Photogrammetric camera calibration / DJI mini 2
6087 5 2022-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sphagnum
lvl.1
Japan

I am trying to use images taken with a DJI mini 2 to create an orthomosaic in ArcGIS Pro. The Ortho Mapping workflow in ArcGIS requires camera parameters for the photogrammetric correction. I have found a post with such parameters for the Mavic 2 Pro in the DJI Forum (https://forum.dji.com/thread-206289-1-1.html). I'd be grateful if someone could share the respective camera parameters for the DJI mini 2.

The parameters required by the Ortho Mapping workflow in ArcGIS Pro are:

Camera Maker (here, 'DJI' was pre-selected after loading images taken with the DJI mini 2)

Camera Model ('FC7303' is shown in this field, but I haven't been able to confirm whether this is the correct number for the DJI mini 2)

Focal length (mm) ('4.49' is shown, but I haven't been able to confirm whether this is the correct value for the DJI mini 2)

Pixel Size on the Sensor (in mm)  ('0.00176509' is shown, but I haven't been able to confirm whether this is the correct value for the DJI mini 2)

Columns ('4000' is shown, but I haven't been able to confirm whether this is the correct value for the DJI mini 2)

Rows ('2250' is shown, but I haven't been able to confirm whether this is the correct value for the DJI mini 2)

Principal Point X0 (mm) Y0 (mm) (both fields are empty)

Radial Coefficients K1  K2  K3 (all three fields are empty)

Tangential Coefficients P1  P2 (both fields are empty)

There is also a field called 'Camera File' with a button next to it that opens a window to locate a file on the local hard drive, suggesting that there may be files available that contain the set of camera parameters listed above. The information concerning possible file formats lists CAM, CSV and TXT as options.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2022-10-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

You might be better off posting in the products section of this forum. That is way more active!
https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html
2022-10-28
Use props
Sphagnum
lvl.1
Japan

Montfrooij Posted at 10-28 12:40
Hi,

You might be better off posting in the products section of this forum. That is way more active!

Thanks for the suggestion. It took me a while to figure out that the DJI mini 2 is a subcategory of 'Mavic', but I've now posted the questions there.
2022-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sphagnum Posted at 10-29 18:52
Thanks for the suggestion. It took me a while to figure out that the DJI mini 2 is a subcategory of 'Mavic', but I've now posted the questions there.

You're welcome!
2022-10-30
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

Nice one   !
2022-10-30
Use props
MNH-MELAKA
New

Malaysia