1.00.071 Firmware Broke Matrice 210 RTK v2
821 3 2022-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rkmfl
lvl.1

United States

We have a DJI Matrice 210 RTK v2.

When running DJI Pilot app recently, the drone/remote/ etc -- upgraded to v01.00.0710 (most recent vesion as of 10 / 2022)

After the firmware upgrade, the Matrice 210 RTK v2 no longer works.

I have re-flashed several times, both the Remote and the Drone (directly by USB) with DJI Assistant 2 for Matrice.  I have also re-linked the Remote.  I've spent over 6 hours trying different solutions and re-flashing, etc.

The issues:
  • DJI Pilot app connects to the Remote, but incorrectly claims the Aircraft cannot connect (the remote is connected to the drone and exchaging data with it).

• DJI Pilot app also incorrectly claims "Check the 8-pin plug that connects the damping plate and the aircraft." (NOTE: this is well-known as an invalid error message that occurs after some firmware upgrades, based on past posts in this forum; this problem DID NOT exist prior to the upgrade and is not a "real" problem on this drone)

• The drone continues to flash Yellow/Red lights (indicates compass error -- this DID NOT exist prior to the firmware upgrade)

• The camera cannot be calibrated because the DJI Pilot app incorrectly claims the drone is unvailable (yet DJI Pilot accesses the remote fine and the remote accesses the drone fine).

We have over $40,000 USD invested in the Matrice 210 v2 RTK, camera/gimbals, batteries, remotes, baste station, gear, etc -- and I am constantly running into these sorts of issues.  Meanwhile, the competition's drone costs us about 80% less and we've had zero issues.

I am so tired of losing business and income because of DJI.  Expensive "enterprise" equipment should be far more reliable than the inexpensive equipment.

2022-10-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. We are sorry for the late reply. We will check this problem and reply to you asap.
Besides, if there is anything else that we can help with, please feel free to let us know.
Thank you in advance.
2022-10-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Update:
Please check the following steps and keep us updated.
1. Please try to upgrade the firmware again, and then check whether the abnormal error still occurs.
2. If the compass is abnormal, you can keep yourself away from the metal/magnetic field environment, or recalibrate the compass in an outdoor open space.
3. The camera cannot be calibrated, you may need to connect the remote control to the APP correctly, and then connect the remote control to the aircraft to calibrate in DJI Pilot.
2022-11-2
Use props
rkmfl
lvl.1

United States

> 1. Please try to upgrade the firmware again, and then check whether the abnormal error still occurs.
Yes, I attempted upgrading many times.  At the advice of DJI, I also downgraded to a supported release (as I explained).

> 2. If the compass is abnormal, you can keep yourself away from the metal/magnetic field environment, or recalibrate the compass in an outdoor open space.

Yes, I attempted that multiple times.  Unfortunately due to the problem, it will not allow me to recalibrate (as I explained).

> 3. The camera cannot be calibrated, you may need to connect the remote control to the APP correctly, and then connect the remote control to the aircraft to calibrate in DJI Pilot.

I left the camera disconnected, to reduce the potential numberof issues.

In short, I've already followed (and explained in my post) all of the suggestions you've included.

What's the next step?
2022-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules