Mini 3 Pro Recalibration Fails at 85%
4193 10 2022-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DT_Lindner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92215 ft
United States

I purchased the Mini 3 Pro at launch and when I turn on my Mini 3 Pro the gimbal shakes and then centers facing 20 degrees to the right and the horizon isn’t level.  I can’t fly the drone because the controls are calibrated to the gimbal, which is like flying drunk.  I see a “Gimbal Overload” error message on my RC remote.  I have tried automatic calibration but it fails at 85%.  I have tried manual calibration and it doesn’t seem to improve regardless of the changes I make.  I have the latest firmware update.  Is this possible to fix?
2022-10-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds liek you need to get in touch with support@dji.com
2022-10-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DT_Lindner. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know before having this issue, was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to your DJI Mini 3 Pro before? Kindly please double check the gimbal of your DJI Mini 3 Pro if there are debris stuck in the gimbal? If yes, kindly please remove it and restart the DJI Mini 3 Pro then perform the gimbal calibration and check if the issue persists. If you still experience the said issue, it would be best to contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket at ( https://www.dji.com/support ) for us to be able to assist you further on this matter. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-10-26
Use props
Coleman
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I see a “Gimbal Overload” error message on my RC remote.  I have tried automatic calibration but it fails at 85%.   I have the latest firmware update.  HELP!
2023-2-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Coleman Posted at 2-1 13:47
I see a “Gimbal Overload” error message on my RC remote.  I have tried automatic calibration but it fails at 85%.   I have the latest firmware update.  HELP!

I suspect that this may be a 2nd hand unit as i do not see it under your profile, it may have taken a knock/crash.

If not, and it is actually new, have you removed the black transport foam from the back of the camera?
2023-2-1
Use props
Coleman
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 2-1 19:53
I suspect that this may be a 2nd hand unit as i do not see it under your profile, it may have taken a knock/crash.

If not, and it is actually new, have you removed the black transport foam from the back of the camera?

It is new, didn't put in my profile yet.  Yes, I removed the foam and I have flown it successfully a few times without the gimbal error
2023-2-2
Use props
Coleman
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Coleman Posted at 2-1 13:47
I see a “Gimbal Overload” error message on my RC remote.  I have tried automatic calibration but it fails at 85%.   I have the latest firmware update.  HELP!

Any ideas about this?   Do I send to dji to get it repaired?
2023-2-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Coleman Posted at 2-2 18:40
Any ideas about this?   Do I send to dji to get it repaired?

If thats the case then yeah, open a ticket with support.
2023-2-2
Use props
Coleman
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

help!  What do I do when my gimble says it is over loaded
2023-2-4
Use props
WVMontani
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-10-26 20:33
Hello there DT_Lindner. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know before having this issue, was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to your DJI Mini 3 Pro before? Kindly please double check the gimbal of your DJI Mini 3 Pro if there are debris stuck in the gimbal? If yes, kindly please remove it and restart the DJI Mini 3 Pro then perform the gimbal calibration and check if the issue persists. If you still experience the said issue, it would be best to contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket at ( https://www.dji.com/support ) for us to be able to assist you further on this matter. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

Mine had a hard crash and now my gimbal won't go up or down. I tried recalibrating it but it stops at 85% then soon says calibration failed. If I try manual calibration, the + and - buttons do nothing.

When turn the aircraft on, the gimbal goes through a bunch of startup motions so the motors seem to be working. But when it comes to a rest, the camera is pointing a little towards the right.

There no debris in the gimbal mechanism that I can find.
2023-7-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WVMontani Posted at 7-19 09:55
Mine had a hard crash and now my gimbal won't go up or down. I tried recalibrating it but it stops at 85% then soon says calibration failed. If I try manual calibration, the + and - buttons do nothing.

When turn the aircraft on, the gimbal goes through a bunch of startup motions so the motors seem to be working. But when it comes to a rest, the camera is pointing a little towards the right.

Hi there. Sorry about what happened to your drone. Since the drone experienced a crash we highly suggest sending the drone for repair to avoid further damage. You can submit a repair ticket from our support page (please click this link).  You can also get assistance with our live support from the same page. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules