorough explanation.
Exporting in HVEC (H.265) indeed works.
Do you have any advice for an export preset to use to post it on Youtube and/or IG?

I don't use presets. For YouTube I'll use h.264 and really just change the bitrate settings to VBR 2 pass. For a 4k60 video I'll set it to 60-75 mbps target bitrate and 90mbps max bitrate. I also upload straight to YouTube from the export screen in Premiere. That way you can choose your thumbnail and automate everything at one time. I usually have better luck sending it to Media Encoder instead of clicking export.

For IG, they compress the hell out of a video so set the resolution to their max for whatever aspect ratio you're using and lower the bitrate settings a lot.
3-24 13:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules