FPV system/goggles for Vision + V3
2495 5 2014-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Any suggestions on an FPV system to be used with the Vision + V3?  I tested a Zeiss Cinemizer, very nice goggles and worked great with my wife's iPhone, unfortunately I have an Android and don't plan to switch to iPhone.  I wasn't able to get it working on any Android device I owned or was able to test with in the store so they go back.

Suggestions?
2014-12-3
Use props
humboldt710
lvl.2

United States

Edit: Check out the Moverio BT-200's.
2014-12-4
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

humboldt710@gma Posted at 2014-12-5 15:54
Edit: Check out the Moverio BT-200's.

I was until I found out that they sometimes work and sometimes not.  The success is too much dependent on DJI maintaining compatibility with an uncertified (and also older) version of Android.  If Epson updated their device (and had it certified) it would make me much more likely to use them but at this point I'm concerned that the day will come that they no longer work because Android versions are leaving them behind quickly.
2014-12-5
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I found a solution that appears to be working well; tomorrow I'll do some flying to check out more but so far so good!

I purchased a Miracast device and connected my tablet to the miracast, which connects Bluetooth to the Zeiss Cinemizer.  I initially tried it on my LG G3 but that showed a lot of delay in the video when moving around but when I switched to a small tablet (LG G Pad 8.3) it works quite nicely!

Zeiss sent me an email and indicated that they are continuing to investigate the LG G3 issues and they are brining a device in-house to test so maybe I'll get the goggles working without the Miracast but to be honest having the goggles connected wirelessly is really nice.

More later after more testing.
2014-12-5
Use props
ldreamsl
New

Italy

kenargo Posted at 2014-12-6 09:25
I found a solution that appears to be working well; tomorrow I'll do some flying to check out more b ...

You can use, for Android Phone, the MHL system (Samsung) or SlimPort (Nexus 5).

MHL: http://www.cnet.com/news/mhl-dem ... tertainment-system/
SlimPort: http://www.accellcables.com/products/slimport-to-hdmi-adapter
2014-12-6
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yes, it works with Samsung and just the connector but in my case I had an LG.   My issue was specifically with the LG phone and tablets.
2014-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules