The benefit of gyro logger on DJI FPV
1403 4 2022-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EiraSYS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2560784 ft
Portugal

Having little skills in manual mode this is an example of what can be done with gyroflow and a gyro logger attached directly to the camera. It works in N, S and M modes with the DJI Motion Controller or the DJI FPV Remote Controller V2, we just need to turn off the stabilization of drone's camera recording. You can even change between modes and keep footage stabilized.

2022-10-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sheep herding with a drone.  What will they think of next?  
2022-10-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cool to see!
2022-10-26
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Very different version of Pachelbel's Canon. Interesting with the gyro. I guess the gyro is much smaller but I still prefer adding a GoPro because of the internal camera'S bad colors and low light capabilities. Would be interesting to see a version without the black borders intruding into the footage.
2022-10-26
Use props
EiraSYS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2560784 ft
Portugal

See here the live performance of Canon Rock, Jerry C cover by Laura Lace:

I didn't invest on GoPro yet, but yes that replaces completly this solution with better image quality, but with more weight and cost.
The cost of adding the gyro logger is very small, lower than 10€ if you already have the battery.
Best thing would be to have a new upgrade camera for the DJI FPV with better image, resolution, color, low light and gyro. Minimum similar to Avata.
Black borders in the footage are intentional, I set the Stabilization FOV to 1.2 and disabled Zooming in Gyroflow.It's like looking through a moving window where the black borders show the drone's motion.

And some pictures of the gyro logger:

Logger Lolin ESP32

Logger Lolin ESP32

Battery

Battery

Battery

Battery

Gyro

Gyro

2022-10-27
Use props
Advanced