How to Connect DJITM Mic 2 Wireless with Pocket 2?
8201 31 2022-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P S
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1322933 ft
India

I have DJI Dual Wireless Mic and I have DJI Pocket 2 without all in one handle. How do I connect the DJITM Dual Wireless Mic Adapter to the DJI Pocket 2 to use both the Wireless Mic?

I am trying to search a solution to this but DJI Support Team is clueless about their own products, their own products are not compatible with one another.

Is there a solution to this DJI?
2022-10-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this inquiry to us. The DJI Wireless Microphone Transmitter can only be connected to the DJI Pocket 2 with the DO-IT-ALL HANDLE installed on the unit. We cannot connect the said microphone without the Do-It-All Handle. Hope this helps. Have a nice day ahead!
2022-10-26
Use props
P S
lvl.2
India

So if I buy do it all handle for Pocket 2 then I will be able to connect my DJITM Dual Wireless Mic to it? What would be the procedure to connect it, could you please share any guide. Note I am not referring to the single mic which comes with DJI Pocket 2. Here I want to connect DJI MIC which has 2 wireless mics.
2022-10-26
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

P S Posted at 10-26 08:01
So if I buy do it all handle for Pocket 2 then I will be able to connect my DJITM Dual Wireless Mic to it? What would be the procedure to connect it, could you please share any guide. Note I am not referring to the single mic which comes with DJI Pocket 2. Here I want to connect DJI MIC which has 2 wireless mics.

I've checked on the internet and I can see that the Wireless Mic has a socket labelled "out".  You simply need to use a 3.5mm stereo lead to connect that to the 3.5mm socket on the 'Do It All Handle".  It's just the same as with any such devices - identify the output of one, and connect it to the input of the other.
2022-10-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

P S Posted at 10-26 08:01

Hi there. Thank you for your inquiry. DJI Mic is a dual-channel wireless microphone system, including two transmitters and one receiver, which can record two sound sources simultaneously at a distance of up to 250 m. To connect it to the DJI Pocket 2, you must use the DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle and a 3.5mm camera cable to connect to the DJI Mic receiver. The specific connection method is shown in the following pictures:
Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.

2022-10-27
Use props
P S
lvl.2
India

DJI Tony Posted at 10-27 15:36
Hi there. Thank you for your inquiry. DJI Mic is a dual-channel wireless microphone system, including two transmitters and one receiver, which can record two sound sources simultaneously at a distance of up to 250 m. To connect it to the DJI Pocket 2, you must use the DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle and a 3.5mm camera cable to connect to the DJI Mic receiver. The specific connection method is shown in the following pictures: [view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image]
Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
Thank you for clarifying this. How will one hold the Pocket 2 and the connected adapter while on the move when I am recording?

The original single mic which comes with Pocket 2 doesnt need a cable to connect in similar way isn't there anything which can connect pocket 2 to wireless 2 mic wirelessly?
2022-10-27
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Now I see what you are trying to do.  You want to use the transmitters of the wireless mic system with the receiver of the Pocket 2.  Not surprisingly, you can't.  The wireless mic system was designed to connect, via its receiver, with just about any camera on the market having an input socket.  To have tried to address that market, and also the Pocket 2 as a wireless receiver (backward compatibility), would have probably meant unacceptable compromises, and given that they already make a wireless transmitter dedicated to the Pocket 2, I wouldn't have blamed them if the thought didn't even cross their minds.

To physically mount the DJI mic receiver to the bottom of the Pocket 2 handle you could use something like this -
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001286362797.html
2022-10-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

P S Posted at 10-27 15:43
Thank you for clarifying this. How will one hold the Pocket 2 and the connected adapter while on the move when I am recording?

The original single mic which comes with Pocket 2 doesnt need a cable to connect in similar way isn't there anything which can connect pocket 2 to wireless 2 mic wirelessly?

Hi there. Thank you for your response. Please note that the connection between the DJI Pocket 2 and DJI Wireless Microphone Transmitter is designed to be wireless as the Pocket 2 serves as its direct receiver. On the other hand, the DJI Mic must connect its receiver to the DJI Pocket 2 (Do-It-All-Handle) through a wired connection. As mentioned in the previous comment above, a completely wireless connection between the DJI Mic and the Pocket 2 is currently not supported. Additionally, since the size of the receiver is relatively small, you may carry it in one hand together with the Pocket 2. We value your feedback and we will relay it to our DJI developers. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2022-10-28
Use props
prakharsahay
lvl.2
India

DJI Tony Posted at 10-28 10:22
Hi there. Thank you for your response. Please note that the connection between the DJI Pocket 2 and DJI Wireless Microphone Transmitter is designed to be wireless as the Pocket 2 serves as its direct receiver. On the other hand, the DJI Mic must connect its receiver to the DJI Pocket 2 (Do-It-All-Handle) through a wired connection. As mentioned in the previous comment above, a completely wireless connection between the DJI Mic and the Pocket 2 is currently not supported. Additionally, since the size of the receiver is relatively small, you may carry it in one hand together with the Pocket 2. We value your feedback and we will relay it to our DJI developers. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Below are the request from our side to the developers of DJI to enhance user experience and not encourage a work around. The whole idea of using DJI Products is that we do not carry unnecessary wires, cables, mounts etc.

1. A completely wireless connection between the DJI Mic and the Pocket 2 should be made possible which is currently not supported by DJI. We understand that the size of the DJI MIC receiver is relatively small, still we may not carry it in one hand together with the Pocket 2 as it is only a make shift arrangement and degrades the user convenience.

2. Even the DJI MIC should get connect to the DJI Mini 3 Pro RC wirelessly.

A consumer buys costly DJI products for convenience and not to have work arounds. DJI must release a firmware update to make DJI Pocket 2 and DJI MINI 3 Pro RC wirelessly compatible with DJI MIC to enhance user experience.

As an owner of DJI Tello, DJI Mini 2, DJI Mini 3 Pro, DJI Pocket 2 and DJI MIC I seriously hope that DJI developers won't let me down and should work to enhance seamless user experience of these costly gadgets which are currently not compatible with one another.
2022-10-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

prakharsahay Posted at 10-28 11:13
Below are the request from our side to the developers of DJI to enhance user experience and not encourage a work around. The whole idea of using DJI Products is that we do not carry unnecessary wires, cables, mounts etc.

1. A completely wireless connection between the DJI Mic and the Pocket 2 should be made possible which is currently not supported by DJI. We understand that the size of the DJI MIC receiver is relatively small, still we may not carry it in one hand together with the Pocket 2 as it is only a make shift arrangement and degrades the user convenience.

Hi, prakharsahay. Thank you for sharing your valuable suggestions. We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback. We assure you that this will reach the related department. Thank you for your continued support!
2022-10-28
Use props
prakharsahay
lvl.2
India

DJI Tony Posted at 10-28 13:39
Hi, prakharsahay. Thank you for sharing your valuable suggestions. We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback. We assure you that this will reach the related department. Thank you for your continued support!
Thank you Tony and DJI Team. Once you get the revert from your developers let me know the estimated time frame for these functionality enhancements.
2022-10-28
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

One question that might not solve the wireless connection question, but could come otherwise handy with the Pocket 2: Do I especially need the DIA Handle to connect the DJI Mic to the Pocket 2, or could I use the Osmo Pocket 3,5mm to USB-C audio adapter? After all, I remember reading somewhere that it should be compatible with the Pocket 2.

For me, not personally a problem as I do own the DIA Handle, but could be some useful information for others wondering the question.
2022-10-29
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I would be amazed if these devices were compatible at the hardware level.  I very much doubt that it's a matter of a simple firmware update - and remember that firmware updates are subject to commercial cost-benefit analysis.  Is there a proven demand for this compatibility which would increase sales?  Was it ever promised to existing customers?  Etc etc.
2022-10-29
Use props
prakharsahay
lvl.2
India

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-29 13:14
I would be amazed if these devices were compatible at the hardware level.  I very much doubt that it's a matter of a simple firmware update - and remember that firmware updates are subject to commercial cost-benefit analysis.  Is there a proven demand for this compatibility which would increase sales?  Was it ever promised to existing customers?  Etc etc.

Satisfied customers leads to better financials and repurchase, satisfied customers are also best mode of gaining more reference customers. Many of us here use more than 1 product of DJI. For DJI they know how many people are common users of their device so even if they do financial analysis this will be beneficial for them.

People are used to the idea of accessories and mounts to workaround, but the trend is changing. Ease of use and device compatibility will only lead to more sales and win more customers.
2022-10-30
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

prakharsahay Posted at 10-30 02:27
Satisfied customers leads to better financials and repurchase, satisfied customers are also best mode of gaining more reference customers. Many of us here use more than 1 product of DJI. For DJI they know how many people are common users of their device so even if they do financial analysis this will be beneficial for them.

People are used to the idea of accessories and mounts to workaround, but the trend is changing. Ease of use and device compatibility will only lead to more sales and win more customers.

I can understand that reasoning, but when we're talking about devices which were developed probably two or more years apart, it might have restricted the functionality of the more recent device if it was deemed essential to make it compatible with the earlier device.  Of course I don't know, but I suspect that could be the case - so personally I won't rush to judgement.  
2022-10-30
Use props
prakharsahay
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 10-28 13:39

Its about to be a month now. Still waiting for an update. I wish DJI was more proactive in keeping customers informed who have multiple DJI devices.
2022-11-23
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

There's a queue here for FW update requests - I'm not sure whether your suggestion is necessarily at the top of it.  See https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=227106 for a long list of requests voted on by 124 users a long time back - and none of them have been addressed.  Maybe some of them may make it into the Pocket 3 if it ever happens.  Maybe the Pocket 3 will have the function you have suggested.   But right now I doubt whether they have the slightest plan to update the Pocket 2 any further - let alone within a month of one or two users making a request.
2022-11-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

prakharsahay Posted at 11-23 04:44
Its about to be a month now. Still waiting for an update. I wish DJI was more proactive in keeping customers informed who have multiple DJI devices.

Hi, prakharsahay. Apologies for the delayed response. Please note that when we forward suggestions to our engineers, they have to deliberate on many aspects before such features can be added. Moreover, it would require some time for it to be implemented. Regarding your requests, regretfully, we have not received any confirmation or further updates as of yet. Hopefully, the related team can look further into it and have it considered. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-25
Use props
PaulF
New

United Kingdom

Hi, can anyone help please
1) I bought the Pocket 2
2) Then the DJI Wireless mic which comes in charging case
3) I then realised I needed the Do It All handle to connect so bought that

Now any idea what I'm doing wrong as it just won't pair up

On pocket I swipe and click the icon to pair and on mic click the linking button
Nothing Happens, I've watched YouTube videos and I think I'm doing this correct

Stupid question, did I have to purchase the creator version, surely not ??

The mic works if I connect a cable to it but then its not wireless
Thanks for any help, I'n on the verge of just sending the Pocket 2 back for a refund
2023-1-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

PaulF Posted at 1-26 23:14
1) I bought the Pocket 2

Hi, PaulF. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the difficulties encountered. May we confirm if you are using the Do-It-All-Handle? If yes and it's still not working, kindly follow these troubleshooting steps:
1. When DJI Pocket 2 has been connected to the Do-It-All Handle but has not been connected to DJI Mimo, check whether the firmware of each module is the latest version.
a. In particular, check whether the Do-It-All Handle version shown in “Settings - Device Info” is the latest.
b. If not, check whether an update prompt appears when DJI Pocket 2 is being used alone or when it has been connected to DJI Mimo.
2. When DJI Pocket 2 is connected to the Do-It-All Handle, try again after resetting the device functions.
After that, kindly record the whole linking process and share it with us. We will be waiting for your update. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-27
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

PaulF Posted at 1-26 23:14
1) I bought the Pocket 2

You cannot wirelessly pair the DJI Mic system directly to the Pocket 2, what you'll need to do is to either get the DIA Handle or the Osmo Pocket 3,5mm to USB-C audio adapter and connect the DJI Mic receiver to that using a 3,5mm audio cable. The only wireless microphone (at least as of now) that works directly with the DIA Handle without additional wires is the one that is sold with the Creative Combo version or which is sold separately (no charging cases or separate receivers etc, just the mic and the windshield) AND is specifically mentioned to be designed for the Pocket 2 with a DIA Handle.

I wish they would enable us to directly use the USB-C connection of the DJI Mic receiver in the Pocket 2's or DIA Handle's USB-C connection, but alas - hasn't happened so far and it's been a while since the last time there were updates to the Pocket 2. Having that connection would both enable us to take additional cables off the equation and also solve the mounting problem for the DJI Mic receiver (the USB-C connector would easily keep the receiver mounted to the Pocket 2, at least with the DIA Handle attached.)
2023-1-27
Use props
PaulF
New

United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 1-27 07:54
You cannot wirelessly pair the DJI Mic system directly to the Pocket 2, what you'll need to do is to either get the DIA Handle or the Osmo Pocket 3,5mm to USB-C audio adapter and connect the DJI Mic receiver to that using a 3,5mm audio cable. The only wireless microphone (at least as of now) that works directly with the DIA Handle without additional wires is the one that is sold with the Creative Combo version or which is sold separately (no charging cases or separate receivers etc, just the mic and the windshield) AND is specifically mentioned to be designed for the Pocket 2 with a DIA Handle.

I wish they would enable us to directly use the USB-C connection of the DJI Mic receiver in the Pocket 2's or DIA Handle's USB-C connection, but alas - hasn't happened so far and it's been a while since the last time there were updates to the Pocket 2. Having that connection would both enable us to take additional cables off the equation and also solve the mounting problem for the DJI Mic receiver (the USB-C connector would easily keep the receiver mounted to the Pocket 2, at least with the DIA Handle attached.)

Thanks but I already have to Do It All Handle and its not working
2023-1-27
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

PaulF Posted at 1-27 09:19
Thanks but I already have to Do It All Handle and its not working

So are you connecting a 3,5mm audio cable between the DJI Mic's receiver's Output connection and the DIA Handle's 3,5mm input/output? It won't work without that.
2023-1-27
Use props
atagunov
New

United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 1-27 07:54
You cannot wirelessly pair the DJI Mic system directly to the Pocket 2, what you'll need to do is to either get the DIA Handle or the Osmo Pocket 3,5mm to USB-C audio adapter and connect the DJI Mic receiver to that using a 3,5mm audio cable. The only wireless microphone (at least as of now) that works directly with the DIA Handle without additional wires is the one that is sold with the Creative Combo version or which is sold separately (no charging cases or separate receivers etc, just the mic and the windshield) AND is specifically mentioned to be designed for the Pocket 2 with a DIA Handle.

Hi, same situation as PaulF: purchased Pocket 2 non-combo, purchased DIA handle, purchased DJI Mic with case. I second that it was totally beyond imagination that it was in fact impossible to extract one of the two mic-s from the case and pair it with Pocket 2/DIA handle wirelessly, just like the microphone sold as part of the combo.

I am unhappy. It does seem like a very similar mic. It boggles my mind that the said pairing does in fact not work. I reckon for most customers it is impossible to guess it would not work before buying.

I was totally prepared to being able to use only one of the two mics with Pocket 2/DIA handle, ok. One is better than nothing. That is why I purchased the DJI Mic - to be able to use it conveniently with the handle no hassle, one mic. And less conveniently via receiver and wires, two mics.

The fact it is not working is making me feel dissatisfied. I am considering returning DJI MIc to Amazon while I still can.
2023-5-1
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Indeed, you should return it - but I don't think there is any claim anywhere that it would work with the Pocket 2 - these days, whatever you are planning to do, someone else has already done it and put it on YouTube.  So if you can't find it there, there is a reason.
2023-5-2
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

atagunov Posted at 5-1 14:03
Hi, same situation as PaulF: purchased Pocket 2 non-combo, purchased DIA handle, purchased DJI Mic with case. I second that it was totally beyond imagination that it was in fact impossible to extract one of the two mic-s from the case and pair it with Pocket 2/DIA handle wirelessly, just like the microphone sold as part of the combo.

I am unhappy. It does seem like a very similar mic. It boggles my mind that the said pairing does in fact not work. I reckon for most customers it is impossible to guess it would not work before buying.

Shame to hear about the disappointment you had. I hope you find a proper alternative solution for your needs.

While I think the option you suggested could be handy, I do find the DJI Mic to be a good pairing to Pocket 2 in my selection of use scenarios. The receiver mounting was a bit of a question for me, but found a solution by getting a PGYTech dataport to coldshoe adapter for the Osmo Pocket and putting a couple of strips of masking tape onto it to making the placement fit tighter. And I do think the DJI Mic itself is quite a nice microphone solution. The only thing that is a minor annoyance is the relicance on the 3,5mm stereo cable, but I can live with that after finding one with a suitable length.
2023-5-2
Use props
prakharsahay
lvl.2
India

DJI Tony Posted at 2022-11-25 22:26
Hi, prakharsahay. Apologies for the delayed response. Please note that when we forward suggestions to our engineers, they have to deliberate on many aspects before such features can be added. Moreover, it would require some time for it to be implemented. Regarding your requests, regretfully, we have not received any confirmation or further updates as of yet. Hopefully, the related team can look further into it and have it considered. Thank you for your understanding and support.

It's been 9 months, may I have the permission to ask is there any update now?
2023-7-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

prakharsahay Posted at 7-31 14:28
It's been 9 months, may I have the permission to ask is there any update now?

Hi there. I understand the inconvenience. We have already sent this request to our relevant team however we don't have updates yet. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
2023-8-1
Use props
prakharsahay
lvl.2
India

DJI Tony Posted at 8-1 01:52
Hi there. I understand the inconvenience. We have already sent this request to our relevant team however we don't have updates yet. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

lol even after waiting for 9 months if DJI doesn’t have any solutions to the problems highlighted then its high time to STOP Buying any DJI products. It only shows that DJI as an organization doesn’t work on customers feedback and the internal process of DJI looks like equally pathetic where their own staff doesnt have any clue or tracking mechanism of resolutions.

I promise i wont buy any new DJI product and as soon as i have alternatives I'll switch over to better brands.
2023-8-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

prakharsahay Posted at 8-1 02:53
lol even after waiting for 9 months if DJI doesn’t have any solutions to the problems highlighted then its high time to STOP Buying any DJI products. It only shows that DJI as an organization doesn’t work on customers feedback and the internal process of DJI looks like equally pathetic where their own staff doesnt have any clue or tracking mechanism of resolutions.

I promise i wont buy any new DJI product and as soon as i have alternatives I'll switch over to better brands.

I understand where you are coming from and I know how important this feature is for you but please be assured your request has been sent to our relevant team for evaluation.
2023-8-1
Use props
prakharsahay
lvl.2
India

DJI Tony Posted at 8-1 04:05
I understand where you are coming from and I know how important this feature is for you but please be assured your request has been sent to our relevant team for evaluation.

Product enhancement based on customers feedback is a two way communication, if even after 9 months you do not have an update on it then there is no point of discussion. It is automatically evident that DJI doesn't care about its customers. Your understanding or emphasizing doesn't make any difference here.
2023-8-1
Use props
prakharsahay
lvl.2
India

prakharsahay Posted at 2022-10-28 11:13

1. A completely wireless connection between the DJI Mic and the Pocket 2 should be made possible which is currently not supported by DJI. We understand that the size of the DJI MIC receiver is relatively small, still we may not carry it in one hand together with the Pocket 2 as it is only a make shift arrangement and degrades the user convenience.

Does DJI Wireless Mic now works with DJI Pocket 3? Its been a year and there jas been no update on this from DJI.
2023-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules