Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Matti Haapoja video about Avata crashing.
885 15 2022-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A1C
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

I thought you would be interested in seeing a YouTuber with a DJI relationship talking about avata crashing on him.

2022-10-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting video.  Definitely brings the flaw to DJI's attention.
2022-10-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2022-10-27
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Is these accident related to Remote Controller Control Stick error?
The Avata got a wrong command signal from the controller because of stick error.
I think DJI should look at this issue, should not allow the Avata to fly, return to N mode and return to home or landed.

I think we should not ignore the stick error and keep flying the Avata.
2022-10-27
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204222 ft
  • >>>
Lithuania

Maybe they are talking because this is a BIG ISSUE and a HUGE SAFETY  issue.. ALL AVATAS needs to be racalled ASAP. Bur DJI is sitting silent and pretending these are one in a time issue..

I had 2 DJI Avatas from different batches, they both had the same issue. It can be crashed simply pushed to high speed corner in manual mode

but even worse, they can crash randomly because of the wind/turbulance even in normal mode with the motion controler.
2022-10-27
Use props
HDPS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

hummmm, more of  click bait self promoting video, over 11 minutes just to show couple minutes of his Avata  flight  
2022-10-27
Use props
MIMAJ6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 371207 ft
Sweden

HDPS Posted at 10-27 21:54
hummmm, more of  click bait self promoting video, over 11 minutes just to show couple minutes of his Avata  flight

because this is just a part of video - not tech video of this flaw....

I mean, when YT who have deal with DJI show this to public....I mean..they must do something, right?

also he also meantion issue with DJI FPV .... so... two birds on 1 plate
2022-10-27
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... I agree with that!   
2022-10-27
Use props
A1C
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 10-27 23:03
... I agree with that!

It is a little bit, but his channel is in the vlogging/photography niche.  I subscribe to him, and this video is almost a continuation of a series.  

He's an excellent fpv pilot, plus he gets all the new DJI items to review before they are publicly released.  So I thought it was interesting that he went on a limb to say something is off with the Avata, even if it may sour his relationship with DJI.
2022-10-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I usually liked watching him, but lately it became too much of a over produced channel.
Too bad.
2022-10-28
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

Really really old news!
2022-10-30
Use props
A1C
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ro_walker Posted at 10-30 04:03
Really really old news!

I wasn't mentioning it as new news.  I was adding another data point to the whole crashing conversation.

99% of the time, YouTubers with sponsorship deals that get paid from companies shy away from controversies and try not to muddy the water and bite the hand that feeds them.  I thought it was interesting that he was willing to do so.

It seems the sirens are getting louder, so I'm hopeful that an update for this will get a higher priority.
2022-10-30
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

good they do some publicity about issues - when will DJI take some action/fixes?
bad, they promote themself so strong in it
2022-10-30
Use props
A1C
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

KREMi Posted at 10-30 08:40
good they do some publicity about issues - when will DJI take some action/fixes?
bad, they promote themself so strong in it

My guess is this is their top priority, but they need to reliably reproduce it first, which is why they need as many logs as they can get.

At the same time, all the crashing videos I've seen look similar, so they should have a ton of info already.

When the FW fix comes out, I bet there will be no mention of the crash.  Just something to the effect of improved stability.
2022-10-30
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

Exactly - with that title and that thumbnail - and most of the video not related to that.
2022-10-30
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

A1C Posted at 10-30 08:19
I wasn't mentioning it as new news.  I was adding another data point to the whole crashing conversation.

99% of the time, YouTubers with sponsorship deals that get paid from companies shy away from controversies and try not to muddy the water and bite the hand that feeds them.  I thought it was interesting that he was willing to do so.

2022-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules