698 18 2022-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here we go and have been looking forward to introducing the Avata to my home abandoned site. Loved it flying this through here. 100% control and much more fun than my Cinlelog35, due to the better efficiency. All in manual mode with camera on auto settings. The beams of light last about 20mins before the sun gets too high, like an abandoned sunrise effect. It can go wherever you point it -

2022-10-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Epic footage and great flying Corey.    It's easy to see why that old abandoned building would be a favorite FPV site for you.  I'm assuming you used the Controller 2 vice the Motion Controller for that flight.
2022-10-23
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-23 04:54
Epic footage and great flying Corey.    It's easy to see why that old abandoned building would be a favorite FPV site for you.  I'm assuming you used the Controller 2 vice the Motion Controller for that flight.

Yeah mate. Controller 2 and Goggle V2. It's a firm fave of the FPV community in and around Sheffield. There will be tears when the demo teams move in and start making way for houses....They will have a difficult job, as there's a river running past it and they have to get the wreckage over the river. Think there will be a memorial service for the old girl
2022-10-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 10-23 05:03
Yeah mate. Controller 2 and Goggle V2. It's a firm fave of the FPV community in and around Sheffield. There will be tears when the demo teams move in and start making way for houses....They will have a difficult job, as there's a river running past it and they have to get the wreckage over the river. Think there will be a memorial service for the old girl

Dang that will be a real shame to lose that prime FPV flying spot.  I see it appears to be a favorite spot for graffiti artists also.

Sounds similar to all the building construction going on nearby my location.  Forests are slowly disappearing and nothing but housing and commercial developments appearing.  Shame is nothing is being done about increasing infrastructure such as roads, etc.
2022-10-23
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204222 ft
  • >>>
Lithuania

Slow and smooth. Avata is perfect for casually hitting gaps.
I have noticed, somehow it's easier to hit gaps with the Avata than my both cinelogs 25/35.
2022-10-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeah, I liked this one even more with the sunlight!
2022-10-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Acres of space to practice. Is this the same location where the fires were smouldering in a recent post you made?
2022-10-23
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Nice to see!
2022-10-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Since you got the Avata have you flown anything else?
2022-10-23
Use props
UAVin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300502 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cool footage and smooth flying..
2022-10-23
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-23 22:38
Since you got the Avata have you flown anything else?

Did Clumber Park the day after it arrived, but it's not my fault I have lot's of abandoned sites to choose from
2022-10-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CoreyB10 Posted at 10-23 22:55
Did Clumber Park the day after it arrived, but it's not my fault I have lot's of abandoned sites to choose from

I think I meant flown any other drone since.  
2022-10-23
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-23 05:32
Dang that will be a real shame to lose that prime FPV flying spot.  I see it appears to be a favorite spot for graffiti artists also.

Sounds similar to all the building construction going on nearby my location.  Forests are slowly disappearing and nothing but housing and commercial developments appearing.  Shame is nothing is being done about increasing infrastructure such as roads, etc.

They are only allowed to demolish and build on the site. It's surrounded by forestry and classed as an area of outstanding beauty. They have no chance of expanding round the location.
2022-10-23
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Originalas Posted at 10-23 06:44
Slow and smooth.  Avata is perfect for casually hitting gaps.
I have noticed, somehow it's easier to hit gaps with the Avata than my both cinelogs 25/35.

They are both lighter and more responsive in my experience with the 30 and 35. Although Avata is no bloater, she just flies superbly everywhere I've flown so far.
2022-10-23
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-23 22:58
I think I meant flown any other drone since.

Took the Apex to the bando too and threw the DJI FPV around yesterday early evening before dinner. The weather ain't too good in South Yorkshire lately though.
2022-10-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CoreyB10 Posted at 10-23 23:06
Took the Apex to the bando too and threw the DJI FPV around yesterday early evening before dinner. The weather ain't too good in South Yorkshire lately though.

The weather has been terrible down here the last few days.  yesterday you could have kayaked down my road.  
2022-10-23
Use props
MisterSpyezFPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice rip & great location, I myself have been mainly fling the avata since I got it but took my nazgul out the weekend just to rip it hard and get some tricks in
2022-10-24
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-23 23:16
The weather has been terrible down here the last few days.  yesterday you could have kayaked down my road.

I'm off to Wales again tomorrow morning. Dreading it as got soaked through last time. Hoping to have a fly here, but taking one of my more agile toys - https://goo.gl/maps/Gv1UPfUTLsPKvGfv9
2022-10-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 10-23 22:58
They are only allowed to demolish and build on the site. It's surrounded by forestry and classed as an area of outstanding beauty. They have no chance of expanding round the location.

That's really great to hear.  Wish it was like that here also.  Developers and their big bucks get pretty  much what they want.  
2022-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules