Flying in Washington State
648 2 2022-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StealthPics
lvl.2
Flight distance : 424357 ft
United States

I will be traveling to Seattle soon and would like to do some filming with my drone in and around Seattle, specifically waterways, waterfalls and various parks. The area seems pretty heavily restricted, anyone have any experience with just how heavily enforced drone regulations are or know of any good areas frequented by fellow drone pilots that aren't heavily restricted? Thanks in advance for your replies.

2022-10-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there StealthPics. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. I hope that our fellow DJI Co pilots who have flew there DJI Drones in the said location can give out the best recommendation and information on this matter. In addition, I will post a DJI link where in you can check if a certain location where you want to fly your DJI Drone is free to fly or if the area or location is a no fly zone NFZ ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map ). Kindly please check local rules and regulations before flying, as they may change over time. Thank you.
2022-10-25
Use props
AeroNW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232844 ft
United States

It's pretty tough to fly there. Between Seatac and Boeing Field, Fort Lewis/McChord Field, and the numerous seaplane bases and helipads at medical facilities, there is very little airspace left to use freely. It is possible to request airspace authorizations and LAANC is often helpful for opening temporary areas, but you need to make sure you are aware of the restrictions and responsibilities.

Then there is the rain...

I hope it works out for you.
2022-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules