Dji mini 3 pro H265 file with adobe 2023
3216 10 2022-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RUD_fr
lvl.4
France

I noticed that adobe (PPRO or AFTER FX) have problem to well import H265 files from my DJI mini 3 pro.
No problem on Resolve18.

Problem is adobe adding banding when manipulate your original rushes.... not when it is transcoded (h265 to xavc)

The only one solution i found for adobe is to transcoding file before manipulate them.

Two pc with nvidia RTX video cards, one AMD and other intel cpu same problem.

I will check on older adobe version if problem is the same

2022-10-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there RUD_fr. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information with us. I hope that our fellow DJI Co pilots who are using these editing software ( PPRO or AFTER FX ) can give out the best recommendation and information on this matter as well. Thank you.
2022-10-26
Use props
djiuser_dTWclrGMKT1k
lvl.1
Flight distance : 192867 ft
United States

I've had no problems importing and editing HEVC H.265 files from my Mini-3 Pro with Premiere Pro 2023, other than really slow/jittery playback/scrubbing in the preview window, which is resolved by creating proxies for the clips. The exported videos look outstanding, regardless of which codec I use. I get great results with std color profile, or D-Cinelike. 4k/30/24 or 1080, I haven't tried any other resolutions, but I have no reason to believe they would be any different.

Pretty run-of-the-mill HP ZBook laptop from 2015, i7 several generations old, with Intel and AMD FirePro GPU's. I've got the Microsoft HEVC codec installed, Windows 10.
2022-10-26
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

No problems at all on my side. Banding might be a visual effect when the computer is too slow for decoding and replaying the files in realtime. Bottlenecks may be mechanical harddrives or a weak GPU or CPU. I would suggest you try out working with proxi files in Premiere Pro, this should make the editing process more fluent.
2022-10-26
Use props
Rud
lvl.3

France

SeehawerB Posted at 10-26 21:41
No problems at all on my side. Banding might be a visual effect when the computer is too slow for decoding and replaying the files in realtime. Bottlenecks may be mechanical harddrives or a weak GPU or CPU. I would suggest you try out working with proxi files in Premiere Pro, this should make the editing process more fluent.

Hi thank you for trying to give me an answer. Banding stay after export on pro res 10bit, my monitor is 10 bits and know very well PPRO parameters to not degrade my editing during grading. The problem is strange i can import and playback without issues on ppro but when apply effect like neatvideo banding appear,  when i do the same on transcoded xavc file no banding. In other hand on after effects everything is good with original h265 mini 3 pro files, even with neat video color grading etc. I can scrub in timeline or move image per image result is good and stocked in ram cach. But when i push ram preview or render with render queue banding appear. In fact i have to push image per image to render correctly in ram cache and then export. With trancoded file no problem.
2022-10-27
Use props
RUD_fr
lvl.4
France

Did someone meet the probelms i discribed with native h265 mini3pro files on PPRO or AfterFX 2023 version? (put h265 mini 3 pro file on timeline and apply a plugin like neatvideo or dehnacer to see if banding appear)
2022-10-28
Use props
JENCA_CZ
New
Flight distance : 718343 ft
Czechia

same problem for me with mov files from dji mini 3 pro and adobe premiere
2023-3-23
Use props
JENCA_CZ
New
Flight distance : 718343 ft
Czechia

did any one some solution for this problem? Thanks
2023-3-23
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Transcode or proxy it to DNx or Prores.

H265 compression is horrible for real time edits.
2023-3-23
Use props
Rud
lvl.3

France

The problem is that Resolve doesn't need to transcode to have good results (without bandings appear) so where is the problem in premiere pro?
My pipeline for PPRO is to transcode outside premiere pro......
To have the best quality from 4k 25P h265 mov file from DJI mp3, i use Topaz video ai to transform 25P to 50P and encode in prores proxy format and result is the same than resolve (without adding banding when color correct) plus a nice fluide 50P video.
The original DJI mp3 50P file is not as clean as my Topaz solution.I would add that it is the same problem when apply neat denoiser or other plugins on PPRO..... you need to transcode original DJI mp3 files....
2023-9-11
Use props
Rud
lvl.3

France

or make after fx dynamic link and push color in 16 bit and come back to premiere and now you can color grading without artefact.
2023-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules