Hop off the toxic bad focus hype train, people!
1601 20 2022-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tpetran
lvl.2
Croatia

Will we finally get to a conclusion that all cameras are the same? I'm getting tired.

At 30cm focus is awful on every and each one but that is not the case for meaningless tests. One guy tests indoor with low light, one tests on A4 sheet, one on A3, one has rocksteady on, one doesn't, one is in wide, one is in dewarp, one in cinelike, one in normal color,... That is the culprit for different results, not the difference in each camera unit being faulty or not.

Every footage I've seen in a setting this camera is intented for is GREAT.

Every footage I've seen in a setting this camera is NOT intented for is AWFUL.

What would satisfy you people? I made intensive tests with my camera and I could fool you in my unit being faulty and at the same time being the best one you've seen, just by selecting different scenarios. You think there are better ones out there but in reality there aren't. Just different usage cases that excerbates cameras weaknesses or stregnths.

I think that some of the loudest people on here have to finally get the replacement unit to realize that they are all the same. Does that mean all are faulty? Absolutely not. They are all what they are. Action cameras for outdoor great light action shooting. Not for close focus low light test sheets analyzing.

I'm sad that everyone is bashing DJI making a faulty product when in reality all you people need to hop off the bad focus hype train and start to use the camera as it should be used.
2022-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The voice of common sense speaks. Good job you put that really well. And its very clear real shooting with the A3 shows great footage and in particular when you consider such value for money. My belief is many buy the unit for something its not intended for and end up with buyers remorse , bought the wrong product should have waited for pocket 3, go pro 11 has got better reviews on YT etc.

On this forum its like the pied piper has come to town …
2022-10-27
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

One more time and one last time. It doesn't matter what the weather is, A4, A3, jpg, png low high compression, dollar price, pfizer shares.....the back focus is still there regardless of the resulting quality. It's just that the distant background is significantly sharper than the foreground. Who doesn't mind (those who don't even have OA3), I don't know what you are telling us about how and when it should be tested. Show me a single photo or video from OA3 where there is no problem, I haven't seen one anywhere yet, neither here nor on YT, and on YT there are more and more dissatisfied videos..... Sorry, I saw it, but there was a dioptre added
2022-10-27
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don’t think that buyers ‘looked’ for a problem originally. If the close focus snapped a little better when the camera was turned onto people from a selfie stick, even at a distance of two or three feet, using the front screen, I think they would have been happy.
2022-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

StevoB Posted at 10-27 07:41
One more time and one last time. It doesn't matter what the weather is, A4, A3, jpg, png low high compression, dollar price, pfizer shares.....the back focus is still there regardless of the resulting quality. It's just that the distant background is significantly sharper than the foreground. Who doesn't mind (those who don't even have OA3), I don't know what you are telling us about how and when it should be tested. Show me a single photo or video from OA3 where there is no problem, I haven't seen one anywhere yet, neither here nor on YT, and on YT there are more and more dissatisfied videos..... Sorry, I saw it, but there was a dioptre added

Here whats wrong with these from a tiny sensor @ 329€

2022-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

StevoB Posted at 10-27 07:41
One more time and one last time. It doesn't matter what the weather is, A4, A3, jpg, png low high compression, dollar price, pfizer shares.....the back focus is still there regardless of the resulting quality. It's just that the distant background is significantly sharper than the foreground. Who doesn't mind (those who don't even have OA3), I don't know what you are telling us about how and when it should be tested. Show me a single photo or video from OA3 where there is no problem, I haven't seen one anywhere yet, neither here nor on YT, and on YT there are more and more dissatisfied videos..... Sorry, I saw it, but there was a dioptre added

Here’s another one, its a pity you find it so hard to comment on videos that don’t suit your thoughts, it would be a lot easier than spending your time down voting all the time.

2022-10-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

His vid was inspiring and   enjoyed
2022-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Fishycomics Posted at 10-27 09:55
His vid was inspiring and   enjoyed

His video was well taken edited and produced,
2022-10-27
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

We all can make OA3 look great with +2 lens in front of it.

But seriously, most of people here on this forum is actually DJI "fanboys".
When OA3 came out I bought it instantly since I have been waiting for it for more than 2 years now. I still use my OA1 and I love it, and Action 2 was not for me.

And I doesn't think I'm the only one that had big hope for OA3, so we are disapointed that it more blurry than the good old OA1 (that is not the sharpest either, but more than good enough).

So we just want DJI to fix this issue, and it can't be done with firmware that have we already seen in latest update.
2022-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

johansenfoto Posted at 10-27 11:29
We all can make OA3 look great with +2 lens in front of it.

But seriously, most of people here on this forum is actually DJI "fanboys".

But seriously, most of people here on this forum is actually DJI "fanboys".
When OA3 came out I bought it instantly

Sounds like your a big fanboy yourself.
2022-10-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

then we need a  setting, sharpness in not theSemi manual but   the camera itself  2- points build me up for a new camera Please
2022-10-27
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

hallmark007 Posted at 10-27 11:36
But seriously, most of people here on this forum is actually DJI "fanboys".
When OA3 came out I bought it instantly

You didn't get my point did you? I am fanboy myself for a lot of DJI products that you can probably see on my profile here

And I DO love OA3, only hate that out of focus lens.
2022-10-27
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Arpettaz Posted at 10-27 11:53
I did not have a focus issue with my OA3. However I was unhappy with sharpness and thankfully that has been fixed with the firmware update. I think there was also too much preoccupation on the DJI Forum and YT with minimum focal distance. People need to get over this, especially since I don’t think the camera is optimised for vlogging. The clue is in the name - Osmo “Action”.  But it’s also clear some customers had a genuine hardware problem and the camera was out of focus irrespective of distance. So whilst I agree with some of what you say in your post, to be fair I think there are a few customers who had faulty cameras. It happens. I have had to return an early version of the Osmo Mobile and Mavic Mini and Osmo Pocket accessory because they were faulty.

If you check how many complain about OA3, then you should see that it is not only a few people that have focus issues.

But what people also need to think about, some monitors are not sharp (old mac etc.) so the footage will look good on their screens while others of us have new and sharp monitors that show really easy how bad OA3 focus are.
And also there are older people with bad vision that can't see difference between 1080p and 4K here, so
2022-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

johansenfoto Posted at 10-27 12:54
If you check how many complain about OA3, then you should see that it is not only a few people that have focus issues.

But what people also need to think about, some monitors are not sharp (old mac etc.) so the footage will look good on their screens while others of us have new and sharp monitors that show really easy how bad OA3 focus are.

Maybe you can explain why no one posts real world videos filmed and edited or not, but continually post screen grab photos without any settings except a measuring tape and a chart that shows huge differences depending on who posts.
I don’t doubt some are not happy but the impression I get is most are not happy because they think go pro 11 is better , but from the real world videos I have seen filmed and posted the differences are minute . Its an action camera it preforms different than say an osmo pocket and so it should , but I posted an action video and its outstanding you should watch it but on a large TV screen to see just how good this camera can be .
And incidentally it was ignored by all from the prawn sandwich brigade.;+)
2022-10-27
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

hallmark007 Posted at 10-27 13:32
Maybe you can explain why no one posts real world videos filmed and edited or not, but continually post screen grab photos without any settings except a measuring tape and a chart that shows huge differences depending on who posts.
I don’t doubt some are not happy but the impression I get is most are not happy because they think go pro 11 is better , but from the real world videos I have seen filmed and posted the differences are minute . Its an action camera it preforms different than say an osmo pocket and so it should , but I posted an action video and its outstanding you should watch it but on a large TV screen to see just how good this camera can be .

By now you should finally understand that no adjustment settings will move the plane of sharpness.
2022-10-27
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

hallmark007 Posted at 10-27 13:32

I have made many action videos with OA3 and here is one of them. Second camera is gopro 10.

And another one:

2022-10-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

johansenfoto Posted at 10-28 01:17
I have made many action videos with OA3 and here is one of them. Second camera is gopro 10.

Excellent, I believe taken before update. But thank you for posting.
2022-10-28
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

hallmark007 Posted at 10-28 01:46
Excellent, I believe taken before update. But thank you for posting.

Both taken before any updates, and was when I first got it and a day or two after
2022-10-28
Use props
SadFan
lvl.1
United States

Crazy how people want an action camera to be in focus. No one is paying $300+ to get footage that looks like it came from a flip phone's camera.

It's like serving a cheeseburger with no patty, and then telling your customer to add the patty themselves. The fact that DJI is recommending that you only use the OA3 on a tripod is pretty telling.

What I don't get is why there are so many DJI defenders on these forums. Do you guys get paid? Hallmark and fishycomics seem like the #1 fans of the OA3, which is so weird to me. They're literally on every thread defending the OA3 when DJI itself that there's an issue.

I really, really, really wanted to like the OA3, mainly for its battery life. But to not even have a camera that can focus is pretty dumb. I bet you GoPro's team is laughing so hard at how poorly DJI's launch of the OA3 has gone.
2022-10-28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

its not going to happen with some, but for me.   can not complain when the camera does the job, if its not to your liking, get in with DJI and take over the spot and try to fill their shoes, and make the better Action camera, that said happy filming
2022-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules