DJI Transmission FCC/CE modes
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elettrone78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi, I just received my DJI Transmission Combo kit and I was wondering how do I know when this device is working in FCC or CE mode? I mean I'm in europe right now but I will shooting outside EU were FCC is allowed...
Thanks for any info on the matter you can provide.
2022-10-27
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Hi,
On the box of the equipment it must be written which version you have. In principle if you buy it from an official retailer in Europe you have an EU version.Example, Matrice 300 is written M300(EU) / for the Phantom 4 Multispectral its written P4M(EU/HR)...Iam talking about the box, near the serial number.
Find out about the radio frequencies allowed in the countries you are going to visit before bringing your equipment there. I have already been worried by the authorities with FCC equipment used in Europe.

2022-10-27
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 10-27 23:28
Hi,
On the box of the equipment it must be written which version you have. In principle if you buy it from an official retailer in Europe you have an EU version.Example, Matrice 300 is written M300(EU) / for the Phantom 4 Multispectral its written P4M(EU/HR)...Iam talking about the box, near the serial number.
Find out about the radio frequencies allowed in the countries you are going to visit before bringing your equipment there. I have already been worried by the authorities with FCC equipment used in Europe.

That's not what I asked but thanks anyway.
2022-10-27
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Elettrone78 Posted at 10-27 23:37
That's not what I asked but thanks anyway.

There no official way to change from EU to FCC. On old device it is possible to change the firmware
2022-10-27
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 10-27 23:44
There no official way to change from EU to FCC. On old device it is possible to change the firmware
You are wrong, actually you can. I posted in the wrong section.
Updste the firmware in the country you are working in and it sets the proper country code along with the proper frequencies and output power. So an admin said on the ronin forum. Still there is no visual indication that it is actually working as intended.
2022-10-27
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Ronin users. Yes i have only drone in mind.
2022-10-28
Use props
fans44b5e2eb
New
Flight distance : 12992 ft
Brazil

I have dji mini 3 pro, bought in Brazil.My drone have CE and FCC especification. How to know the real mode? (i am trying to post photo, but its not showing here)
2022-11-6
Use props
djiuser_EkP2IdFi4ml0
New

United States

Has anyone had any progress / success with this, refreshing the firmware in country to enable FCC over CE? I would love to know if there is any visual indication that shows this either on the monitor or transmitter?
2023-2-7
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

djiuser_EkP2IdFi4ml0 Posted at 2-7 17:46
Has anyone had any progress / success with this, refreshing the firmware in country to enable FCC over CE? I would love to know if there is any visual indication that shows this either on the monitor or transmitter?

I used a VPN and it keeps the signal as a CE device couldn't but there is NO visual indication as far as I can see.
2023-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules