8402 45 2022-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dark Horse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175276 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 10-26 23:48
It would be a very nice little bundle, also crashed mini owners wanting to sell dji rc ;+)

I'm looking at purchasing an older lightly used Air 2s, will the controller work with that, or only newer ones?
2022-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Dark Horse Posted at 10-27 01:54
I'm looking at purchasing an older lightly used Air 2s, will the controller work with that, or only newer ones?

No it will work with all air2s
2022-10-27
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 10-26 23:47
Well it depends how old are the phones.
Set up time is much longer, phones dont like conditions cold or hot, much bigger set up extra controls.

I'll add to that. The RC controller also offers:
Large screen with good visibility in bright light (but not as good the the Pro controller);
Dedicated, programmable buttons for specific operations;
Wheels for smooth movement of the camera;
More comfortable to hold and use than a mobile phone configuration.

Only negative is that you're reliant on DJI to release new controller firmware each time the Fly app is updated, but as you say, if it's working - so what.
2022-10-27
Use props
dcaton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39606 ft
United States

Not exactly what you're asking, but I have an Air 2 (not S) and a Mini 3.  If I liked the Mini3 I had intended to sell my Air 2, but haven't done so yet.

I think the size/weight difference is a non-issue. Nobody is walking around with a Mini 3 in their pocket.

The big plus with the Mini 3 for me is the controller. It's just simpler to use a controller with a built-in screen.  I have an iPad Mini 4 that I use with the Air 2 and while it works fine, it's another device to keep charged and fiddle with before you can get in the air.  Battery life is also significantly better than the Air 2. And being able to charge the batteries with a USB C charger is better than having to drag around yet another proprietary power brick.  Unfortunately the battery charger still suffers from the limitation of only charging one battery at a time, even if you have a high-powered charger.  Poor design.

The one thing the Air 2 has that the Mini 3 doesn't is ADS-B aircraft detection. I never really found it very useful though.

I'll probably end up selling the Air 2 as I really haven't found a case where I'd rather use it vs the Mini 3, and I don't need two drones.
2022-11-1
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

dcaton Posted at 11-1 07:58
Not exactly what you're asking, but I have an Air 2 (not S) and a Mini 3.  If I liked the Mini3 I had intended to sell my Air 2, but haven't done so yet.

I think the size/weight difference is a non-issue. Nobody is walking around with a Mini 3 in their pocket.

Thanks man! I did make an offer on the 2s to a guy who won't ship, so I need to get "a friend of a friend" on that area to pick it up. Then work out the details on getting it home.
2022-11-1
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

dcaton Posted at 11-1 07:58

So the air 2 and the 2s both can now be used with the controller after a software upgrade, I'll be considering getting a controller in the future.
2022-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules