If the app within one of these 'smart' controllers crashes......
1066 11 2022-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

... does the controller still act as a controller for the drone? i.e can you still fly the drone under manual control and or could you initiate an RTH etc. etc.?
I include the Mini 3's DJI RC in this group though I think it is considered to be not a smart controller.
This thread
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D556%26typeid%3D556
brought the question to mind.

2022-10-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

On the smart controller the physical buttons and sticks still work,  I would assume the new DJI RC would act the same but Ive not had that crash on me yet.  
2022-10-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cheers DAFlys, have you had an App crash with a proper smart controller? It must be disconcerting first time around. I have had an App crash or phone crash with a separate screen device and that was bad enough, fearing that one might lose the controller would be even worse.
I
2022-10-23
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

I was recording a time lapse one evening, the first time Fly 1,7,4 crashed. Every time I opened the map to check Airsense, it crashed. The time lapse continued without interruption. I updated to 1.7.5, still crashed. I reverted to 1.7.0 and all is well again. I was the first to report the crashing.
2022-10-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. The Smart Controller is different from the DJI RC. Both of them have almost the same usage as both of them have a built-in screen however, they have different compatibility of drones. You may use the Smart Controller to fly the drone manually using the joysticks on the remote controller. You may initiate the RTH by pressing the RTH button on the remote controller once or long-press the RTH button on DJI Fly. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-10-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-24 13:18
Hi, there. T......... You may use the Smart Controller to fly the drone manually using the joysticks on the remote controller. You may initiate the RTH by pressing the RTH button on the remote controller once or long-press the RTH button on DJI Fly. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your valued support.

Thanks, however I feel compelled to ask, if the app has crashed how could one "long-press the RTH button on DJI Fly"?
2022-10-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-23 05:18
I was recording a time lapse one evening, the first time Fly 1,7,4 crashed. Every time I opened the map to check Airsense, it crashed. The time lapse continued without interruption. I updated to 1.7.5, still crashed. I reverted to 1.7.0 and all is well again. I was the first to report the crashing.

Hi, Mobilehomer. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Thank you for sharing this information. If ever you upgraded the app and you're having the same issue, kindly provide us the app log so that we can check on it. Rest assured that we are doing our best to gather customers' inquiries and work on solutions to provide the best customer service to our consumers. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-24
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-24 13:34
Thanks, however I feel compelled to ask, if the app has crashed how could one "long-press the RTH button on DJI Fly"?

Good one. I can tell you that the RTH button on the controller works just fine.
2022-10-24
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-24 13:39
Hi, Mobilehomer. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Thank you for sharing this information. If ever you upgraded the app and you're having the same issue, kindly provide us the app log so that we can check on it. Rest assured that we are doing our best to gather customers' inquiries and work on solutions to provide the best customer service to our consumers. Thank you for your understanding and support.

RC Pro controller, where do I find the "APP logs"?
2022-10-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-24 13:34
Thanks, however I feel compelled to ask, if the app has crashed how could one "long-press the RTH button on DJI Fly"?

Hi, Sean-bumble-bee. Thank you for the quick response. I appreciate you pointing that out. My apologies if I have given you all of the options to initiate the Smart RTH. If the app already crashed please use the first option which is by pressing the RTH button on the remote controller once. Thank you once again. Have a nice day!
2022-10-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you for the clarification.
2022-10-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-24 13:52
RC Pro controller, where do I find the "APP logs"?

Hi there. Below are the steps on how to get the app logs from the DJI RC Pro.

1. Power on the remote controller.
2. Connect one end of a USB-C cable to the USB-C port at the bottom of the DJI RC Pro remote controller, and connect the other end to the computer
3. Find the disk named “DJI RC Pro” in the hard disk root directory.
4. Double click and open the “internal shared storage”, and follow the path “Internal Storage/android/data/dji.go.v5/files/LOG” to find the app log file folder, and copy the entire folder to DJI.

Once the app log/s has been copied, please upload the file/s to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via DM. Kindly provide also the Firmware versions of the DJI RC Pro and your drone. Thank you for your cooperation and support.

2022-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules