Quick Shots do not work due to low GPS
6047 12 2022-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_amZ1ZxfaZKH6
lvl.1

Canada

Hi All,
    I recently started using DJI Mavic Mini. I am loving the product. I plan to use quick shots (Helix and spiral) during my upcoming trip. Unfortunately, every time I try, the DJI fly app gives me error stating "Low GPS". I usually have about 10-13 satellites synced most of the time.

Is this not enough number of satellites already for the quick shots? Any tricks that can help me get through this problem?
2022-10-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

What does the top right GPS icon in the FlyApp shows for a colour?

Red = Low GPS in number and in quality > No GPS lock
Amber = Not so low GPS in number and in quality > GPS lock, no HP can be set
White = GPS lock and HP is recorded.

Only number of satellites doesn`t say that the GPS reception is oke....so wait for WHITE icon.
Sometimes it turns WHITE with 8 sats, or 12 or 16 ....

cheers
JJB
2022-10-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a screenshot of your DJI Fly application showing the issue for us to be able to see and can assist you on this matter. Thank you.
2022-10-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Any tricks that can help me get through this problem?
Fly out in the open where your drone has a clear view of most of the sky.
That should result in more sats.

2022-10-24
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

See this thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D712%26typeid%3D712
Make sure to be in P Mode when trying to switch to QuickShots, otherwise DJI Fly will give you a very misleading error message about weak GPS signal.
2022-10-24
Use props
djiuser_amZ1ZxfaZKH6
lvl.1

Canada

JJB* Posted at 10-24 00:40
Hi,

What does the top right GPS icon in the FlyApp shows for a colour?

Hello JJB,
    The top icon shows white with about 10-13 satellites connected. I will share the screenshot soon when I go out.
I tried going out today, but it was raining a lot here in Vancouver, Canada.
2022-10-24
Use props
djiuser_amZ1ZxfaZKH6
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-24 00:47
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a screenshot of your DJI Fly application showing the issue for us to be able to see and can assist you on this matter. Thank you.

Hello Stephen,
    Thank you.
I tried going out today, but it was raining a lot here in Vancouver, Canada. Give me sometime, once the weather clears out, I will go out ASAP.
2022-10-24
Use props
djiuser_amZ1ZxfaZKH6
lvl.1

Canada

120ccpm Posted at 10-24 10:36
See this thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=276563&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D712%26typeid%3D712
Make sure to be in P Mode when trying to switch to QuickShots, otherwise DJI Fly will give you a very misleading error message about weak GPS signal.

This thread does help.
I think I was always ion "C Mode" when I tried quick shots. I will make sure to be in "P Mode" when I give it a try the next time.
2022-10-24
Use props
djiuser_amZ1ZxfaZKH6
lvl.1

Canada

Labroides Posted at 10-24 02:44
Any tricks that can help me get through this problem?
Fly out in the open where your drone has a clear view of most of the sky.
That should result in more sats.

Hello,
    Thank you for the suggestions. I did go in open, and I had about 13 satellites. That tells me that I was in open.

However, I have to try in "P Mode" as suggested in this thread and see the results next.
2022-10-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_amZ1ZxfaZKH6 Posted at 10-24 17:30
Hello JJB,
    The top icon shows white with about 10-13 satellites connected. I will share the screenshot soon when I go out.
I tried going out today, but it was raining a lot here in Vancouver, Canada.

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for giving these update. Kindly please keep us posted on this matter for further assistance. Thank you and fly safe always.
2022-10-24
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

djiuser_amZ1ZxfaZKH6 Posted at 10-24 17:33
This thread does help.
I think I was always ion "C Mode" when I tried quick shots. I will make sure to be in "P Mode" when I give it a try the next time.

If you can, please report here on whether that was the issue or not, so others can benefit from it. I'm pretty sure that's the case, but I'm surprised nobody else experienced it... it's not that uncommon to be flying in S mode with the Mini, and then wanting to switch to QuickShots...

To DJI: if this is confirmed, then it should be treated as a bug. Either automatically switch to P mode when one selects QuickShots, or at the very least show a warning that is relevant and tells people what to do.
2022-10-28
Use props
djiuser_amZ1ZxfaZKH6
lvl.1

Canada

Hi All,
    Thank you for all the suggestions / help offered. I could finally go out yesterday during 3 hours window when it was not raining here. Below are the summary

* Quick shot works on my drone now. I was in picture mode (N mode), and then I could see quick shots enabled. I had not seen N Mode before.

* When I switch to C mode, quick shots still was disabled and showed GPS low error. This definitely looks like bug, which should be solved. The warning is misleading. Instead the warning / alert can be to ask the user to switch to the right mode.

I am very thankful to all here who helped me in time for my Panama trip to get quick shots working. I am excited to get some cool shots now.
2022-10-28
Use props
VEGGIEVIBES
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38862 ft
United States

So glad I found this.  Better late than never.  This happened to me back in Sept 2022.  Didn't find an answer back then.  I figured it was connected to the issue when DJI decided to narrow down the compatibility list of Android phones.  I have a Samsung Galaxy A32.  Worked great with my Mini until all of a sudden DJI pulled the app from the google play store and limited the Android phone models.  The app wouldn't even open on my phone until I found an older version of the app.  I was able to manually fly then but the quick shots error began.  Anyway, now that's "fixed".  I guess unofficially my phone should be back on the list.  Thanks!!
2023-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules