Hi community! It's Aaron Avila
766 12 2022-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StrokeTV
lvl.2
United States

For the few that know me, It's Aaron Avila, Founder of Inspired Flyers Drone Community on Facebook and CEO of Stroke TV Media.

So I accedently did a big no/no. In my haste to get my Mavic 2 Zoom charged, I mistakenly shuved a cellphone micro usb (slightly different) into the micro usb charging port of my Mav 2 Controller. Needless to say it bent one of the male pins over and now it won't charge.

So I'm going to see if my wife will drive me to the computer repair shop and see if they can fix it. Oh, I'm a half paralyzed, in a wheelchair stroke survivor. I fly DJI Drones one handed.

Well it's been so long since I've flown I'm having to start over using one of the best!

2022-10-23
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have enjoyed many of your videos!  Glad to see you check in here!  Hope you get your drone sorted!!!!
2022-10-23
Use props
StrokeTV
lvl.2
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 10-23 16:41
I have enjoyed many of your videos!  Glad to see you check in here!  Hope you get your drone sorted!!!!

I'm hoping I can get it fixed at the local computer repair shop. Days not weeks.
2022-10-23
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

You will back in the air no matter which way you go, and that is what matters.  Your story is really inspiring to me and no doubt others.  I wish you great flying and if you find yourself in Arizona ever, shoot me a message so we can compare notes someday.
2022-10-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

good luck Aaron,   that charging port is a terrible design on the Mavic 2 controller,  so many times Ive had to really think about how to plug in.  
2022-10-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the tip!
Hope you will get it fixed
2022-10-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good to see you back on the forum Aaron.  Hope you are able to get the RC repaired quickly.  
2022-10-24
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Good to see you back Aaron , been a little while
2022-10-24
Use props
UKMoose
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

StrokeTV Posted at 10-23 17:52
I'm hoping I can get it fixed at the local computer repair shop. Days not weeks.[view_image]

2022-10-24
Use props
StrokeTV
lvl.2
United States

2022-10-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Aaron. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom remote controller and thank you for giving out these information. Since we are having this issue with your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom remote controller, I would also recommended to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the issue to avoid damaging the unit as well. Thank you.
2022-10-24
Use props
StrokeTV
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-24 19:45
Hello there Aaron. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom remote controller and thank you for giving out these information. Since we are having this issue with your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom remote controller, I would also recommended to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the issue to avoid damaging the unit as well. Thank you.

Thank you Stephen, I'm just reading this now. I forgot to give you an update. Turns out, no one wants to touch it. I'll contact them tomorrow.
2022-11-9
Use props
StrokeTV
lvl.2
United States

2022-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules