12Next >
2653 41 2022-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone.Hunter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

I want to fly at low altitude, but I don't want to accidentally land.
You should be able to turn it off in the settings: Push the throttle stick down for one second to land (Instruction v1.2, page 18 Landing Protection)

2022-10-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You can fly as low as 0.5 meter above the surface below the drone, flying at that height simply don`t use any down stick...
Flying slowly up a slope, drone will keep the 0.5.  Only when the distance drone<>ground gets more than 0.5 adjust height with minor down input in steps les than 1 second.

If you wanna fly even lower that 0.5....nah  not with a DJI drone.

But for many other reasons it would be nice to have an option in the FlyApp to enable/disable Landing Protection.This has been asked many times over the years ; no joy form DJI.

cheers
JJB
2022-10-23
Use props
Drone.Hunter
lvl.4
Kazakhstan

JJB* Posted at 10-23 06:53
You can fly as low as 0.5 meter above the surface below the drone, flying at that height simply don`t use any down stick...
Flying slowly up a slope, drone will keep the 0.5.  Only when the distance droneground gets more than 0.5 adjust height with minor down input in steps les than 1 second.

I want to insure against accidental actions. Suddenly, instead of flying back, I'll press flight down.
2022-10-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Drone.Hunter Posted at 10-23 07:11
I want to insure against accidental actions. Suddenly, instead of flying back, I'll press flight down.

uh?  flying low,  without Landing Protection,  and press flightdown accidentally it will crash as well....

To bring a DJI drone into autolanding you need to fly at 0.5 meter baro height AND push down for 1 second.
Flying higher than 0.5 meter and pushing down it will just lower height....

cheers
JJB
2022-10-23
Use props
Drone.Hunter
lvl.4
Kazakhstan

JJB* Posted at 10-23 07:31
uh?  flying low,  without Landing Protection,  and press flightdown accidentally it will crash as well....

To bring a DJI drone into autolanding you need to fly at 0.5 meter baro height AND push down for 1 second.

You did not understand correctly. I want to fly at a height of 0.5m without the drone landing. And I also don’t want to accidentally plant it by pressing the stick wrong.
2022-10-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Drone.Hunter Posted at 10-23 07:43
You did not understand correctly. I want to fly at a height of 0.5m without the drone landing. And I also don’t want to accidentally plant it by pressing the stick wrong.

i do understand you perfectly

flying at 0.5 is possible, plus safer with Landing Protection ON. This bc you cannot lower the craft with minor down input!  so really safe.

So if you make a mistake, instead of fwd/aft bit down it will not go down at first, but only with more input ...and than with low down speed.....

Without Landing Protection it will immediately go down (with fulll down speed) if you do stick down
So what is safer to have?  ON or OFF?

cheers
JJB
2022-10-23
Use props
Drone.Hunter
lvl.4
Kazakhstan

You need an option that disables automatic landing on the stick down.
2022-10-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cover the infra red sensors with tape.
But be aware that you would have to manually control the rate of descent whilst, obviously descending, or, and more importantly, landing! I have nearly 'descended' a P3 into the ground because I had become accustomed to Mavic style landing protection.

That said I would advice against flights at an AGL of 0.5m. In addition to any accidental using of the 'down' stick you would need level ground or descending ground over which to fly. Besides, a single clump of grass with tall seed heads could bring your drone down.
Just a point, even with landing protection active a fast horizontal flight over rising ground may result in a crash, the control systen may not react quickly enough and or maybe fooled by the drone's angle of tilt.
2022-10-23
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

You need an option that disables automatic landing on the stick down.
2022-10-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drone.Hunter Posted at 10-23 10:46
You need an option that disables automatic landing on the stick down.

If you disable auto landing it would be much easier to crash into the ground.  With landing protection on you get the delay of down stick before before it kicks in,  you get a verbal notification of landing and you can cancel it with stick up.  If you could turn that off you touch the down stick a little and you hit the ground.
2022-10-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 10-23 22:29
If you disable auto landing it would be much easier to crash into the ground.  With landing protection on you get the delay of down stick before before it kicks in,  you get a verbal notification of landing and you can cancel it with stick up.  If you could turn that off you touch the down stick a little and you hit the ground.

so the answer to my question to OP in # 6 = ON   guess he does not understand it too well how it works.
2022-10-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 10-23 23:57
so the answer to my question to OP in # 6 = ON   guess he does not understand it too well how it works.

Absolutely JJB.  
2022-10-23
Use props
Drone.Hunter
lvl.4
Kazakhstan

DAFlys Posted at 10-23 22:29
If you disable auto landing it would be much easier to crash into the ground.  With landing protection on you get the delay of down stick before before it kicks in,  you get a verbal notification of landing and you can cancel it with stick up.  If you could turn that off you touch the down stick a little and you hit the ground.

We are talking about different things. Ground impact protection must remain. You just need to turn off the inclusion of auto-landing on the stick.
2022-10-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drone.Hunter Posted at 10-24 00:43
We are talking about different things. Ground impact protection must remain. You just need to turn off the inclusion of auto-landing on the stick.

There’s no need.   If you hear the land notification you just push left stick up and auto landing is cancelled.  
2022-10-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Drone.Hunter Posted at 10-24 00:43
We are talking about different things. Ground impact protection must remain. You just need to turn off the inclusion of auto-landing on the stick.

Simple what you’re looking to do is not possible on this drone. You might be able to pick up an old phantom 3 or even phantom 4 and you can switch off whats causing you the problem.

Alternatively get a very large  12v battery place it on the ground near you, connect it up to your left stick, anytime you accidentally touch the left stick you will get a warning “not to do that”
2022-10-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does 12V give you a shock? lol.
Personally I need a bit more voltage in order to feel it, though it does seem to vary with where the points of contact on the body are. No innuendo, just odd accidental contacts lol.
2022-10-24
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-24 15:37
Does 12V give you a shock? lol.
Personally I need a bit more voltage in order to feel it, though it does seem to vary with where the points of contact on the body are. No innuendo, just odd accidental contacts lol.

Just hook up an old-school 12 volt condenser. You will feel that!!
2022-10-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Actually as a serious point I probably have touched/shorted the terminals of a 12V capacitor, if so I don't remember a buzz. HOWEVER I did accidentally short a large capacitor charged to more than 300V volts across a finger tip, that HURT, jerked the entire arm and crisped the skin between the contact points.
2022-10-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please note that at the moment, the drone is set to land when the throttle stick is pushed downwards (supposing that Landing Protection is not operational). We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. Thank you for your great support.
2022-10-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 10-25 08:55
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please note that at the moment, the drone is set to land when the throttle stick is pushed downwards (supposing that Landing Protection is not operational). We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. Thank you for your great support.

Hi Tony

Question, in your answer "supposing Landing Protection is not operational", but when is Landing Protection not operational for the FlyApp drones during a flight ??

AFAIK there is NO option to enable/disable this function, it is always operational and only off the moment after the autolanding is initiated by the remote pilot.

cheers
JJB
2022-10-25
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

Did you end up replacing it?
2022-10-25
Use props
Drone.Hunter
lvl.4
Kazakhstan

ro_walker Posted at 10-25 12:13
Did you end up replacing it?

What was replaced?
2022-10-25
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 10-25 09:30
Hi Tony

Question, in your answer "supposing Landing Protection is not operational", but when is Landing Protection not operational for the FlyApp drones during a flight ??

What if there was an issue with the downward sensors, would this disable the landing protection?
2022-10-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bashy Posted at 10-25 19:20
What if there was an issue with the downward sensors, would this disable the landing protection?

Guess so, as downward sensor height data is used in the Landing Protection.

If in flight, baro height high, if the sensor 'false measure' 0.5 meter it will enter a ForcedLanding after 100% stick down.

For this reason only there should be an option to disable/enable Landing Protection.

cheers
JJB
2022-10-26
Use props
Drone.Hunter
lvl.4
Kazakhstan

JJB* Posted at 10-26 08:18
Guess so, as downward sensor height data is used in the Landing Protection.

If in flight, baro height high, if the sensor 'false measure' 0.5 meter it will enter a ForcedLanding after 100% stick down.

Fog and clouds can cause false ground.
2022-10-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Drone.Hunter Posted at 10-26 09:35

i know, dirt on the sensor as well, or water spray or...

2022-10-26
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

Drone.Hunter Posted at 10-26 09:35

Had a scary incident recently when I had the drone up and the clouds rolled in right above me (this was in the mountains). Couldn't land, since it kept thinking the fog was ground and didn't want to force land in mid air. Had to wait and look for some openings in the cloud to get under.
2022-10-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Beta5K Posted at 10-26 10:15
Had a scary incident recently when I had the drone up and the clouds rolled in right above me (this was in the mountains). Couldn't land, since it kept thinking the fog was ground and didn't want to force land in mid air. Had to wait and look for some openings in the cloud to get under.

Hi,

Uh, should be the other way around though. With a false reading of 0.5 meter it will enter a forcedlanding....and you just want to lower it normally.

Would be nice to see the flightlog for this issue.

use > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
post the uploaded link on here.

cheers
JJB
2022-10-26
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
United States

JJB* Posted at 10-26 10:42
Hi,

Uh, should be the other way around though. With a false reading of 0.5 meter it will enter a forcedlanding....and you just want to lower it normally.

Hm, i don't have the FlightRecord folder under the dji.go.v5 folder
2022-10-26
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks JJB*

Beta5K

From what i gather, even if the drone is at 500m height and it thinks it senses the ground due to something like fog, if you force the issue and enter landing, even from that height it will just keep descending until it lands, you could do this just to bring it back down to a more acceptable height, i.e. cancel the landing once you're happy with it.

Am i right in thinking that JJB*?
2022-10-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bashy Posted at 10-26 19:25
Thanks JJB*

Beta5K

yes, but ftom 500 meter down to zero in a forcedlanding takes so much time...
If this hapens with low battery, hope it will reach ground with 1% battery left....

Possible to cancel forcedlanding by up stick, but as you wanna go down it will enter a forcedlanding again and again...

DJI should add an option to disable/enable this Landing Protection,  or disable it auotmatically when flying with forward speed !  who wants to land a drone with 10 m/s forward speed.....

cheers
JJB
2022-10-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Beta5K Posted at 10-26 12:49

oke,  do you use the RC with or without screen ?
2022-10-26
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 10-26 23:56
yes, but ftom 500 meter down to zero in a forcedlanding takes so much time...
If this hapens with low battery, hope it will reach ground with 1% battery left....

500m was more of a hypothetical than out else, just a quick number that came to mind that illustrated what i was on about but good to know its as i thought, thanks
2022-10-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beta5K Posted at 10-26 12:49

If you are using a DJI RC you might like to have a look at
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=267178
Just in case the link doesn't work that threads title is "How to download flight record from DJI mini 3 pro RC?" and leads to https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... 27069/#post-1438281
If you are using controller and Android phone combination then if you look on the instructions on that Phantomhelp web page you will see two locations mentioned for Android 'phones', check both locations. Where the logs are stored depends on which version of the App you are using, I think the change occurred in the 1.5s.
2022-10-27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bashy Posted at 10-27 03:48
500m was more of a hypothetical than out else, just a quick number that came to mind that illustrated what i was on about  but good to know its as i thought, thanks

i knew it was hypothetical.....but from 120 meters do zero with 1 m/s downspeed....to much time too
2022-10-27
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
United States

JJB* Posted at 10-26 23:58
oke,  do you use the RC with or without screen ?

RC-N1 (without screen)
Looked at both folders in the phantom website and dont have the folder mentioned
2022-10-27
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
United States

Bashy Posted at 10-26 19:25
Thanks JJB*

Beta5K

I think it was maybe less than 100m above my head as the clouds were really low where I could barely see it.
I was just afraid if I force landed it that it would think the clouds were the ground and stop the motors mid air.
2022-10-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The drones can sense motion, or senses something that produces the same results, with the drone in flight there will be motion. In normal circumstance, which includes the situation you are thinking about, the drone will NOT STOP its motors until there is no motion sensed or very, very little motion sensed i.e. when the drone is literally on the ground or on your hand.
By way of demonstration of this, with my Mavic type drones (not the mini 3) I can hold the drone in my hand and start the motors, if I move/wobble my hand enough * the drone will think it is airborne, rev its motors and try to hold itself in a stable hover. If I keep wobbling my hand enough I can then fully close the throttle but the drone keeps the motors at flight speed trying to hover stabley. With the throttle still fully closed if I stop wobbling my hand the motors will stop.

Wobbling my hand with the throttle closed is analagous to your drone descending 'on to' the cloud bank, it will still be wobbling and the motors will not stop.

* Some people use this to launch their drone because as soon as their grip on the drone is released the drone will, for want of a better description, hover out-of / off their hand. DO NOT try that approach to launching with the Mini 3, or google it before you try it. I have the recollection of reading that the Mini 3 does not respond 'appropriately' to some aspect of that approach and several have crashed as a result.
2022-10-27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-27 07:59
The drones can sense motion, or senses something that produces the same results, with the drone in flight there will be motion. In normal circumstance, which includes the situation you are thinking about, the drone will NOT STOP its motors until there is no motion sensed or very, very little motion sensed i.e. when the drone is literally on the ground or on your hand.
By way of demonstration of this, with my Mavic type drones (not the mini 3) I can hold the drone in my hand and start the motors, if I move/wobble my hand enough * the drone will think it is airborne, rev its motors and try to hold itself in a stable hover. If I keep wobbling my hand enough I can then fully close the throttle but the drone keeps the motors at flight speed trying to hover stabley. With the throttle still fully closed if I stop wobbling my hand the motors will stop.

My first hand takeoff went completely wrong....(but my hand was close to the ground, so no damage)

But i find a way to do it now ; in your hand, start rotors manually, than full UP for more than 1 meter UP.
After this Mini3Pro will stabilize into hover.

cheers
JJB
2022-10-27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Beta5K Posted at 10-27 07:48
RC-N1 (without screen)
Looked at both folders in the phantom website and dont have the folder mentioned

oke,

did you searched like this ?

root//android/data/dji.go.v5/files/FlightRecord/

cheers
JJB
2022-10-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules