UK rules, could someone PLEASE walk me through the UK rules?
768 4 2022-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
up up and away5
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have tried numerous times to plough my way through them and each time I do I seem to get bounced from pillar to post and my brain throws a wobbler. It's probably just the way it is wired because plenty of other people seem able to figure them out.

I was ok with the rules and regs as they existed a couple of years ago but all this ''flight category'' and ''class'' combined, seemingly, with the possiblilty of a given drone being flown in multple combinations of category and class ''does my head in'', lol.

My drones are P3adv, Mini 1 & 2 and an M2Z, I am not a town or village etc. flyer, though it would be useful to know the relevant rules to such places. 'Urban' flights just do not interest me at all, though a few cathedral loops would be very nice but I think that is a forlorn hope. Plus I have concerns about what would happen if something went wrong over a built up area.

I would be a rural, coastal (primarily over the sea looking landward ) or a ''back of beyond'' hobby flyer, more interested in the previously 'impossible to obtain' imagery that is now available via the use of a drone rather than getting a thrill from the actual flying.

If anyone responds I would be VERY grateful for links to each CAA webpage concerning the topics you discuss.

Currently, on the CAA website, I seem to be finding a lot of ''for details of this go here'' comments but that may be just my jaded perception distorting my viewpoint, I also keep getting the impression that some of the old rules pages are still present on the CAA website but again that may be a mistake.

Alternatively could you compile a list of pages that should be read and understood and present that list in the order that you think the webpages should be best accessed.

Thanks for any assistance.

2022-10-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Basically <250g your can fly anywhere even over people (but not a group of people that couldn't move out of the way)  >250g you must stay 150m away from any person, structure, vehicle, park, beach, ruin, etc etc.  So basically open countryside where you can keep 150m away from walkers.

Im assuming you haven't take the A2CofC which for short period would change the rule for. >250g drones.
With the new rules you can fly for comerical reasons without any additional licence but you should have insurance.  
2022-10-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for giving out these information. I will post a DJI Link below where in can check some information about UK Drone rules and policies. I hope this link can help you as well. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/flyingtips/uk
2022-10-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The answers to this interest me too, I will watch this one.
2022-10-26
Use props
galaguru
lvl.1

Thailand

https://www.canifly.in/united-kingdom
2022-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules