Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912661 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks,

Here is my recent crash. Was hoping to get some feedback on if this is the strange bug that everyone is talking about, when you crash, it flips the camera over and does this straif torwards the ground? Idk.

100% My fault, clipped a tree branch.
The strange thing is, what the Avata did after it. The video seems to have flipped over and then it just flew towards the ground. Crossing a road and then into a field. The battery also came off as it hit the ground. So had to spend a while looking for it.
Took damage to 1 propeller. That's it.
Battery clip purchased.

Thanks,
Dragonfyr
2022-10-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It can take a beating.
2022-10-25
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like you were in manual mode. This is normal if you do not make corrections with the sticks.... it will not auto level and recover on it's own... hence "manual".   If this happens in the future, try switching to normal mode and hope for the best or do your "manual" thing and grip the sticks and move them to make flight corrections.

Good luck!

Afterthought... I did this sort of thing the other day myself in normal mode using the MC... I was over water (creek) and following the path of the creek at a fast rate of speed... I hit some "invisible" leafless branch and it bounced off and auto recovered. Just thought I would share that. Very similar impact on a tree branch. I got LUCKY.
2022-10-25
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Bob Brown Posted at 10-25 09:53
Looks like you were in manual mode. This is normal if you do not make corrections with the sticks.... it will not auto level and recover on it's own... hence "manual".   If this happens in the future, try switching to normal mode and hope for the best or do your "manual" thing and grip the sticks and move them to make flight corrections.

Good luck!

I think you missed the S in the bottom left... not manual. The issue is the drone was thinking it was the right side up or so and just dived to the ground caus didnt know it was upside down.Thats my theory. Also the moving dot gives away its with MC.
2022-10-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Dragonfyr. Thank you for reaching out and sharing the video of the accident. We are sorry to hear about the crash. Please note that we have forwarded your concern to our related team and we will update you once we receive feedback. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-25
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bob Brown Posted at 10-25 09:53
Looks like you were in manual mode. This is normal if you do not make corrections with the sticks.... it will not auto level and recover on it's own... hence "manual".   If this happens in the future, try switching to normal mode and hope for the best or do your "manual" thing and grip the sticks and move them to make flight corrections.

Good luck!

As someone else pointed out, I was in Normal mode. I was also using the Motion Controller. Sorry I didn't make that clearer.

Thanks for your feedback anyway
2022-10-25
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nees Posted at 10-25 10:41
I think you missed the S in the bottom left... not manual. The issue is the drone was thinking it was the right side up or so and just dived to the ground caus didnt know it was upside down.Thats my theory. Also the moving dot gives away its with MC.

Indeed, I was in Normal mode and using the Motion Controller

Yea, the fact that the avata decided to act that way is what confused me too. Someone on Facebook said there is a way to cancel / get out of that when it happens, but I recall having no control on it. Think I pressed the cancel/stop button too.

Very strange.

Thanks
2022-10-25
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dragonfyr Posted at 10-25 18:14
As someone else pointed out, I was in Normal mode. I was also using the Motion Controller. Sorry I didn't make that clearer.

Thanks for your feedback anyway

Brilliant, Thanks.

The problem I am now faced with, is if I go to a more public area and clip another object, will the Avata respond in the same way? Because that could be a huge problem.

Thanks,
Dragonfyr
2022-10-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dragonfyr Posted at 10-25 18:17
Brilliant, Thanks.

The problem I am now faced with, is if I go to a more public area and clip another object, will the Avata respond in the same way? Because that could be a huge problem.

Thing is in the UK you can't fly that drone in public places as its too heavy.  
2022-10-26
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-26 00:40
Thing is in the UK you can't fly that drone in public places as its too heavy.

Yes you can.

Go read Article 16 and the rest of the laws surrounding sub 25kg UAV's.
2022-10-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dragonfyr Posted at 10-26 01:11
Yes you can.

Go read Article 16 and the rest of the laws surrounding sub 25kg UAV's.

Well if anything was to happen you would have to prove you had a competent risk assessment.  
2022-10-26
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-26 01:40
Well if anything was to happen you would have to prove you had a competent risk assessment.

No, you wouldn't. Unless it was for commercial reasons.

Seriously, go read the rules before replying with more time wasting comments. Thanks.
2022-10-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dragonfyr Posted at 10-26 05:34
No, you wouldn't. Unless it was for commercial reasons.

Seriously, go read the rules before replying with more time wasting comments. Thanks.

Im well aware of the rules but here's the quote -

Within a ‘built up area’ if the flying site is within an area which is only used substantially for recreational purposes (for example playing fields or sports pitches) and a risk assessment has been carried out. Again, the BMFA can assist with this.

For guidance on conducting risk assessments to comply with Article 16 see https://rcc.bmfa.uk/article-16-risk
2022-10-26
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nees Posted at 10-25 10:41

Yeah sorry I missed that. Sucky that it even happened then... I feel super lucky now.
2022-10-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DJI Tony Posted at 10-25 15:18
Hi, Dragonfyr. Thank you for reaching out and sharing the video of the accident. We are sorry to hear about the crash. Please note that we have forwarded your concern to our related team and we will update you once we receive feedback. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi, Dragonfyr. To follow up, we recommend that you send the drone back to us for further examination as advised by our engineers. This is because the drone had a crash which may have affected its internal components. You may submit an online repair request through this link:{https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2022-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules