Unbinding Drone
46364 77 2022-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Wanda
Administrator

msh_eila Posted at 6-4 12:28
I bought a DJI Mini 3 Pro drone second hand, and the previous owner has remotely unbound his account from the controller successfully. However, I still see it bounded. How long time does it normally take to update the information?

Hello, there. We have replied to you here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 300&pid=3060138
Please check.
2023-6-5
Use props
djiuser_G7Lzgqt3TYSl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 942631 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2022-10-31 03:35
Hi there, binding an aircraft with an account means the account has ownership of the aircraft. Only bound account can apply for DJI Care flyaway coverage. To unbind the account, it is required to associate an account and log in with the DJI Fly app. Go to “Profile” - “Device Management” to unbind or change the account. It's needed to contact the original owner to unbind the device from his account. Thanks for your understanding and support.
Hello, I read your answer and I found it interesting and I was wondering if you could answer this one: I am in the same situation with an avatar but in this case I have the googles with the SN that appears to be bound to the aircraft but they are broken (actually have the original controller, battery ect..) ,once I send the googles to fix with DJI repair service Will I be able to fly the aircraft even if I don't have the original account? Thanks
IMG_9586.jpeg
2023-7-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_G7Lzgqt3TYSl Posted at 7-4 06:42
Hello, I read your answer and I found it interesting and I was wondering if you could answer this one: I am in the same situation with an avatar but in this case I have the googles with the SN that appears to be bound to the aircraft but they are broken (actually have the original controller, battery ect..) ,once I send the googles to fix with DJI repair service Will I be able to fly the aircraft even if I don't have the original account? Thanks

Hello, there, Sorry for the late response. May we know if you mean whether the aircraft can be taken off after you send the bound Goggles for repair? The aircraft fails to take off when it is not connected to Goggles.
2023-7-4
Use props
djiuser_G7Lzgqt3TYSl
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 7-4 22:32
Hello, there, Sorry for the late response. May we know if you mean whether the aircraft can be taken off after you send the bound Goggles for repair? The aircraft fails to take off when it is not connected to Goggles.
Exactly, I tried to fly it with other glasses but I get a message saying that I can only use it with the corresponding googles that are the ones that are broken. My question is once I get the original googles fixed will the drone be able to fly again even if I don’t have access to the original account ?
2023-7-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_G7Lzgqt3TYSl Posted at 7-5 03:37
Exactly, I tried to fly it with other glasses but I get a message saying that I can only use it with the corresponding googles that are the ones that are broken. My question is once I get the original googles fixed will the drone be able to fly again even if I don’t have access to the original account ?

Hi there, if you want to fly the Avata with other Goggles, you can connect the goggles to the mobile phone, change the bound device, bind a new device, or unbind the bound device in DJI Fly.
2023-7-6
Use props
djiuser_G7Lzgqt3TYSl
lvl.1
Cuba

the googles bind do not turn on! , I am going to send them for repair. I don't have access to the original account I tried everything to recover it and I can't. I just want to know if once the googles with the bind SN are fixed I will be able to fly with a completely new account without having to use the old account that I lost?
2023-7-6
Use props
djiuser_G7Lzgqt3TYSl
lvl.1
Cuba

djiuser_G7Lzgqt3TYSl Posted at 7-6 13:56
the googles bind do not turn on! , I am going to send them for repair. I don't have access to the original account I tried everything to recover it and I can't. I just want to know if once the googles with the bind SN are fixed I will be able to fly with a completely new account without having to use the old account that I lost?

Could any Dji member answer my question please?
2023-7-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_G7Lzgqt3TYSl Posted at 7-12 06:47
Could any Dji member answer my question please?

Hi! We apologize for the delay in response. You must unbind the old account first before using the new one. Since you don't have access to the old account, please get in touch with https://www.dji.com/support for more help. Thank you!
2023-7-12
Use props
Jack123
New

Netherlands

Hi DJI, I bought a secondhand mini 2, but the previous owner cannot unbind remotely. I've even received his credentials so that I can login using his account while connected to the drone, but still I'm not able to unbind the drone. Please help. Thank you!
2023-7-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jack123 Posted at 7-25 06:14
Hi DJI, I bought a secondhand mini 2, but the previous owner cannot unbind remotely. I've even received his credentials so that I can login using his account while connected to the drone, but still I'm not able to unbind the drone. Please help. Thank you!

Hi there, may I ask if there is any error message when trying to unbind the drone from the account?
2023-7-25
Use props
Jack123
New

Netherlands

No. it just states 'already bound to another account', while above this message it states that the device is bound to the emailadress of the previous owner, with which credentials I logged in.
2023-7-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Jack123 Posted at 7-25 07:40
No. it just states 'already bound to another account', while above this message it states that the device is bound to the emailadress of the previous owner, with which credentials I logged in.

Hi Jack, in order to better to identify this issue, would you please provide us with a screen recording of the process for our further confirmation? Thanks.
2023-7-26
Use props
Jack123
New

Netherlands

This is the screen that I get, while being logged in under that same geral...@hotmail.com account.
Screenshot_20230725_131238.jpg
2023-7-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jack123 Posted at 7-26 03:47
This is the screen that I get, while being logged in under that same geral...@hotmail.com account.

Hi there, thanks for the screenshot provided. For this situation, please try to contact with the seller to see if he could unbind on his side or not. You could refer the following path and inform the seller to try so. (Path: Profile>Device Management>Account and Device>Remove device from account)
If still could not unbind, you could e-mail to support@dji.com for further assistance, our agent will follow accordingly. Thanks.
e132eb20-834c-4d13-80ae-d0f6ab21a080jpeg.jpeg
2023-7-26
Use props
Jack123
New

Netherlands

That didn't work, I've contacted the support email. Thanks!
2023-7-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jack123 Posted at 7-27 13:15
That didn't work, I've contacted the support email. Thanks!

No problems, if you have other questions, please feel free to contact.
2023-7-27
Use props
djiuser_i3pivhub6Gpa
New

Indonesia

I bought a used mini 3 pro and I can't fly with the DJI RC remote because it didn't unbind with the previous owner's account. could you please do the unbind process? I currently have work for drone flight . thanks
2023-8-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_i3pivhub6Gpa Posted at 8-24 04:26
I bought a used mini 3 pro and I can't fly with the DJI RC remote because it didn't unbind with the previous owner's account. could you please do the unbind process? I currently have work for drone flight . thanks

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out. Please get in touch with the retailer first and let them contact the previous owner. If that is unsuccessful, please contact https://www.dji.com/support and provide the serial number; we will make an effort to get in touch with the account connected to the drone.
2023-8-24
Use props
djiuser_MynACG6mt6SW
lvl.1

Philippines

Hi I am from the philippines and I bought my 1st drone but its a second hand drone the mini 2 however I was the third owner already my problem is the mini 2 is bound to the 1st owner and I can only contact the 2nd owner the problem is the 2nd owner is not updating me anymore regarding the 1st owners info so we can unbind the aircraft.

its my 1st drone and hoping DJI could do a work around on their system so I can use the drone its been a hell of a week already regarding this issue.
2023-9-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_MynACG6mt6SW Posted at 9-22 01:05
Hi I am from the philippines and I bought my 1st drone but its a second hand drone the mini 2 however I was the third owner already my problem is the mini 2 is bound to the 1st owner and I can only contact the 2nd owner the problem is the 2nd owner is not updating me anymore regarding the 1st owners info so we can unbind the aircraft.

its my 1st drone and hoping DJI could do a work around on their system so I can use the drone its been a hell of a week already regarding this issue.

Hi there, we are sorry for your issue. You may try to send the serial number and your situation to support@dji.com for further assistance. Thank you.
2023-9-22
Use props
eb154
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2022-10-31 03:35
Hi there, binding an aircraft with an account means the account has ownership of the aircraft. Only bound account can apply for DJI Care flyaway coverage. To unbind the account, it is required to associate an account and log in with the DJI Fly app. Go to “Profile” - “Device Management” to unbind or change the account. It's needed to contact the original owner to unbind the device from his account. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Is there no way DJI will help with this problem? Surely if it’s an anti theft thing they’d want to know who had it and maybe check with their customer that it isn’t stolen?
2023-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

eb154 Posted at 9-28 02:21
Is there no way DJI will help with this problem? Surely if it’s an anti theft thing they’d want to know who had it and maybe check with their customer that it isn’t stolen?

In order to protect our customers' legal rights and data privacy security, it is needed to perform unbinding via the associate account. Therefore, we recommend that you contact the original owner or seller for assistance in unbinding. If you can't contact the original owner, you can contact our support team for further help. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-9-28
Use props
djiuser_ldADLo6eOXPB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 274423 ft
United States

Hello,

I have a unique situation in where I found someone’s lost/ crashed drone. This Mini 3 is operational but has a damaged gimbal.

I have watched the footage of the crash, and given the distance from the controller and the crash happening on the other side of a river I could see how the owners possibly abandoned the drone.

Several months ago I reached out to DJI to attempt to get the drone back to its owner, I provided all the info including the serial number and my contact information. So far I have heard nothing from the owner.

My question is “what now”?? I cannot connect to the drone obviously since it’s still paired to the original owners controller. So the drone just sits here collecting dust. Anyone have any advice? I am happy with the drones I personally own, so I don’t need this drone. Would I like to fly it instead of it sitting here? Sure. I’d mostly like to return it to the owner, or to DJI to get the gimbal fixed and unbound so the drone can get back in the air
2023-9-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_ldADLo6eOXPB Posted at 9-29 08:22
Hello,

I have a unique situation in where I found someone’s lost/ crashed drone. This Mini 3 is operational but has a damaged gimbal.

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. It is kind of you trying to find the owner. Yet, we can only reply to you when we receive a reply from the owner. May I have your report reference number? I will check again to see if there is any new update.

Since the drone is bound to the original owner, it has to be unbound by the owner as well, or you may not be able to use the drone.
If you would love to, you can send the drone back to DJI and we will keep the drone. Please click https://www.dji.com/service/repair to start an online repair case. Hope for your kind understanding.
2023-9-29
Use props
djiuser_edqK8p8lUlBk
New

United States

djiuser_u4h49PqnwSk0 Posted at 2022-10-31 02:16
[view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image]
The following message was meant to be a new post and I did not know I was replying to someone's post so I started my own post with this message Thanks.Hello I work for Boeing in Everett, Washington, U.S.A. I am a member to Boeings employee Drone Club.  I own a DJI Mavic Air 2. It's an amazing product, I love it and have never had any problems with it. When I learned that the Remote controller was compatible with the DJI Air 2S I did not think twice when I found an add on Craigslist for a DJI Air 2S Drone only for sale. I immediately purchased it and when I got it home I powered it up and yes, the controller does work with it but during this process it told me, "Connected device not bound to aircraft. You may continue flying with the connected device 5 times. Connect to your bound device: Remote Controller (SN: 3GDCJ*****WKGV) to continue or perform the following steps" The 2 options it gave me were, "CHANGE BOUND DEVICE or UNBIND DEVICE"
I tried both options only to get another screen that informed me that unbinding this device DJI Care Flyaway Coverage would be unavailable. I clicked next and the next screen said, " Aircraft bound to another account. Change account and try again. (-53268) "

I have the same problem bought it from random person and can’t use it wtf
2023-10-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_edqK8p8lUlBk Posted at 10-1 19:38
I have the same problem bought it from random person and can’t use it wtf

Hi there, in order to protect our customers' legal rights and data privacy security, it is needed to perform unbinding via the associate account. Therefore, we recommend that you contact the original owner or seller for assistance in unbinding. If you can't contact the original owner, you can contact our support team for further help.http://www.dji.com/support
2023-10-2
Use props
djiuser_ojJFvfBmjJnW
New

Australia

Hi all, so i lost my remote to a mini 3 pro, brought a new one on market place, im unable to use it as its binded to another acc. What can i do?
2023-10-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_ojJFvfBmjJnW Posted at 10-3 04:10
Hi all, so i lost my remote to a mini 3 pro, brought a new one on market place, im unable to use it as its binded to another acc. What can i do?

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. It is suggested to log in with the former bounded account to unbind first. You could contact with the seller for assistance. Thanks.
2023-10-3
Use props
djiuser_1eq0mUPDK6P3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1059396 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have sold my drone and controller without unbinding them from my account.
Can I unbind them using another phone and the dji app without having the original controller and drone?
2023-11-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_1eq0mUPDK6P3 Posted at 11-24 12:08
I have sold my drone and controller without unbinding them from my account.
Can I unbind them using another phone and the dji app without having the original controller and drone?

Hello, there. Yes, you can. Please log in the bound account and find the device management page to unbind the device.
2023-11-24
Use props
djiuser_1eq0mUPDK6P3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1059396 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-24 17:33
Hello, there. Yes, you can. Please log in the bound account and find the device management page to unbind the device.

Thank you very much
2023-11-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

You are most welcome. Please let us know if you have any questions.
2023-11-25
Use props
Jose Spena
lvl.2
Flight distance : 676079 ft
  • >>>
Panama

Hello, I bought tue rc controller and I am log in my account on the iphone and try to unbing but there is no option. Funny thing app say the drone is bind to my account which I am log in so… anyone dji staff can help…?
image.jpg
IMG_6394.jpeg
2023-12-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Jose Spena Posted at 12-19 06:35
Hello, I bought tue rc controller and I am log in my account on the iphone and try to unbing but there is no option. Funny thing app say the drone is bind to my account which I am log in so… anyone dji staff can help…?

Hi, there. Thank you for bringing this up. Could you please provide us with the serial number of the device via PM so I can further check? Thank you.
2023-12-19
Use props
Van Worden
lvl.1
Belgium

Hi. I just sold my Mini 3 Pro with 2 year DJI Care refresh plan and two controllers - DJI RCN1 and RC RM330
At the time of sale, it was bound to RCN1 controller but the new owner would like to bind it to the other one. In the DJI app I cannot see an option for unbinding the flight controller. In "value-added services" I can see the remote serial number but there is no option for unbinding. When I go to "Account and Device" tab I have an option "Remove Device from Account". Can I do that, so that the new owner can bind it to his account, without losing DJI Care Refresh? Will the new owner still be able to use the DJI Care Refresh?
1-10 07:19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Van Worden Posted at 1-10 07:19
Hi. I just sold my Mini 3 Pro with 2 year DJI Care refresh plan and two controllers - DJI RCN1 and RC RM330
At the time of sale, it was bound to RCN1 controller but the new owner would like to bind it to the other one. In the DJI app I cannot see an option for unbinding the flight controller. In "value-added services" I can see the remote serial number but there is no option for unbinding. When I go to "Account and Device" tab I have an option "Remove Device from Account". Can I do that, so that the new owner can bind it to his account, without losing DJI Care Refresh? Will the new owner still be able to use the DJI Care Refresh?

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Even if you unbind your account, the DJI Care Refresh remains active on the device. If the long-term use of your aircraft changes, it is recommended that you remove the bound account and allow the new user to bind his DJI account to the device. Binding an aircraft to an account means the account has ownership of the aircraft. Only bound accounts can apply for DJI Care flyaway coverage. If the bound account is changed, it means device ownership is transferred to the new account. Please go to "Account and Device" and then choose "Remove Device from Account" to unbind your DJI account on the device. You may refer to this  link for the unbinding instructions. Thank you.
1-10 13:23
Use props
Van Worden
lvl.1
Belgium

Thank you.
1-11 13:37
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

You're welcome. Should you have any DJI-related concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you, and have a great day!
1-11 16:12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules