New FW .0400 - and don't forget: update all batteries!
1572 21 2022-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... unfortunately DJI doesn't point this out explicitly, but on the road it's annoying when a different battery is inserted and then wants to start the update procedure first...
2022-10-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeah it is.
And sometimes it does not (with some updates) so I always check.
2022-10-25
Use props
ElleKN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 755669 ft
Germany

Do I just have to insert them and start the drone, or do I have to make the update process with each battery?
Thanks for your tip!
2022-10-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there frankymusik. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for giving out these information. This is not the experience we want you to have specially when you are on the road travelling. Just a friendly reminder to always check for DJI updates before travelling for you to be able to film all the footage and capture all the photos that you want. Thank you.
2022-10-26
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

ElleKN Posted at 10-26 00:10
Do I just have to insert them and start the drone, or do I have to make the update process with each battery?
Thanks for your tip!

... yes, the update process should be "triggered" again and again after inserting the additional batteries!

I actually always use the DJI Assistant 2 (for consumer drones) and the "incompatibility" of the FW is also displayed there immediately and you can / have to update again...
2022-10-26
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-26 00:11
Hello there frankymusik. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for giving out these information. This is not the experience we want you to have specially when you are on the road travelling. Just a friendly reminder to always check for DJI updates before travelling for you to be able to film all the footage and capture all the photos that you want. Thank you.

... yes, that applies to those who use several batteries and didn't think to plug each of the existing batteries into the M3P and start the update process again at home...
2022-10-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

frankymusik Posted at 10-26 00:16
... yes, that applies to those who use several batteries and didn't think to plug each of the existing batteries into the M3P and start the update process again at home...

Hi there frankymusik. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information that you have given. Again, thank you for your valued support and keep flying.
2022-10-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does this update definitely have a battery update included?
2022-10-26
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 10-26 00:38
Does this update definitely have a battery update included?
Yes, it does!!!
2022-10-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brilliant,  when my RC arrives back from DJI I will install.
2022-10-26
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 10-26 00:51
Brilliant,  when my RC arrives back from DJI I will install.

Did it "lost its life"...?   
2022-10-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice reminder on updating the batteries also Franky.  I'm holding off on updating the firmware for a few days to see if anybody reports issues with the latest firmware.  
2022-10-26
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-26 04:16
Very nice reminder on updating the batteries also Franky.  I'm holding off on updating the firmware for a few days to see if anybody reports issues with the latest firmware.

... everything worked fine for me today.
I had to adjust many settings in the app again, unfortunately...
2022-10-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 10-26 04:25
... everything worked fine for me today.
I had to adjust many settings in the app again, unfortunately...

Thanks Franky.  I definitely appreciate the feedback and glad to hear it worked fine for you.  
2022-10-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 10-26 02:17
Did it "lost its life"...?

The left hand gimbal wheel started to stick,  so when it was released it would carry on tilting the camera.   I decided to return it while its under warranty,  DJI have shipped back the replacement but UPS is terrible so its still working through the network.  Currently in Cologne,  it missed the transfer this morning which was a shame.  
2022-10-26
Use props
djiuser_JKW7bj07wXu2
New
Flight distance : 6102 ft
United States

Newbie Mini 3 Pro owner here, so exactly what is the process, step by step please, of updating batteries? I just got my new drone couple days ago and the initial setup seemed to go without a hitch, then I heard about updating batteries too?
2022-10-28
Use props
ocdmachine
New
United States

djiuser_JKW7bj07wXu2 Posted at 10-28 06:04
Newbie Mini 3 Pro owner here, so exactly what is the process, step by step please, of updating batteries? I just got my new drone couple days ago and the initial setup seemed to go without a hitch, then I heard about updating batteries too?

Never mind, I saw post above that answered my question.
2022-10-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Just disable auto update. Then you can update the batteries at your convenience instead of before a flight.
2022-10-28
Use props
ocdmachine
New
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-28 06:19
Just disable auto update. Then you can update the batteries at your convenience instead of before a flight.

Good point, still learning but glad I found this forum
2022-10-28
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-26 00:11
Hello there frankymusik. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for giving out these information. This is not the experience we want you to have specially when you are on the road travelling. Just a friendly reminder to always check for DJI updates before travelling for you to be able to film all the footage and capture all the photos that you want. Thank you.

I think there should be a similar notification after updating the drone itself: if you have spare batteries, insert them all in turn to update.
2022-10-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Drone.Hunter Posted at 10-28 10:23
I think there should be a similar notification after updating the drone itself: if you have spare batteries, insert them all in turn to update.

Hi there Drone.Hunter. Thank you for sharing your valued insights with us with regard to this matter. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.
2022-10-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 10-26 00:14
... yes, the update process should be "triggered" again and again after inserting the additional batteries!

I actually always use the DJI Assistant 2 (for consumer drones) and the "incompatibility" of the FW is also displayed there immediately and you can / have to update again...

Don’t go updating using a computer it has been grounding many Mini 3 pros
2022-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules