What is this item?
12Next >
1462 42 2022-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Today, I received my DJI Pocket 2 Waterproof Case in the mail and decided to have a look at it.

When I opened the package and checked the items inside, I saw the usual things expected: the case itself, the inserts, the user manual, some packaging stuff. But I also found this item.

It was packaged in a manner that made it look like it is a part of the item and not just some packaging material. And from what I felt from touching it, it seems to have some kind of rubbery texture.

Is it supposed to be placed at the bottom of the case so it is between the case and the bottom of the Pocket 2 as a cushion? Or what is this item?
IMG_20221026_122449__01.jpg
2022-10-26
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

I would also like to add that the user manual made no mention of the item, so that was no help.
2022-10-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there HGDC84. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. The pad shown above is called the Osmo Pocket Compatibility Pad. The DJI Pocket 2 waterproof case can be used with the DJI Osmo Pocket. However, there is a size difference between the DJI Osmo Pocket and the DJI Pocket 2, so the Osmo Pocket Compatibility Pad needs to be mounted to the DJI Pocket 2 waterproof case. Thank you.
2022-10-26
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-26 02:12
Hello there HGDC84. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. The pad shown above is called the Osmo Pocket Compatibility Pad. The DJI Pocket 2 waterproof case can be used with the DJI Osmo Pocket. However, there is a size difference between the DJI Osmo Pocket and the DJI Pocket 2, so the Osmo Pocket Compatibility Pad needs to be mounted to the DJI Pocket 2 waterproof case. Thank you.

Thanks for clearing that out so quickly. :-) So I don't need it if I use the case with the Pocket 2?
2022-10-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

HGDC84 Posted at 10-26 02:16
Thanks for clearing that out so quickly. :-) So I don't need it if I use the case with the Pocket 2?

Hi there HGDC84. Thank you for the reply. Mount the Osmo Pocket Compatibility Pad to the bottom of the DJI Pocket 2 waterproof case. Kindly please note that the Osmo Pocket Compatibility Pad is only used when the DJI Pocket 2 waterproof case is used with the DJI Osmo Pocket. When the DJI Pocket 2 waterproof case is used with the DJI Pocket 2, there is no need to mount the Osmo Pocket Compatibility Pad. Thank you.
2022-10-26
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-26 02:26
Hi there HGDC84. Thank you for the reply. Mount the Osmo Pocket Compatibility Pad to the bottom of the DJI Pocket 2 waterproof case. Kindly please note that the Osmo Pocket Compatibility Pad is only used when the DJI Pocket 2 waterproof case is used with the DJI Osmo Pocket. When the DJI Pocket 2 waterproof case is used with the DJI Pocket 2, there is no need to mount the Osmo Pocket Compatibility Pad. Thank you.

Thanks for the advice, and also thank you for your extremely fast responses. Didn't need to wait too long to get the answers. Well done
2022-10-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 10-26 02:28
Thanks for the advice, and also thank you for your extremely fast responses. Didn't need to wait too long to get the answers. Well done

They 'should' have added some info on that package.....
2022-10-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, I'm interested in how you like the waterproof casing.
2022-10-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

HGDC84 Posted at 10-26 02:28

Hi there HGDC84. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any inquiries or any concerns with DJI in the future. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2022-10-26
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 10-26 02:32
They 'should' have added some info on that package.....

Yes, that would have clarified things.
2022-10-29
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 10-26 02:32
PS, I'm interested in how you like the waterproof casing.

Haven't done any through tests with it yet. For what I can tell at the moment, I like that it feels pretty sturdy and seems to be easy to operate. What I don't like as much is that I must remove the Pocket 2's lanyard before inserting the Pocket 2 into the case, or at least I haven't found a way yet to get both the Pocket 2 and it's lanyard to fit inside the case. But for the case itself, I'll have to see if I take it out for a test today in my high-rise's pool :-) Just need to find out what I should film underwater

Though mostly, my idea is to mostly protect it from rain and other extreme weather conditions, and for that, I believe it is at least sufficient.
2022-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 10-29 04:47
Yes, that would have clarified things.

A little label......
2022-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 10-29 04:51
Haven't done any through tests with it yet. For what I can tell at the moment, I like that it feels pretty sturdy and seems to be easy to operate. What I don't like as much is that I must remove the Pocket 2's lanyard before inserting the Pocket 2 into the case, or at least I haven't found a way yet to get both the Pocket 2 and it's lanyard to fit inside the case. But for the case itself, I'll have to see if I take it out for a test today in my high-rise's pool :-) Just need to find out what I should film underwater

Though mostly, my idea is to mostly protect it from rain and other extreme weather conditions, and for that, I believe it is at least sufficient.

Ah yes. I see.
I am using an underwatercamera for my beach visits. So it could be a nice replacement.
I'm also wondering how well it stays cool (mainly with timelapses)
And if you can do motion timelapses (I think not, since the P2 will move its gimbal, but the housing will stay and get in the way maybe)
2022-10-29
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Yes, something like that. Even better if they bothered to put a new version of the manual with that info included.
2022-10-29
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 10-29 10:41
Ah yes. I see.
I am using an underwatercamera for my beach visits. So it could be a nice replacement.
I'm also wondering how well it stays cool (mainly with timelapses)

The timelapse idea surely could make for some very interesting footage, if that is possible. :-)

Not sure about the heating issue, on one hand it is a closed space, but on the other the water could possibly dissipate some of the heat.

I'm a bit curious about the movement space for the gimbal, as I've seen some underwater filters for the Osmo Pocket/Pocket 2 from PGYTech and was wondering if those could be used with the DJI case or if they are reserved only for the third-party cases.

I think I will soon post about my experiences from the first test, while it doesn't contain footage I will mention a couple of things to take note of with it. :-)
2022-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 10-29 11:02
Yes, something like that. Even better if they bothered to put a new version of the manual with that info included.

Should not be that hard.
2022-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 10-29 11:07
The timelapse idea surely could make for some very interesting footage, if that is possible. :-)

Not sure about the heating issue, on one hand it is a closed space, but on the other the water could possibly dissipate some of the heat.

Yeah, I'd like to see how you go on with it!
2022-10-29
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 10-29 11:09
Yeah, I'd like to see how you go on with it!

I'll have to do a test on it to see if that is possible. Will report about it when I'm done :-)
2022-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 10-29 11:38
I'll have to do a test on it to see if that is possible. Will report about it when I'm done :-)

Nice
Have fun!
2022-10-29
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-26 19:58
Hi there HGDC84. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any inquiries or any concerns with DJI in the future. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.

Thanks for your offers for support. When I did some testing with the Pocket 2 Water-Proof Case, a couple of queastions did arise into my mind.

1) When using the inserts, should the plastic parts with the warning about not eating them be peeled of from the center part of the insert or kept in place?
2) How the inserts and the Pocket 2 should be placed into the case or removed from it when using? When I tried putting them in and taking them out, I had noticeable difficulties in it, as it felt they were almost too tight for the case.
3) Is it possible to use the ND Filters or Wide-angle lens and the Water-Proof case at the same time, or is it that there is too little space inside the case for that?

Thanks in advance for the replies! :-)
2022-10-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

HGDC84 Posted at 10-30 06:32
Thanks for your offers for support. When I did some testing with the Pocket 2 Water-Proof Case, a couple of queastions did arise into my mind.

1) When using the inserts, should the plastic parts with the warning about not eating them be peeled of from the center part of the insert or kept in place?

Hi there HGDC84. Thank you for the reply. You do not need to remove the plastic part of the DJI Osmo Pocket Anti-fog Inserts ( https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-pocket-anti-fog-inserts ). For additional reference I will post I will post a DJI Tutorial Video on How To Use The Waterproof Case with the with the DJI Osmo Pocket Anti-fog Inserts below.  Just a reminder to please store the anti-fog inserts in a dry environment. The anti-fog effects of the insert will decrease if it is used more than once. It is recommended to replace the insert with a new one before shooting underwater. Thank you.

2022-10-30
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-30 23:10
Hi there HGDC84. Thank you for the reply. You do not need to remove the plastic part of the DJI Osmo Pocket Anti-fog Inserts ( https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-pocket-anti-fog-inserts ). For additional reference I will post I will post a DJI Tutorial Video on How To Use The Waterproof Case with the with the DJI Osmo Pocket Anti-fog Inserts below.  Just a reminder to please store the anti-fog inserts in a dry environment. The anti-fog effects of the insert will decrease if it is used more than once. It is recommended to replace the insert with a new one before shooting underwater. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-l8SIKFguA

Thanks for the reference video and for the answer considering the first question of insert usage. However, I still am kind of confused about the number two question, and the video did not reply to question number three at all. So considering them:

2) I did attempt to put the insert into the case just like the video demonstrated, however it did not slide in as easily as it did on this example video. Could it be related to the fact that this video is about the first Osmo Pocket and it's version of the waterproof case, instead of the Pocket 2 and the waterproof case 2 I own? The camera models do have some small differences in their measurements.
3) The video said nothing about removing ND filters or keeping them in place. There were none to be seen on the video. Does that mean that ND filters should never be used at the same time as the waterproof case? Or is it okay after all?

Thanks in advance for replying these questions, too!
2022-10-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

HGDC84 Posted at 10-31 09:33
Thanks for the reference video and for the answer considering the first question of insert usage. However, I still am kind of confused about the number two question, and the video did not reply to question number three at all. So considering them:

2) I did attempt to put the insert into the case just like the video demonstrated, however it did not slide in as easily as it did on this example video. Could it be related to the fact that this video is about the first Osmo Pocket and it's version of the waterproof case, instead of the Pocket 2 and the waterproof case 2 I own? The camera models do have some small differences in their measurements.

Hi there HGDC84. Thank you for giving out these information. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the issue for us to be able to see and can assist you on this matter. Thank you.
2022-10-31
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-31 20:00
Hi there HGDC84. Thank you for giving out these information. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the issue for us to be able to see and can assist you on this matter. Thank you.

Thanks, will do that in the nearby future. How should I send the video to you? By using a cloud service such as Google Drive, or by uploading it to YouTube? Or perhaps some other way?
2022-11-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

HGDC84 Posted at 11-2 12:28
Thanks, will do that in the nearby future. How should I send the video to you? By using a cloud service such as Google Drive, or by uploading it to YouTube? Or perhaps some other way?

Hi there HGDC84. You can upload it to YouTube and past the link here at DJI Forum for us to be able to see the issue. Thank you.
2022-11-3
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-3 00:42
Hi there HGDC84. You can upload it to YouTube and past the link here at DJI Forum for us to be able to see the issue. Thank you.

Hello again. Here is the video:

Not only did I manage to demonstrate the excessive tightness of the case with the anti-fog insert, I also encountered and captured a couple of other weird issues with the case and the Pocket 2, such as buttons switching functions and even the display turning off when having the Pocket 2 powered on.

So, any comments on how to insert the anti-fog inserts and other occurences on this video?
2022-11-3
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 10-29 11:09
Yeah, I'd like to see how you go on with it!

Did the video above, showing some thoughts on the Water-Proof Case and the issues I have with it. Also, found out that you can't use the timelapse modes while the water-proof case mode is enabled. However, also found out that it is possible to enable slo-mo mode while the Pocket 2 in the case - just press the mode button to switch between video-photo and slo-mo modes.
2022-11-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 11-3 07:01
Did the video above, showing some thoughts on the Water-Proof Case and the issues I have with it. Also, found out that you can't use the timelapse modes while the water-proof case mode is enabled. However, also found out that it is possible to enable slo-mo mode while the Pocket 2 in the case - just press the mode button to switch between video-photo and slo-mo modes.

I'll check it out.
Thanks!
2022-11-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 11-3 07:01
Did the video above, showing some thoughts on the Water-Proof Case and the issues I have with it. Also, found out that you can't use the timelapse modes while the water-proof case mode is enabled. However, also found out that it is possible to enable slo-mo mode while the Pocket 2 in the case - just press the mode button to switch between video-photo and slo-mo modes.

Ok, that is quite the hassle.
2022-11-3
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 11-3 12:19
I'll check it out.
Thanks!

No problem :-)
2022-11-3
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 11-3 12:25
Ok, that is quite the hassle.

It is. If it wasn't so tight, it would be way more simple to use. Even half a millimeter wider would have made a huge difference. Still not sure if I have done something wrong with it.
2022-11-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 11-3 13:59
It is. If it wasn't so tight, it would be way more simple to use. Even half a millimeter wider would have made a huge difference. Still not sure if I have done something wrong with it.

Yeah, just like with the bottom part of the handle. Although that seems to get less tight over time.
2022-11-3
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

It's to tight... I don't have the water proof case... but for me looking at the video it's seems way to much tightness... to the point it accidentally press the buttons... is it a defective product? Or poor quality construction? Half a millimetre more and would be enough.

Nice video,  thank you for showing.
2022-11-4
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

I don't believe your doing anything wrong... it's supposed to be straightforward...
2022-11-4
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 11-3 22:52
Yeah, just like with the bottom part of the handle. Although that seems to get less tight over time.

Indeed it does. I almost had a heart attack once due to the bottom part getting loose unexpectedly when bicycling. I was a fool to put a thread mount on the bicycle handle and the attach it to the base unit with the thread. The mount stayed on its place, but the Pocket 2 took off from the base part and fell about a meter straight on to the concrete. Luckily, the Pocket 2 did still work after that despite some smallish cosmetic damage.
2022-11-4
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 11-4 02:10
It's to tight... I don't have the water proof case... but for me looking at the video it's seems way to much tightness... to the point it accidentally press the buttons... is it a defective product? Or poor quality construction? Half a millimetre more and would be enough.

Nice video,  thank you for showing.

Thanks for your feedback, it does feel to have slightly too small tolerances considering it should fit both the Pocket 2 and the anti-fog insert. One thing I wish would have been improved too is that I must remove the lanyard from the Pocket 2 before using the case. Feels a bit cumbersome to have to insert and remove it constantly.
2022-11-4
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 11-4 02:12
I don't believe your doing anything wrong... it's supposed to be straightforward...

For what I saw from the DJI's tutorial video, I think I'm not doing it wrong. And this feedback confirms my suspicions. Not sure why they ended up making it so tight.
2022-11-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 11-4 09:41
Indeed it does. I almost had a heart attack once due to the bottom part getting loose unexpectedly when bicycling. I was a fool to put a thread mount on the bicycle handle and the attach it to the base unit with the thread. The mount stayed on its place, but the Pocket 2 took off from the base part and fell about a meter straight on to the concrete. Luckily, the Pocket 2 did still work after that despite some smallish cosmetic damage.

Oh no.
That is not how you want it.
The DIAH is better for that I guess with a locking mechanism.
But it also makes the pocket top heavy, so maybe a clamp will be better (I think they also sell those)
2022-11-4
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 11-4 09:53
Oh no.
That is not how you want it.
The DIAH is better for that I guess with a locking mechanism.

I would say the safest bet is to get the Osmo Pocket Action Camera Mount. While it is a tad expensive for what it is, it probably is the most secure option for mounting.
2022-11-4
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

HGDC84 Posted at 11-4 09:56
I would say the safest bet is to get the Osmo Pocket Action Camera Mount. While it is a tad expensive for what it is, it probably is the most secure option for mounting.

I bought one of this to attach to the handlebar mount in my motorcycle
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EIz6yxf
It has rubber and the pocket feels tight enough, although I don't use it much in motorcycle riding... I prefer an old action camera I have... I'm afraid something hits the lens.
2022-11-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules