3025 14 2022-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The update we've been waiting for!  Here's a quick vid on how to update the firmware on the RC remote, the Air 2S and pair the two together....

2022-10-27
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice Ian, thanks!

Do you know if we already have the RC-N1 then linking/binding the RC affects Care Refresh(+)? Any extra steps needed to unbind RC-N1 then bind the RC?
2022-10-27
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RobZilla Posted at 10-27 13:27
Nice Ian, thanks!

Do you know if we already have the RC-N1 then linking/binding the RC affects Care Refresh(+)? Any extra steps needed to unbind RC-N1 then bind the RC?

Yes, I did see a warning message on CareRefresh at one point, but as I don't have it, it was more just for information.   It's very clear wording about unbinding and binding to new remote for CareRefresh purposes.  
2022-10-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Now we just need the Mini2 supported.......
2022-10-28
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Nice video. Good how to instructions.
2022-10-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to see!
2022-10-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

RobZilla Posted at 10-27 13:27
Nice Ian, thanks!

Hi, RobZilla. Thank you for your inquiry. Binding the aircraft with the remote controller records the linking relationship between the aircraft and the remote controller. If the aircraft is lost due to a flyaway incident, you can request to use DJI Care Flyaway Coverage. Not binding the aircraft with the remote controller will result in being unable to use DJI Care Flyaway Coverage. If you are already using the RC-N1 and would like to use the DJI RC, it should not affect your Care Refresh Plus plan as long as you unbind the RC-N1 first and then bind the DJI RC. To unbind the RC-N1, make sure to log in to the app using your DJI email account and then go to Profile>Device Management>Value-added service>Unbind RC. To bind the DJI RC, ensure that the aircraft and the new RC are linked first. Next, go to Device Management (same option as unbinding) to "Bind New RC." The same steps shall be done whenever you want to change remote controllers. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-10-28
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 10-28 13:09
Hi, RobZilla. Thank you for your inquiry. Binding the aircraft with the remote controller records the linking relationship between the aircraft and the remote controller. If the aircraft is lost due to a flyaway incident, you can request to use DJI Care Flyaway Coverage. Not binding the aircraft with the remote controller will result in being unable to use DJI Care Flyaway Coverage. If you are already using the RC-N1 and would like to use the DJI RC, it should not affect your Care Refresh Plus plan as long as you unbind the RC-N1 first and then bind the DJI RC. To unbind the RC-N1, make sure to log in to the app using your DJI email account and then go to Profile>Device Management>Value-added service>Unbind RC. To bind the DJI RC, ensure that the aircraft and the new RC are linked first. Next, go to Device Management (same option as unbinding) to "Bind New RC." The same steps shall be done whenever you want to change remote controllers. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.

Thanks, I will try these steps with my RC-N1 and new RC.
2022-10-28
Use props
BobVagene
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 10-28 13:09

When i connected the RC to the air2s it asked me if I wanted to change bound device, i said yes. I didn’t unbind the N1, have I done it right?
2022-10-28
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

BobVagene Posted at 10-28 22:02
When i connected the RC to the air2s it asked me if I wanted to change bound device, i said yes. I didn’t unbind the N1, have I done it right?

sorry, after you said "yes" did you get a message that said something like "binding successful" that would lead you to believe it wasn't entirely necessary to unbind elsewhere?
2022-10-29
Use props
BobVagene
lvl.1

Australia

The Saint Posted at 10-29 08:39
sorry, after you said "yes" did you get a message that said something like "binding successful" that would lead you to believe it wasn't entirely necessary to unbind elsewhere?

Not sure, but if i go to device management>value added service it shows the RC serial number and the option to unbind it.
2022-10-29
Use props
BobVagene
lvl.1

Australia

I just linked the N1 to the Air 2s, this is what I see in the care refresh details:

With the RC linked:

Serial shown is the RC serial.

If I select unbind I see this:

I was going to unbind the RC and do it the way suggested by DJI support but it looks like selecting the 'change bound device' option has achieved the same end result.
2022-10-29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

^it would appear so bob, thanks for the update.
2022-10-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

RobZilla Posted at 10-28 15:24
Thanks, I will try these steps with my RC-N1 and new RC.

Hi, RobZilla. You are most welcome. Please do not hesitate to reach us here in Forum in case you need further assistance. Thank you for your support!
2022-10-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BobVagene Posted at 10-29 13:09
I just linked the N1 to the Air 2s, this is what I see in the care refresh details:

[view_image]

Hi, BobVagene. Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, that is another way to bind a new RC.  If you simply want to change the remote controller, connect to the aircraft and connect the new remote controller to your network, and then "Change Bound RC" should show up on the screen.

Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules