Process for replacement due to out of focus issues?
3341 22 2022-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DingoDingo
lvl.1

United States

I have been reading over some of the threads on this forum, and the camera I received suffers from the out of focus issue to what others have posted. What is the process for replacement or troubleshooting to authorize replacement? Thank you!
2022-10-24
Use props
DingoDingo
lvl.1

United States

I have found https://repair.dji.com/repair/replacement?lang=en, and I see where it notes 15 calendar days. The camera was registered on 10-13-22, so the 15 day window is only a couple of days away. Alternatively the other option would be to return it via Amazon's window, which is November 11.
2022-10-24
Use props
DingoDingo
lvl.1

United States

I have received direction from DJI through their support chat, provided proof of videos/pictures, and have filed a replacement case based on the guidance. I will update back here the rest of the process.
2022-10-24
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Me too. Today I sent the camera...
2022-10-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, DingoDingo. Thank you for reaching out and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. After testing and analysis, our engineers found that this issue is caused by a larger internal parameter that some cameras have. This issue can be optimized through firmware updates.

The firmware of Osmo Action 3 is updated using DJI Mimo.
Make sure the battery level of Osmo Action 3 is at least 15% before updating its firmware.
Connect Osmo Action 3 to the DJI Mimo app. If new firmware is available, users will be
notified by DJI Mimo. Update the firmware according to the on-screen instructions. The
update takes approximately two minutes.

If you would still like to proceed with replacing the unit you may view the standard refund and replacement on this link. https://m.dji.com/right-to-cancellation?www=v1. You may directly contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

StevoB Posted at 10-24 10:16
Me too. Today I sent the camera...

Hi, StevoB. We are sorry to read that you are having the same issue. If the replacement unit came, please update the firmware of the Action 3 and you may also set the parameters below if the issue persists:

1) ISO: 100-200;
2) EV: 0; Make sure that the ambient brightness is bright enough;
3) FOV: Wide
4) Resolution/Frame Rate: 16:9 & Steady Disabled & 4K25 or 4K30;
5) Fixed Capturing: Make sure that the camera and outer box remain fixed during capturing.

Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-10-24
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

I don't know fw that would physically move the lenses or the sensor. The firmware can only sharpen the software, but it also sharpens the background. You act like it's a rare, exceptional problem, but so far I haven't seen any OA3 anywhere on the forum or on YT that doesn't suffer from back focus....more or less. This is not about shaky hands and poor output, but OUT OF FOCUS. It is enough for me that the focus output is at least the same as from OA2, nothing more. Now it's worse.
2022-10-24
Use props
Urbsi
lvl.3
Germany

Here is an example for a pretty good video.
He had is camera middle of october.
2022-10-24
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Already after the first seconds you can see a sharper background, like his sweatshirt....I know you can live with it, but why isn't it at least like in OA2?
DJI please don't call me, my English is weak, I prefer to translate through google translator. Do you have someone who speaks Slovak?....
2022-10-25
Use props
Fraagles
lvl.2
Poland

Hi everyone, how can I check if my camera has a problem with the focus?

My camera has a production date in september.
2022-10-25
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

They are already sending me a new piece with serial number: 5S4DK8R..........
2022-10-28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

we are not sure or DJI is, a guessing game if asked.
2022-10-28
Use props
DingoDingo
lvl.1

United States

StevoB Posted at 10-28 01:03
They are already sending me a new piece with serial number: 5S4DK8R..........

My camera was received and verified on October 26th, and the "shipping" status is still orange, so hopefully soon!
2022-10-28
Use props
DingoDingo
lvl.1

United States

Update: Just received the new camera, it had firmware 01.01.04.40, I updated to 01.01.0540 first thing. I just shot two videos in very similar conditions as I was having issues with before, and everything looks great now! The clarity is much improved on the replacement.

So while it was a little bit of pain to deal with on a new product, I consider DJI to have made good on their replacement.
2022-11-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DingoDingo Posted at 11-3 12:44
Update: Just received the new camera, it had firmware 01.01.04.40, I updated to 01.01.0540 first thing. I just shot two videos in very similar conditions as I was having issues with before, and everything looks great now! The clarity is much improved on the replacement.

So while it was a little bit of pain to deal with on a new product, I consider DJI to have made good on their replacement.

Good job enjoy..
2022-11-3
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

Update: Just received the new camera, it had firmware 01.01.04.40, I updated to 01.01.0540 first thing. I just shot two videos in very similar conditions as I was having issues with before, and everything looks great now! The clarity is much improved on the replacement.

So while it was a little bit of pain to deal with on a new product, I consider DJI to have made good on their replacement.

Could you please post the link of videos so all can take a look to compare with their cameras ?

Thanks
2022-11-4
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316335 ft
Italy

You are lucky, in my replaced OA3 the problem was the same.
Could you write down the production date of the replaced product? Thank you!
2022-11-4
Use props
DingoDingo
lvl.1

United States

MarcoR Posted at 11-4 01:10
You are lucky, in my replaced OA3 the problem was the same.
Could you write down the production date of the replaced product? Thank you!

Is that the date near the barcode? If so that says 2022/9. I don't know what was listed on my other camera.
2022-11-4
Use props
DingoDingo
lvl.1

United States

TNQ Posted at 11-4 00:18
Could you please post the link of videos so all can take a look to compare with their cameras ?

Thanks

Here's a before and after of the same setup DJI support asked for the "before" camera: A picture of the box 60cm away in good lighting. I zoomed into both stills to show, but it's much better in the after. You can clearly read "Adventure Combo" and the font for DJI osmo action 3 is much sharper.
2022-11-4
Use props
Staffydog33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1348881 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I sent mine back to Amazon and got a new firmware upgrade version:

Version GoProHero11Black...lol

Matt
2023-1-12
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That’s what I did, except I kept the Action 3! I'm waiting in hope ......
2023-1-12
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Either way we'll have both cameras sooner or later.  not all cameras do what we want.
2023-1-12
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Fishycomics Posted at 1-12 05:33
Either way we'll have both cameras sooner or later.  not all cameras do what we want.

I'll add: and not everything, as the manufacturer still states in the specifications, because it's not just our request, it's on paper from DJI...
2023-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules