.rC visibility better than s29+
1172 5 2022-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_7Ent6swGs1Eg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46289 ft
Australia

Has anyone migrated to the new RC after using s20+ and controller for air2s? Even with turning the phone brightness nearly all way up,  the scene is barely visible. Would the RC be a big step up in sunlight?
2022-10-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We compared the DJI RC with mobile devices on the market. When used outdoors, most mobile devices have a full-screen brightness of close to 600 nits in sunlight, while after the full-screen brightness of the DJI RC is manually adjusted to the highest brightness, the brightness can reach about 700 nits and can be maintained for a long time, allowing you to better view the image transmission or shooting composition when you use it outdoors. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-10-27
Use props
djiuser_7Ent6swGs1Eg
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 10-27 15:43
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We compared the DJI RC with mobile devices on the market. When used outdoors, most mobile devices have a full-screen brightness of close to 600 nits in sunlight, while after the full-screen brightness of the DJI RC is manually adjusted to the highest brightness, the brightness can reach about 700 nits and can be maintained for a long time, allowing you to better view the image transmission or shooting composition when you use it outdoors. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.

Thanks for the info Tony! Because I've had the brightness turned up so far on the phone,  I've got 'burn in' so then having a dedicated controller I can keep a new phones brightness always set at moderate.
2022-10-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

The RC will give you up to 700 Nits whereas your S20+ will give you up to 847 nits as measured on a light meter.  Here is source article.  I have a S21+ and compared it to the RC and both were about the same in the outdoors.  I purchased the RC Pro and it has 1000 Nits and I use it in the bright Florida sunshine and have no problems seeing the display clearly.
2022-10-28
Use props
djiuser_7Ent6swGs1Eg
lvl.1
Australia

Thank you,  that's really helpful. That's what I'm afraid of,  buying the RC and finding that is not much better than the phone.  So now I'll aim for the Rc Pro.
2022-10-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_7Ent6swGs1Eg Posted at 10-27 16:53
Thanks for the info Tony! Because I've had the brightness turned up so far on the phone,  I've got 'burn in' so then having a dedicated controller I can keep a new phones brightness always set at moderate.

You are most welcome. We look forward to you enjoying your DJI products. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2022-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules