Looking from Brooklyn to the Big Apple
1106 28 2022-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cacike47
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3230748 ft

United States

Went to Brooklyn/Queens borders and took this shot of the Big Apple,  facing the Brooklyn Piers. You can see Empire State building, (extreme  left); Brooklyn-Queens Expressway in the foreground.

2022-10-23
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey, I was actually just in queens today. Me and my family are taking a trip all the way from California to go see New York City and then eventually go up to Connecticut and lastly Canada to go see Niagara Falls. But I must warn you though, even though on your dji fly app it may say that flying in New York is ok if you look online it’s actually illegal. I don’t know why dji doesn’t put up any warnings on the fly app as I thought you could fly here as well until I looked online. but it’s the same as flying your drone in a national park, it will say on your app that it’s ok to fly but if you look on the FAA’s website it will say flying in national parks is illegal as well. So just wanted to give you a heads up I case you weren’t aware and I do t want you getting your drone confiscated or given a fine but it’s a cool picture.
2022-10-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 10-23 20:45
Hey, I was actually just in queens today. Me and my family are taking a trip all the way from California to go see New York City and then eventually go up to Connecticut and lastly Canada to go see Niagara Falls. But I must warn you though, even though on your dji fly app it may say that flying in New York is ok if you look online it’s actually illegal. I don’t know why dji doesn’t put up any warnings on the fly app as I thought you could fly here as well until I looked online. but it’s the same as flying your drone in a national park, it will say on your app that it’s ok to fly but if you look on the FAA’s website it will say flying in national parks is illegal as well. So just wanted to give you a heads up I case you weren’t aware and I do t want you getting your drone confiscated or given a fine but it’s a cool picture.

Yes,  I think they banned it because of Casey Neistat.
2022-10-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely shots.  
2022-10-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice capture!
2022-10-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice shot of the NY skyline.  
2022-10-24
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-23 22:21
Yes,  I think they banned it because of Casey Neistat.

Don’t know who that is but I’ll check it out, thanks DA.
2022-10-24
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-24 02:10
Very nice shot of the NY skyline.

Thank you Downtown
2022-10-24
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer

United States

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 10-23 20:45
Hey, I was actually just in queens today. Me and my family are taking a trip all the way from California to go see New York City and then eventually go up to Connecticut and lastly Canada to go see Niagara Falls. But I must warn you though, even though on your dji fly app it may say that flying in New York is ok if you look online it’s actually illegal. I don’t know why dji doesn’t put up any warnings on the fly app as I thought you could fly here as well until I looked online. but it’s the same as flying your drone in a national park, it will say on your app that it’s ok to fly but if you look on the FAA’s website it will say flying in national parks is illegal as well. So just wanted to give you a heads up I case you weren’t aware and I do t want you getting your drone confiscated or given a fine but it’s a cool picture.

That's correct Fred, no one can fly in NYC unless they have permission. As a Part 107 pilot, you still need to secure a waiver even if you just go straight up and and only take a photo without moving. I notice some forum members go flying around big cities. I really hope they are aware of the regulations.. It's good to use more than one LAANC approval app. Not to mention the proper insurance. HFTA
2022-10-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting shot.
2022-10-24
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Beautiful shots. Nice work!
2022-10-24
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cacike47 Posted at 10-24 11:14
That's correct Fred, no one can fly in NYC unless they have permission. As a Part 107 pilot, you still need to secure a waiver even if you just go straight up and and only take a photo without moving. I notice some forum members go flying around big cities. I really hope they are aware of the regulations.. It's good to use more than one LAANC approval app. Not to mention the proper insurance. HFTA

Definitely; however, I did find out that you can fly in Central Park as a recreational flyer as long as you get a written approval from whoever manages the parks in NY.
2022-10-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 10-24 10:31
Don’t know who that is but I’ll check it out, thanks DA.

Im amazed you haven't heard about Casey
2022-10-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

My pleasure Cacike.    Hope you are having a great week.
2022-10-25
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-25 00:07
Im amazed you haven't heard about Casey

Well to be honest I actually rarely ever go on YouTube unless it’s to watch anything like piano tutorials; drones reviews; or anything Apple related and the occasional plane or helicopter crash videos.
2022-10-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 10-25 04:19
Well to be honest I actually rarely ever go on YouTube unless it’s to watch anything like piano tutorials; drones reviews; or anything Apple related and the occasional plane or helicopter crash videos.

He does do some reviews,   DII sent him the first Mini IIRC.
2022-10-25
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-25 03:49
My pleasure Cacike.    Hope you are having a great week.

Thank you Downtown and I wish you the same, a very healthy and safe week.
These days especially in NYC, it's a crap shoot if you can get into the city and back home safely one one piece.
2022-10-25
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer

United States

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 10-24 18:10
Definitely; however, I did find out that you can fly in Central Park as a recreational flyer as long as you get a written approval from whoever manages the parks in NY.

Well, I would be careful where in the park you would fly a drone. I was born 68 yrs. ago in Manhattan and there are some sections of the park that are kinda' desolate and prone to more crime than usual. Anyone planning to fly anywhere in the 5 Boros, is welcomed to reach out to me for advice on where to fly. HFTA
2022-10-25
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer

United States

Thank you, Montfrooji
2022-10-25
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer

United States

Thank you, Bleriot,
2022-10-25
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer

United States

ro_walker Posted at 10-24 15:19
Beautiful shots. Nice work!

Thank you, Walker
2022-10-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cacike47 Posted at 10-25 08:57
Thank you, Bleriot,

You're welcome
2022-10-25
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

My pleasure!!!
2022-10-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cacike47 Posted at 10-25 08:56
Thank you, Montfrooji

You're welcome!
2022-10-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Cacike47 Posted at 10-25 08:35
Thank you Downtown and I wish you the same, a very healthy and safe week.
These days especially in NYC, it's a crap shoot if you can get into the city and back home safely one one piece.

You're very welcome.  Not just a crap shoot in NYC only, it's like that everywhere it seems.  Anyway, thanks for the well wishes and so far it has been a great week.
2022-10-26
Use props
tsouza29
lvl.1
Brazil

Man, I from Brazil and all years I go to EUA to enjoy the vacation, 2019 I went to NY and Massachussets(26 days)  2022 (after covid  travel restrictions) I went to FL and Massachussets again, I spend 45 days, so 2023 March I go again maybe to Texas and FL I'm thinking about take some fly drone there, so we have diferent rules to fly in brazil vs EUA. I have a MINI 3 PRO and here we can fly "free"with the drones not over 249g. What you recomend me ? Take a drone there or take my drone to the travel ?
2022-11-1
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer

United States

tsouza29 Posted at 11-1 18:06
Man, I from Brazil and all years I go to EUA to enjoy the vacation, 2019 I went to NY and Massachussets(26 days)  2022 (after covid  travel restrictions) I went to FL and Massachussets again, I spend 45 days, so 2023 March I go again maybe to Texas and FL I'm thinking about take some fly drone there, so we have diferent rules to fly in brazil vs EUA. I have a MINI 3 PRO and here we can fly "free"with the drones not over 249g. What you recomend me ? Take a drone there or take my drone to the travel ?

Tsouza, I would bring it with you because you may find yourself somewhere that you can fly legally and it would be shame if you didn't have your drone with you. Make sure you have a good carrying case for your drone. I'm sure there are forum members here who have traveled to where you plan to go who can give you better tips. Have a safe and enjoyable trip.
2022-11-2
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567024 ft
United Kingdom

Lovely photo
2023-8-13
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer