Confirmed Geo-Unlock request not working...again!
952 5 2022-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Webevision
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5906043 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,

This one is probably for DJI, but I've twice now had a warning I'm flying in a restricted area even though I have an authorised unlock request from DJI to fly within an airport FRZ (along with NATS and ATC approval).

The last time this happened the M3 literally froze in the air,  and even after pressing RTH it wouldn't budge. Fortunately it landed somewhere I could retrieve it and ironically it hadn't actually entered the Geofenced area. That time I got DJI involved and they widen the unlock request which solved the issue, but still very unnerving .

Anyway it happened yesterday in London within City Airport's FRZ. The first time I took off nothing came up, the second time it flashed up 'flying in a restricted zone'. I've dropped a video of the screen record below. Having prior experience I got the thing down smartish as I was over a river.

Here's the screen record  - http://Screen record..

Has anyone else the same issue and if so how have they rectified it? Or am I missing something?

Cheers

Phil

2022-10-27
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Never works for me.. Contact flysafe@dji.com
2022-10-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Phil. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since we are having this issue and for us to be able to assist you with regards to this matter. Kindly please send an email to our DJI FlySafe Department at flysafe@dji.com for us to be able to help you further. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-10-27
Use props
Webevision
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BrianKushner Posted at 10-27 09:57
Never works for me.. Contact

Thanks, will do. I'll report back with the findings.
2022-10-28
Use props
Webevision
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

After several emails, it never really got resolved. I don't think they really fully understood this issue and potential implications. I sent all my flight data etc but no clear issue was found.

So my advice, if you get the same flight restriction warning,  is to land asap else you'll find your bird stuck in air limbo and land at that point, were ever that maybe, crowded street, sea or lake!
2022-11-17
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you pull the flight logs from that flight please and upload them. I want to take a look at what happened.

I do a lot of flights in FRZ/NFZ and not had a single issue with this. We're potentially on the same FW too, so I want to compare things.
2022-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules