DJiGo for Android available now
9088 17 2015-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dirk.liesenfeld
lvl.2

Germany

Finally - the moment we've all been waiting for:
DJiGo for Android is online. You can install it via PlayStore.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.pilot&hl=en
My first impressions are simply awesome!
It works great with the 1.3.20 on my Samsung Galaxy S 8.4
No more hacks needed, no downgrading of playservices, nothing. It is rocksolid, the device doesn't heat up at all, no lags, no crashes, no stuttering and it seems to use all 8 Cores, CPU-Load around 30% max, Channel-Hack works. My PSP is like a new product!
I am once more a VERY satisfied costumer.

BTW: The S8.4 with Super-AMOLED is one of the brightest devices on the market atm. I can fly my PSP in direct sunlight without any screenshade.
So guys, I am keeping my fingers crossed, that everything will come to a good end for everybody!!
BTW2: If you are getting the message "firmware upgrade requiered", just check, if you are still having the upgrade-bin on the sd-card. It seems to be important to have it there, otherwise the message appears in the app. (happened to me at least)
2015-8-11
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

First review and very positive. Good! I cant wait to get home and test
2015-8-11
Use props
ugranzow
lvl.2

Germany

Good News Dirk! I have the same cool Tablet :-9 best thing is, that should work without the googleplay service hack!

Greetings from Berlin,
Uwe
2015-8-12
Use props
dirk.liesenfeld
lvl.2

Germany

ugranzow@web.de Posted at 2015-8-12 16:06
Good News Dirk! I have the same cool Tablet :-9 best thing is, that should work without the googlepl ...

Ah - Grüße zurück!
OT: Bin südlich von Berlin im hübschen Bad Belzig :-)

2015-8-12
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

Huge disappointment.
I made tests:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... p;page=24#pid191082
new version changes nothing. There is still a stuttering in upgraded google play services. On downgraded is perfectly fluent.
2015-8-12
Use props
ugranzow
lvl.2

Germany

same here kyokushin. after 2nd flight the app stuttered and crashed with Google play Service error message (i think its a classic memory leak ). i removed the Google play-Service Upgrades and then it was working. but flying is very agil withe the new app! that's why i tried to change the Expo Settings for the rc controller. values did not transfered to the Firmware - another new bug! congratulations DJI! another flopware!

dji: DJI what you doing?!?!?!  
2015-8-12
Use props
mick.huggan
New

United Kingdom

Really dissapointed, I have been eagerly awaiting the upgrade for a while and downloaded it today as soon as I saw it. Unfortunately, every time I open the app it starts the opening the initial pretty scenery picture and then it shuts down barely 4 or 5 seconds after activation.
2015-8-12
Use props
dirk.liesenfeld
lvl.2

Germany

That's weird. Works constantly great on my device...
There has been another update to 2.0.1.
Does it change anything?
2015-8-12
Use props
1anr0bbins
lvl.1

Canada

mick.huggan@gma Posted at 2015-8-13 05:44
Really dissapointed, I have been eagerly awaiting the upgrade for a while and downloaded it today as ...

I have the same problem. went for a flight earlier before I started to download and all was fine. downloaded the app but when I hit get started on the 4th page it stops...updating the P3 now with version 1.3.20. will do the controller next and then try the new go(pilot) app again..hope it works.
2015-8-12
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

dirk.liesenfeld Posted at 2015-8-13 06:31
Does it ...

Check number of satellites.
The problem with Google Play Services is starting when you got fixed about 11-15 sattelites. Then CPU usage is about 25% larger than it should. And this CPU usage causing stuttering and video feed is not fluent.
On 1.3.20 fimware is better (about 5-10% CPU usage less), but still Google  Play Services do not works correctly.
2015-8-12
Use props
ben_m16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5459859 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Yes, I have the version 2.0.1 for android and I use Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and I have a lot of lag with google services updated.

If I downgrade the services, all works perfect without lag.

I see another thing, the app only activates 4 lower power cores from CPU, and only uses 1Ghz. When I force to use the other more power cores at 1,9ghz, all works a little better. But the services always must be downgraded.

We need another new version of the Android app, this not fix the problems........

2015-8-12
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

dirk.liesenfeld Posted at 2015-8-13 06:31
Does it ...

Could You tell us more about your configuration?/

Ben_m16 have same tablet as you and he have a problems. Maybe you have something unique what we do not have and this could be a key.

dirk.liesenfeld,
System:
-What version of android you have?
-what version of google play services you have?
-have GPS in tablet turned on?
-what is configuration of localisation services on your tablet?
-are you using dalvik or art?
-any custom settings?

Test condition:
-What number of satellites you got on test?
-CPU usage with google play services and without (with 12+ satellites fixed) (on Cool Tool software)?
-something special?
2015-8-12
Use props
dirk.liesenfeld
lvl.2

Germany

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-8-13 15:15
Could You tell us more about your configuration?/

Ben_m16 have same tablet as you and he have a pr ...

OK.
But it will have to wait until Monday, because I am abroad atm.
2015-8-13
Use props
ugranzow
lvl.2

Germany

ben_m16 Posted at 2015-8-13 14:31
Yes, I have the version 2.0.1 for android and I use Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and I have a lot of lag with go ...

Same here! Without the Google Play Service downgrade the App sucks... Expo values for remote control cannot be saved... Its a new bug.
2015-8-13
Use props
sydneysider
lvl.1
Flight distance : 143835 ft
Australia

After downloading the new app I have noticed the aircraft direction in the navigation window in the bottom left side points in the opposite direction of the actual direction of the Aircraft. Am I the only one facing this issue. Any suggestion on how to fix this?
2015-8-13
Use props
1anr0bbins
lvl.1

Canada

mick.huggan@gma Posted at 2015-8-13 05:44
Really dissapointed, I have been eagerly awaiting the upgrade for a while and downloaded it today as ...

Mick. mine does the same thing. have you figured it out or does anyone have any ideas? I can't even get my old pilot app back.
2015-8-14
Use props
Nemmo
lvl.2

Russia

Try to use Go 2.0.1 on Nvidia Shield/ CRASHING!!! 70% fligth time/ Video Cash On/OFF/ Still Crashing.
Is drone stand on a table( not flying) App never Crash! What this? Anyboby (my be DJI team) can help US!!!
The App is still unuseable
2015-8-15
Use props
New
Flight distance : 891306 ft
Belarus

Hello, everyone!

I use an applications for iOS and Android.

When I try to open any flight record on my Android device, it takes 2-5 minutes to load something. All this time, the application looks unresponsive.

All of these records (which is synchronized in cloud) can be opened on the iPhone immediately.

Hardware shouldn't slow down. Could it be a problem with some setting or it is an application bug?

Screen attached.

2015-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules