Crash in Water
618 3 2022-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MossyJ
New
United Kingdom

Hello All

Im hoping people can help point me in the right direction.

I had the unfortunate event of crashing my drone, it hit a branch that I didnt see, then tumbled into the water.

I managed to get it out the water, used a hair dryer on a warm/cool setting to dry it out, kept ontop of a dehumidifier for a few days, prior to turning it back on.

I then noticed that the gimbal appears to get stuck, although moves freely when turned off, so wondered if there may be an issue with a motor. The camera seems to function ok, able to record and video.

I dont seem to be able to take off.... there is no obvious damage to the dorne itself. I get an ESC Error on the drone.

I recently used a drying cupboard on a low heat for 6 hours to help with any residual water/ condensation, but feel not sure it was needed, but couldnt do any harm.

I have reinstalled the firmware onto the drone and attempting to recalibrate the drone. I have noticed that the drone appears to get stuck when auto-calibrating the gimbal, so may be an issue there.

Any help, advice, repair costs estimates would be appreciated.
2022-10-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MossyJ. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Drone and for giving out these information. Since there was a crash that happened before and now you are having this issue with the DJI Drone. It would be best to send in the unit for proper assessment. Kindly please find this DJI link ( https://dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ) helpful in contacting our DJI Support Team for further assistance. DJI will perform a data analysis service for products under warranty to determine the cause of the incident and provide the proper resolution. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-10-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Telling us what model of drone and its age might be of some use. If the ESC overheated then it most likely need to be replaced which probably means that the board it sits on will have to be replaced. With regards to the gimbal, about all you can do is judge how freely the various parts of the gimbal move, whether there are any undue gaps at each pivot point, check EACH pivot point very carefully for debris and perhaps vacuum each pivot point.

If the drone is new and under warranty and warranty is something you want to keep then, I think, the ESC on its own will require sending the drone in for repair. If you add to that the fact that it has been submerged and the gimbal problems your best bet, long term, is to send it in for repair.
Was it fresh water or salt water?  If salt water then that enhances the 'danger' and need to send it in.
Did the battery survive?
DJI 'repair' prices seem reasonable and it is unlikely that you will get your original drone back so remove the mSD card, they seem to send out either a new drone or a refurbished drone that should be as good as new. Check if the props should be left on a returned for repair drone. If not and you remove them and if the drone is one of the Minis, KEEP the props in their original pairs, they are likely to be weight matched ... for balance.
I would check with DJI if the battery would be replaced under such a repair. It may be considered as separate, if so check the price of batteries elsewhere.
2022-10-27
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

You should send it in to DJI for service.
2022-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules