Unbinding Drone
12Next >
46164 77 2022-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KevinLegge
lvl.1
Italy

My friend bound his email account instead of mine while he was teaching me. How do I unbind his email to update with mine?
2022-10-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. You may enter into DJI FLY APP- Profile- Settings- Account Binding - Remove account.
2022-10-27
Use props
KevinLegge
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-27 03:04
Hello, there. You may enter into DJI FLY APP- Profile- Settings- Account Binding - Remove account.

Doesn't work as it doesn't give me the option to remove account. Must it be done while connected to my friend's phone/account?
2022-10-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

KevinLegge Posted at 10-27 05:13
Doesn't work as it doesn't give me the option to remove account. Must it be done while connected to my friend's phone/account?

Hi, Kevin. Thanks for the update. It's necessary to use the same account that has been bound to the remote controller in order to remove the account. Please contact your friend and rely on the instruction that has been mentioned above. Kindly keep us posted if needed.
2022-10-27
Use props
djiuser_u4h49PqnwSk0
lvl.2

United States

Started own post

The following message was meant to be a new post and I did not know I was replying to someone's post so I started my own post with this message Thanks.Hello I work for Boeing in Everett, Washington, U.S.A. I am a member to Boeings employee Drone Club.  I own a DJI Mavic Air 2. It's an amazing product, I love it and have never had any problems with it. When I learned that the Remote controller was compatible with the DJI Air 2S I did not think twice when I found an add on Craigslist for a DJI Air 2S Drone only for sale. I immediately purchased it and when I got it home I powered it up and yes, the controller does work with it but during this process it told me, "Connected device not bound to aircraft. You may continue flying with the connected device 5 times. Connect to your bound device: Remote Controller (SN: 3GDCJ*****WKGV) to continue or perform the following steps" The 2 options it gave me were, "CHANGE BOUND DEVICE or UNBIND DEVICE"
I tried both options only to get another screen that informed me that unbinding this device DJI Care Flyaway Coverage would be unavailable. I clicked next and the next screen said, " Aircraft bound to another account. Change account and try again. (-53268) "
I live in a restricted zone, so I did not fly it. I turned it off and tried to figure this out by reading on the internet. I turned it on again to update and after it restarted itself it now say I only get 2 more flights. I have uploaded screenshots of the screens.
Also, there is a problem with the Upward Vision Sensor (Code:180043) (Code: 180044) It says to contact support. I will do that after I get this Bound Device problem fixed first.
Before purchasing the DJI Air 2S I had not flown my Mavic Air 2S for many months because of Covid epidemic. When I was flying it there was nothing binding to an account, and I never heard of Care flyaway coverage. This must be recent policy or procedure now Hugh? I read up about it and see other complaints here with other people having problems with devices bound to other accounts. What is going to happen after I take my 2 flights that are left? Will I be stuck with a dead Drone? That will not work.
I contacted the guy I purchased it from and asked if he could unbind the drone from his account and he said it was not his account and he has no way of contacting the person who owned the account. I told him I wanted a refund and he said he spent the money and cannot give me a refund. I have contacted him many more times explaining my dissatisfaction and demanded he give me a refund, or I would give him a knuckle sandwich. He turned his phone off now. I don't know what to do now. I am holding off flying it because it says I still have 2 flights, but I am terrified of what is going to happen after. Like I said I work for Boeing and my wife works for Microsoft in Redmond Washington and we would like to be able to continue to say good things about DJI and its products and I hope you can help me. Thanks
2022-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_u4h49PqnwSk0 Posted at 10-31 02:16
[view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image]
Hello I work for Boeing in Everett, Washington, U.S.A. I am a member to Boeings employee Drone Club.  I own a DJI Mavic Air 2. It's an amazing product, I love it and have never had any problems with it. When I learned that the Remote controller was compatible with the DJI Air 2S I did not think twice when I found an add on Craigslist for a DJI Air 2S Drone only for sale. I immediately purchased it and when I got it home I powered it up and yes, the controller does work with it but during this process it told me, "Connected device not bound to aircraft. You may continue flying with the connected device 5 times. Connect to your bound device: Remote Controller (SN: 3GDCJ*****WKGV) to continue or perform the following steps" The 2 options it gave me were, "CHANGE BOUND DEVICE or UNBIND DEVICE"
I tried both options only to get another screen that informed me that unbinding this device DJI Care Flyaway Coverage would be unavailable. I clicked next and the next screen said, " Aircraft bound to another account. Change account and try again. (-53268) "

Hi there, binding an aircraft with an account means the account has ownership of the aircraft. Only bound account can apply for DJI Care flyaway coverage. To unbind the account, it is required to associate an account and log in with the DJI Fly app. Go to “Profile” - “Device Management” to unbind or change the account. It's needed to contact the original owner to unbind the device from his account. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2022-10-31
Use props
KevinLegge
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Diana Posted at 10-27 10:53
Hi, Kevin. Thanks for the update. It's necessary to use the same account that has been bound to the remote controller in order to remove the account. Please contact your friend and rely on the instruction that has been mentioned above. Kindly keep us posted if needed.

Got it! Done it! Thanks bunches
2022-11-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

KevinLegge Posted at 11-14 08:50
Got it! Done it! Thanks bunches

You're most welcome, Kevin. Should you need to contact us for any reason, please know that we are always here to help. Thank you again for your patience.
2022-11-14
Use props
djiuser_O8axXcPGmSmi
New

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2022-10-31 03:35
Hi there, binding an aircraft with an account means the account has ownership of the aircraft. Only bound account can apply for DJI Care flyaway coverage. To unbind the account, it is required to associate an account and log in with the DJI Fly app. Go to “Profile” - “Device Management” to unbind or change the account. It's needed to contact the original owner to unbind the device from his account. Thanks for your understanding and support.

I purchased my drone second hand. How can I unbind the drone from the previous account if I don't know the previous owner?
2023-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_O8axXcPGmSmi Posted at 3-14 10:45
I purchased my drone second hand. How can I unbind the drone from the previous account if I don't know the previous owner?

Hi there, you may contact the seller to see if the seller can help you contact the previous owner. If still not helps, you can contact our support team through the link below for further assistance. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-3-14
Use props
djiuser_VPNS1A2eKcly
New
Switzerland

ive just done this removed the old iron I had since the one bound was the damaged one and the new one works now. thank you so much for your help
2023-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_VPNS1A2eKcly Posted at 3-15 08:51
ive just done this removed the old iron I had since the one bound was the damaged one and the new one works now. thank you so much for your help

Hi there, thanks for sharing your feedback. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.
2023-3-15
Use props
djiuser_HunhMQoHzaEa
New

United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2022-10-27 10:53
Hi, Kevin. Thanks for the update. It's necessary to use the same account that has been bound to the remote controller in order to remove the account. Please contact your friend and rely on the instruction that has been mentioned above. Kindly keep us posted if needed.
But I bought two of my DJI drones a mini and a pro platinum secondhand and have no way of getting in touch with the people who originally owned these drones and have them bound to their accounts, So what can I do? The mini is on the fly app and the pro is on the go app
2023-3-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_HunhMQoHzaEa Posted at 3-26 07:31
But I bought two of my DJI drones a mini and a pro platinum secondhand and have no way of getting in touch with the people who originally owned these drones and have them bound to their accounts, So what can I do? The mini is on the fly app and the pro is on the go app

Hi. Thank you for your bringing up this query. Mavic Pro Platinum does not have to bind to an account to fly, you can fly the drone with your account directly when connecting the drone, controller, and DJI GO 4 app. To clarify, is this a Mavic Mini device? If yes, the DJI Fly Device Management function mainly serves DJI Care for Flyaway Coverage. As of DJI Fly v1.5.4, among the models supported by DJI Fly, Mavic Mini does not support the DJI Care for Flyaway Coverage and cannot bind with an account. Thank you.
2023-3-26
Use props
fans40c3d707
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1607267 ft
Spain

I am going to sell one of my drones.  Mini 2
Do I need to physically connect to it to unbind from my phone ?
I was thinking if possible not to unbind it until buyer gets drone, this maybe elsewhere in Europe.
Just as a safety feature in case package gets lost in transit.

Thanks
2023-3-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans40c3d707 Posted at 3-27 03:18
I am going to sell one of my drones.  Mini 2
Do I need to physically connect to it to unbind from my phone ?
I was thinking if possible not to unbind it until buyer gets drone, this maybe elsewhere in Europe.

Hello, there. You can unbind the account from the device remotely. Please log into the DJI FLY APP with the bound account and unbind it on your phone.
2023-3-28
Use props
Djimavedick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello, sorry to tag am old post. I'm new here and I'm thinking of getting an Air 2S second hand for very good price which has never been used. When I went to collect the drone, I found out that it was already bound to another account which the couple is not aware of. They tried calling up their son and his cousins to enquire to unbind the account but no success. I want to get the drone because it's in a pristine condition with all accessories brand new. It's not had the care subscription but just the aircraft and remote bound to someone's account. How can I remedy this if I am to get the drone and if they fail to find the person, can I just use it without a problem in the future? I like the drone, but I don't want it as a paper weight at the same time.
2023-3-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Djimavedick Posted at 3-31 19:43
Hello, sorry to tag am old post. I'm new here and I'm thinking of getting an Air 2S second hand for very good price which has never been used. When I went to collect the drone, I found out that it was already bound to another account which the couple is not aware of. They tried calling up their son and his cousins to enquire to unbind the account but no success. I want to get the drone because it's in a pristine condition with all accessories brand new. It's not had the care subscription but just the aircraft and remote bound to someone's account. How can I remedy this if I am to get the drone and if they fail to find the person, can I just use it without a problem in the future? I like the drone, but I don't want it as a paper weight at the same time.

Hi there, I replied to your post, please check it out. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.
2023-3-31
Use props
djiuser_si2i5F4ElXZL
New
Flight distance : 243054 ft
Poland

DJI Susan Posted at 3-31 22:39
Hi there, I replied to your post, please check it out. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Hi, I bought DJI mavic mini 2 secondhand and have no contact with the person who originally owned the drone and have it bound to his account So what can I do?
2023-4-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_si2i5F4ElXZL Posted at 4-2 05:50
Hi, I bought DJI mavic mini 2 secondhand and have no contact with the person who originally owned the drone and have it bound to his account So what can I do?

If you can't contact the original owner, you can contact our support team for further help. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-4-2
Use props
Skunk587
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2022-10-27 03:04

Did you ever find a solution to UNBIND your drone ? I have the same problem. Pulling up the same  crap messages about 5 more attempts.
2023-4-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Skunk587 Posted at 4-6 19:40
Did you ever find a solution to UNBIND your drone ? I have the same problem. Pulling up the same  crap messages about 5 more attempts.

Hi there, may I ask about the model of your drone? Please note that it is needed to perform unbinding via the associate account. If your drone is purchased secondhand, we recommend that you contact the original owner or seller for assistance in unbundling.
2023-4-7
Use props
Daniel Scarlat
lvl.1

Romania

hi! i have a mini 3 with RC controller
drone has been taken from a friend but is associated with his account
he tried to remove from account but instead managed to delete his acoount and now can't unbind
when i tried to login with old acoount from RC i receive message Account deleting
What i can do to unbind ?
2023-4-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Daniel Scarlat Posted at 4-17 13:34
hi! i have a mini 3 with RC controller
drone has been taken from a friend but is associated with his account
he tried to remove from account but instead managed to delete his acoount and now can't unbind

Hello, there. We are sorry that your friend has requested account cancellation. Then. you have to wait until the cancellation is completed. The cancellation will be completed within 3 weeks since users submit the deletion request. After that, the account information will be removed and you can bind your account to the aircraft.  
2023-4-17
Use props
djiuser_cMU8Lo57leKq
New
Flight distance : 289859 ft

United Kingdom

Hi there, binding an aircraft with an account means the account has ownership of the aircraft. Only bound account can apply for DJI Care flyaway coverage. To unbind the account, it is required to associate an account and log in with the DJI Fly app. Go to “Profile” - “Device Management” to unbind or change the account. It's needed to contact the original owner to unbind the device from his account. Thanks for your understanding and support.
Hi, thank you for detailed explanation. I have the same issue. Does the previous owner need physically to connect to the controller in order unbind his account or he can do it remotely from different location, and just to unbind it from the DJI app?

Thank you.
2023-4-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_cMU8Lo57leKq Posted at 4-19 14:07
Hi, thank you for detailed explanation. I have the same issue. Does the previous owner need physically to connect to the controller in order unbind his account or he can do it remotely from different location, and just to unbind it from the DJI app?

Thank you.

Hi there, the previous owner has no need to connect to the controller. But it is required to log in to the associate account in the DJI Fly app for unbinding.
2023-4-19
Use props
djiuser_AGE4cMtEJOji
New
Flight distance : 50554 ft

United States

New user - not sure if this is the right place for this request. I bought a Mini 2 secondhand and the drone is bound to the previous owner's account. He sold it because he is not able to install the Fly app on his new phone, his old phone was damaged and cannot use the app on the old phone. How can we unbind from his account and allow me to bind to mine?
2023-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_AGE4cMtEJOji Posted at 4-22 18:19
New user - not sure if this is the right place for this request. I bought a Mini 2 secondhand and the drone is bound to the previous owner's account. He sold it because he is not able to install the Fly app on his new phone, his old phone was damaged and cannot use the app on the old phone. How can we unbind from his account and allow me to bind to mine?

Hi there, we sent you a PM regarding this issue, you can take a look.
2023-4-22
Use props
djiuser_TSsK8FVCTxNM
New
Flight distance : 5528 ft

United States

Hello

I recently purchased a second hand mini 3 pro. It appears to be bound to the previous owners account I cannot get in touch with him and would like to get this resolved.

How do I bind this drone to my account?  

Thanks
2023-5-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_TSsK8FVCTxNM Posted at 5-2 17:26
Hello

I recently purchased a second hand mini 3 pro. It appears to be bound to the previous owners account I cannot get in touch with him and would like to get this resolved.

Hi, there. May we know if you contacted your reseller already? If not, we suggest you forward this problem to the reseller as well.
Hope this helps.
2023-5-3
Use props
djiuser_TSsK8FVCTxNM
New
Flight distance : 5528 ft

United States

Hi Natalia.

I have no way of contacting them at this point. Is there some way you can contact the account owner?  

Thanks
2023-5-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_TSsK8FVCTxNM Posted at 5-3 04:12
Hi Natalia.

I have no way of contacting them at this point. Is there some way you can contact the account owner?  

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. You may send an email to our email support and let our supports help you. Email address: support@dji.com
2023-5-4
Use props
Daniel Scarlat
lvl.1

Romania

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-17 20:42
Hello, there. We are sorry that your friend has requested account cancellation. Then. you have to wait until the cancellation is completed. The cancellation will be completed within 3 weeks since users submit the deletion request. After that, the account information will be removed and you can bind your account to the aircraft.

Hi! Account was succesfully deleted and drone in unbinded. Thanks!
2023-5-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Daniel Scarlat Posted at 5-7 23:58
Hi! Account was succesfully deleted and drone in unbinded. Thanks!

Thanks for the update. Glad to know about this. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.
2023-5-8
Use props
djiuser_CO7ABOsMpTsG
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-8 00:33
Thanks for the update. Glad to know about this. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.

I have purchased 2nd hand DJI mini 3 pro (auction site). I cant contact previous owner. DJI service has been no help. Are there any other avenues?
2023-5-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_CO7ABOsMpTsG Posted at 5-12 16:17
I have purchased 2nd hand DJI mini 3 pro (auction site). I cant contact previous owner. DJI service has been no help. Are there any other avenues?

I am deeply sorry for your situation. I noticed that our support sent an email to the original owner for removing the device from his account so you can use the drone. We are waiting for the confirmation, we will keep you updated once we receive a reply. Hope for your kind understanding.
2023-5-12
Use props
DaveteaUK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8852 ft
United Kingdom

Hi there, binding an aircraft with an account means the account has ownership of the aircraft. Only bound account can apply for DJI Care flyaway coverage. To unbind the account, it is required to associate an account and log in with the DJI Fly app. Go to “Profile” - “Device Management” to unbind or change the account. It's needed to contact the original owner to unbind the device from his account. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Yes, but I've now sold that drone and don't have it to connect and unbind! How do I do it remotely, as it seems there's nowhere on the site to do it!!
2023-5-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

DaveteaUK Posted at 5-23 08:59
Yes, but I've now sold that drone and don't have it to connect and unbind! How do I do it remotely, as it seems there's nowhere on the site to do it!!

Hello, there. You can do it remotely.
Please log into the bound account on DJI FLY APP
And then follow this path
DJI FLY APP- Profile- Settings- Device management- choose the device you want to unbind - Remove account.
2023-5-23
Use props
djiuser_Z2og5ENIfhZN
lvl.1

United States

You mentioned not once but twice that you work for Boeing and your wife works for Microsoft, how does this information relate to the issue you have? What if you worked at McDonald's? Would you still mention your work place? Or what if dji did not answer your question and after the last 2 flights was over and you could no longer fly your drone, that would mean that you could nolonger continue to say good things about dji! But you made sure to to provide information about you work for Boeing and wife works for Microsoft! Do you think dji cares where you work? Sorry, I'm just trying put this together and understand how your work places relates to dji or your issue with their product or maybe you thought you would get a useful response from dji because one of their customers work at Boeing and his wife works for Microsoft and they could not let you stop saying good things about dji only because of your places of employment! I still don't get it......
2023-5-29
Use props
msh_eila
New
Flight distance : 5400 ft

Denmark

I bought a DJI Mini 3 Pro drone second hand, and the previous owner has remotely unbound his account from the controller successfully. However, I still see it bounded. How long time does it normally take to update the information?
2023-6-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules