DJI AVATA SUDDENLY YAW SPIN TO THE GROUND IN SPORT MODE!
1425 19 2022-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nfl14
lvl.1
Flight distance : 295121 ft
Indonesia

Hey guys

I flew my DJI Avata last week using sport mode on a straight line and out of blue the drone did a yaw spin clockwise very fast and crashed. I quickly tried to find the drone and found it without the battery. But fortunately at the end of the day the local people found it on their balcony and returned it to me.

I have the video before crash on the googgles. So on the footage it says "check whether propellers are working" then I lost the visual. It seems like the prop suddenly break mid air. I did a visual check on the props and they look just fine before that flight. When I found the drone on the ground, the props screw still mounted tightly on the motors..

After I received the battery, I tried to fly it to make sure if my drone is still ok. It flew normally even the drone looks so bad because of that weird fatal crash!.

So after I flew the drone, I charged the battery and let it be full, unplugged it and leave it overnight. The next day, when I about to fly, the battery doesn't work at all!. It doesnt want to turn on or even charge.. (charging hub led turned red, battery just flashes 4 bars blink fast)

It's soo bad. I thought DJI is a drone that I can trust and make me feel more confident to fly..I switched from DIY FPV drone because of the features that makes me feel in control with my drone. But then this is what I get...

The case number is CAS-10761056-X3C0G5

Currently I sent the drone already to Indonesia service center "Rumahdrone.id" and they cant read the status from that case number. The nightmare is not only that, so they tried to request a replacement for a new unit. The drone is still alive but i can't accept the damaged that caused by a bad quality propeller. And the DJI responded to their request and reject that cause propeller is not covered by a warranty.

This is ridiculous. Imagine you sell an electric car and you have a bad quality wheel that caused your customer to crash and damaged the car body but you don't take responsibility with that damage?is that how a company aftersales work? Where is your responsibility dji? If you dont replace then atleast repair those damage and the battery which wasn't my fault as a pilot!!

https://youtube.com/shorts/bQXlaooMrY8?feature=share

Screenshot_20221014-114930_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221026-110636_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221026-110704_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221026-110856_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221026-112753_Gallery.jpg
2022-10-25
Use props
nfl14
lvl.1
Indonesia

Fyi even the DJI live support said that I should get replacement but why did they reject that and my drone has been staying in service center for 2 weeks already!! I have upcoming projects and I missed some of them already now..
2022-10-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I am sorry for the accident and the difficulties you experienced. I will check your case with the corresponding team and see how to help, I will keep you updated.
2022-10-26
Use props
nfl14
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Susan Posted at 10-26 00:24
I am sorry for the accident and the difficulties you experienced. I will check your case with the corresponding team and see how to help, I will keep you updated.

Hi susan. Thanks for the fast response. Looking forward to hear the next update from you
2022-10-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

nfl14 Posted at 10-26 02:12
Hi susan. Thanks for the fast response. Looking forward to hear the next update from you

SInce the drone is in the local repair team, we are contacting the local team and urge for the update. Once they get back to me, I will reply to you right away.
2022-10-26
Use props
NaufalMuf14
lvl.1
Indonesia

Thank you Susan. Hopefully they give a respond to you asap
2022-10-26
Use props
NaufalMuf14
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Susan Posted at 10-26 03:09
SInce the drone is in the local repair team, we are contacting the local team and urge for the update. Once they get back to me, I will reply to you right away.
Hi Susan, I got an update from the local service center.

Case ID from the local service center is CAS-10935970-Y3T7W9

They said DJI has been doing investigation but the results is not as what I actually experienced.

They said like this
" 1. The aircraft worked in OPTI mode;
2. Flight Time T=498.5S, Relative Height H=3.1 m, the motors of the aircraft stopped under the pilot' s Combination Stick Command, the aircraft dropped and crashed

According to the analysis, the incident was caused by pilot's misoperation."

Well this is totally a wrong analysis. Below I attached a proof that shows my jotstick situation. On the flight log, the notification of propeller failure showed up suddenly while I was flying straight in SPORT MODE.

As you can see the I didn't do any yaw movement on the left joystick but suddenly my avata did an extreme yaw spin clockwise right away when the pop up notification shows up.
Screenshot_20221028-001708_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221028-001721_Gallery.jpg
2022-10-27
Use props
NaufalMuf14
lvl.1
Indonesia

And if you see the right joystick, I dont remember if that was me trying to recover the drone yaw situation or the drone just did that by it self when the notification shows up.

BUT THE LEFT CENTERED MOVEMENT ON THE RIGHT JOYSTICK DEFINETELY WON'T CAUSE AN EXTREME CLOCKWISE YAW SPIN TILL IT FALL TO THE GROUND.

LEFT CENTERED MOVEMENT ON THE RIGHT JOYSTICK WILL ONLY MOVE THE DRONE SLIDE TO THE LEFT IN A SLOWER SPEED! DEFINETELY NOT A SPIN MOVEMENT LIKE WHAT I EXPERIENCED.

So the statement of the investigation that said "the motors of the aircraft stopped under the pilot's Combination Stick Command, the aircraft dropped and crashed.
According to the analysis, the incident was caused by pilot's misoperation" IS TOTALLY NOT TRUE.

2022-10-27
Use props
NaufalMuf14
lvl.1
Indonesia

Please reinvestigate this. I believe they also got a wrong data to analysis. Cause from the details that they wrote on the analysis said that my total flight time was 498.5 second (8.03 minutes) and relative height was 3.1m.

Those data is completely different from what my flight log shows. TOTAL FLIGHT TILL IT CRASHED WAS ONLY 2 MINS (flight log video even shows only 1m18s) SO 8.03 MINUTES WAS NOT MY FLIGHT LOG DATA and my relative height was 34 meters not 3.1 meters
Screenshot_20221028-091523.jpg
Screenshot_20221028-092420.jpg
2022-10-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

NaufalMuf14 Posted at 10-27 09:32
Please reinvestigate this. I believe they also got a wrong data to analysis. Cause from the details that they wrote on the analysis said that my total flight time was 498.5 second (8.03 minutes) and relative height was 3.1m.

Those data is completely different from what my flight log shows. TOTAL FLIGHT TILL IT CRASHED WAS ONLY 2 MINS (flight log video even shows only 1m18s) SO 8.03 MINUTES WAS NOT MY FLIGHT LOG DATA and my relative height was 34 meters not 3.1 meters

Thank you for your update and I am sorry for the inconvenience. I will forward your feedback to the analyst and double-check, I will get back to you once there is an update.
2022-10-27
Use props
fans88d48b85
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8447031 ft
Spain

I had exactly the same issue and found the drone with the propeler missing as well. It is unacceptable from DJI that is suposed to make reliable drones to have an issue like this.

https://youtu.be/QOxmC9iDbso?si=tzOy3AmxS4Ne1pOL

I have found several issues this drone as well. When flying in manual if you harshly turn with speed abive 50kmh the drone will flip upside down and crash.... Whereas the manual states this manouver will cause instability, there is a massive gap between instability to flipping the drone upside down and crash. I contacted dji support and offered me to replace but after that email no sign of the assistant, they are just ignoring my emails.

The foam in the goggle 2 (if you are willing to keep the stock version and not to use an after market) breaks only by looking at it.

I have to say, when it comes to mavics everything is ok but with fpv drones i have seen all sorts of unexpected behaivours coming from their drones and must say it is far from expected
2023-10-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans88d48b85 Posted at 10-22 22:11
I had exactly the same issue and found the drone with the propeler missing as well. It is unacceptable from DJI that is suposed to make reliable drones to have an issue like this.

https://youtu.be/QOxmC9iDbso?si=tzOy3AmxS4Ne1pOL

Hi fans88d48b85, sorry to hear the experience you have suffered. Since you mentioned you have contacted with our support, may I know ticket number or e-mail for further checking? Thanks.

If it is inconvenient to post here, you could reply me through the private message, thanks.
2023-10-22
Use props
VLS1990
lvl.2
Spain

If anyone sees this. I want to let you know that DJI team is great and can solve some of the issues.... AT FIRST. If the drone is poorly designed you will end up with an expensive toy that will crash for reasons out of you control. When you will contact them they will excuse them selves with poor excuses but not offering a real solution for a poorly designed drone; and they will ignore you after you try to make them understand that it is not actually your fault.

The reality DJI drones are good and so is their technical support; but, again, only when the drone is good.

I have had several DJI drones and not had any complaint about them till I got to the latest DJI Avata or seen friends with the DJI FPV.

I know i can get a lot from fan boys. That is all what I have to say, cross fingers next one you get.
Don't do a sudden yaw spin at 60kmh with avata and then try with a iflight protek.
2023-12-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

VLS1990 Posted at 12-12 08:05
If anyone sees this. I want to let you know that DJI team is great and can solve some of the issues.... AT FIRST. If the drone is poorly designed you will end up with an expensive toy that will crash for reasons out of you control. When you will contact them they will excuse them selves with poor excuses but not offering a real solution for a poorly designed drone; and they will ignore you after you try to make them understand that it is not actually your fault.

The reality DJI drones are good and so is their technical support; but, again, only when the drone is good.

Hello, there. We apologize for the inconvenience. May we know if you encountered any difficulties or any issues? Or are there any things that need our assistance?  Please let us know and tell us some reference numbers, like case number or ticket number.  
2023-12-12
Use props
VLS1990
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-12 17:35
Hello, there. We apologize for the inconvenience. May we know if you encountered any difficulties or any issues? Or are there any things that need our assistance?  Please let us know and tell us some reference numbers, like case number or ticket number.

Dear Wanda

Apologies but i believe you should talk with your colleague that replied the post earlier here. Between him/her and other members of the team it would be the 3rd time i repeat myself. This is getting a little out of hand already...
2023-12-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

VLS1990 Posted at 12-12 23:11
Dear Wanda

Apologies but i believe you should talk with your colleague that replied the post earlier here. Between him/her and other members of the team it would be the 3rd time i repeat myself. This is getting a little out of hand already...

Do you mean the post at #10 was sent on the 22nd of Oct above?
May we double-check if all the issues you mentioned before have not been resolved till now?
Or are there any new issues?
2023-12-12
Use props
VLS1990
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-12 23:46
Do you mean the post at #10 was sent on the 22nd of Oct above?
May we double-check if all the issues you mentioned before have not been resolved till now?
Or are there any new issues?

From comment 10 it is the part that I say:

"I have found several issues this drone as well. When flying in manual if you harshly turn with speed abive 50kmh the drone will flip upside down and crash.... Whereas the manual states this manouver will cause instability, there is a massive gap between instability to flipping the drone upside down and crash. I contacted dji support and offered me to replace but after that email no sign of the assistant, they are just ignoring my emails."

DJI latest reply is: from DJI Thor: "The built-in propeller guard of DJI Avata enhances the flight duration and protects the drone from collisions while increases resistance during lateral movement, so the aircraft’s attitude may become abnormal at certain flight angles. In this case, it is recommended to not push the control stick fully to make the drone turn suddenly.
Also you could purchase the DJI Avata Battery Buckle Mount, which not only effectively prevents the battery from loosening, but also improves flight stability.
https://store.dji.com/es/product ... &from=store-nav"

I own several cinewhoops and I stress that the propeller guards are not, by any circumstance, the reason why this happens. My theory is that you are using undersize motors, or option 2 you have a glitch on the pidloop or both.

As you understand It is impossible for me to take this as an acceptable reply as the manual states: Al hacer un giro con la aeronave a altas velocidades en modo manual, la posición puede volverse inestable. Para garantizar un vuelo estable, evite mover lateralmente.

From this last point I would like to highlight 2 things. First is that you are talking about inestable which is unstable in english, so no mention of fliping upside down and crash. And second way it looks is, we have not done good enough, the drone is not safe so let's wash our hands with this statement.

What is more concerning is that when you raise this points, DJI staff just blanks me out. You cannot leave the people unattended with a badly designed drone when we have paid over 1000€ for it...
2023-12-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

VLS1990 Posted at 12-13 03:15
From comment 10 it is the part that I say:

"I have found several issues this drone as well. When flying in manual if you harshly turn with speed abive 50kmh the drone will flip upside down and crash.... Whereas the manual states this manouver will cause instability, there is a massive gap between instability to flipping the drone upside down and crash. I contacted dji support and offered me to replace but after that email no sign of the assistant, they are just ignoring my emails."

Thank you for your reply.
About the support service you feedback, we have forwarded it to our related teams.
For the question or issue you mentioned in the User Manual, DJI Thor has offered you the suggestion. You can refer to his reply.
The cautions in the User Manual act as a reminder. Users should pay attention to the flight environment and control.
We understand you must be proficient in controlling drones. Kindly understand that different drones have different designs.
2023-12-13
Use props
VLS1990
lvl.2
Spain

I understand different drones have different designs; however, this is not about design. It is about poorly designed or programmed drone but that is completely on your table. I am just giving my feedback about the issue that the drone has and DJI is not willing to sort out.
2023-12-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

VLS1990 Posted at 12-13 08:02
I understand different drones have different designs; however, this is not about design. It is about poorly designed or programmed drone but that is completely on your table. I am just giving my feedback about the issue that the drone has and DJI is not willing to sort out.

Hi, we confirmed with our teams. We apologize for the unpleasant services you had before. Our service teams will contact you and explain the things to you. Kindly pay attention to your inbox and phone.
2023-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules