Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motor Protected. Press Triger twice to resume...
4958 9 2022-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CalgaryHometour
lvl.1

Canada

I just set up my DJI OM 4 SE with an Iphone 12 Mini. I keep getting the message "Motor protected. Press Trigger twice to resume". I click the trigger twice then after 30 seconds it goes back to this message. What am I doing wrong?

2022-10-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try the troubleshooting steps below to see if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

1. Power off and leave DJI OM 4 SE idle until the three motors are brought to room temperature.

2. Attach a phone to the magnetic phone clamp, and check whether the gimbal can be balanced.

* Hold the tilt axis motor with the right hand (to stop the tilt axis from rotating), and rotate the phone to Landscape mode with the left hand. Check whether the gimbal can be balanced roughly. If it is noticeably unbalanced, it is recommended to level it before use.

3. When  DJI OM 4 SE is powered off, check if any of the three axes feels or gets obstructed. (Note: Compared to the tilt axis and pan axis, the roll axis feels different when rotated, as its rotary damper is larger.)
2022-10-23
Use props
CalgaryHometour
lvl.1

Canada

I did all those steps and it still switching to "Motor Protected. Press trigger twice to resume." I noticed that it only happens in horizon mode.
2022-10-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

CalgaryHometour Posted at 10-24 12:46
I did all those steps and it still switching to "Motor Protected. Press trigger twice to resume." I noticed that it only happens in horizon mode.

Hi, CalgaryHometour. Thank you for keeping us updated and we are sorry to know that the issue persists. To add, kindly perform a gimbal calibration and make sure to update the gimbal's firmware to its latest version. We will be waiting for your follow-up. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-26
Use props
djiuser_PF0Wsv0Xcpyj
New

Malaysia

CalgaryHometour Posted at 2022-10-24 12:46
I did all those steps and it still switching to "Motor Protected. Press trigger twice to resume." I noticed that it only happens in horizon mode.

I also have this issue. Can you please tell me if the issue is sorted and how?
2023-8-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_PF0Wsv0Xcpyj Posted at 8-10 06:30
I also have this issue. Can you please tell me if the issue is sorted and how?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Did you try to peform the troubleshooting steps provided above? Please follow the steps and this will help you isolat the issue. If you still experience the same problem, feel free to contact us. Thank you.
2023-8-25
Use props
djiuser_K0Pd1zthlKm6
New

Brazil

I have the same issue with my OM 6 and the troubleshooting steps above didn't work.
2023-10-11
Use props
powolny-marcel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 302185 ft
Belgium

Same problem for me
2023-10-27
Use props
I have the same problem on DJI 6 the machine dose not work and dose not calibrate, I did everything. I think it need a deep reboot or something more useful then all mentioned here
2023-11-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Albi@aquagallery.com Posted at 11-30 01:13
I have the same problem on DJI 6 the machine dose not work and dose not calibrate, I did everything. I think it need a deep reboot or something more useful then all mentioned here

Hello, there. We're sorry to hear about the situation. Please follow our recommendations below:

1. Place the mobile phone in the magnetic phone clamp and check whether the gimbal is basically balanced.

* Hold the tilt motor with your right hand (to prevent tilt axis rotation) and use your left hand to adjust the mobile phone to Horizontal mode. Check whether the gimbal is basically balanced. If the gimbal is seriously imbalanced, we recommend balancing the gimbal before powering it on for use.

2. Rotate the three axes of the gimbal (tilt, pan, and roll axes) while it is powered off. Check whether the gimbal is obviously obstructed or cannot rotate smoothly (different from the other two axes, the roll axis shows relatively larger rotation damping in the process of manually rotating the motor).

* If so, please send your product back for inspection and repair.

3. Calibrate the gimbal. If the issue persists after calibration, please send your product back for inspection and repair.

I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support!
2023-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules