Saramonic USB Mic causing Micro SD issues on Action 3
1262 3 2022-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CrashSite68
New

United States

I've noticed issues with using a USB mic on the Action 3. I bought the Saramonic USB mic (I use sarmonic mics on the action 1 and pocket 2) to use with the action 3. The first time I tried it, it worked great and sounded amazing. Then later that day I tried again and an error showed up on the screen after about 5 seconds. It said slow SD card writing (or something to that nature). When I stopped recording, it did the spinning circle (saving) for about a minute for letting me do anything else. I checked and the file would not play back. I tried several times with the same result. I transferred all my files off the card, reinserted it into the action 3 and formated it in the camera. It seemed to work fine for a while and then it started doing the same thing. I don't know if this is a problem with the USB mic or a bug with the camera. I never had this issue with the action 1. The card I use is a Samsung Evo Select U3 128GB and I NEVER record in 4K. All my recording is done at 2.7K 60fps as my final video is 1080.

I just ordered a new Sandisk extreme pro card, but I have a feeling this isn't going to fix anything as I have never had any issues when NOT using a USB mic.

Anyone else have issues with a USB mic?
2022-10-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, CrashSite86. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. May we ask about the specific model of Saramonic USB mic are you using? Here are the recommended USB-C microphones for Action 3:

1. DJI: DJI Mic;
2. Soaiy: MK3;
3. Fifine: FJ230;
4. Latzz: A3
5. Lenovo: UM6S;
6. Saramonic: U3A;

If you have the Saramonic U3A  mic, please provide a screenshot of the error message so that we can provide you with troubleshooting steps. Please try also to use the newly bought Sandisk SD Card to isolate the issue. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-24
Use props
CrashSite68
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-24 11:00
Hi, CrashSite86. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. May we ask about the specific model of Saramonic USB mic are you using? Here are the recommended USB-C microphones for Action 3:

1. DJI: DJI Mic;

It's the Saramonic SmartMic UC mini. It works just fine and then a few hours later...  it doesn't.
2022-10-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

CrashSite68 Posted at 10-24 14:01
It's the Saramonic SmartMic UC mini. It works just fine and then a few hours later...  it doesn't.
[view_image]

Hi, CrashSite86. Thank you for the quick reply. For the microphones not listed in the recommended list, it may only work for some time. Please consider getting the mentioned microphones as they support 48K/16 bits digital types and they were fully tested with the Action 3. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules