12Next >
1791 72 2022-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tottel
lvl.2
Sweden

This is not a complaint thread.

So.. I first bought the Hero11, which I tested our for a couple of days then returned to give Action 3 a go despite all the fuzz about focus issues.
I'm not having any problems at all with my Action 3. I think the image quality is superb & I'm not seeing any focus issues.

This is the one I will be keeping and prefer over the Hero11.

The battery life is next level in comparison and the colors are way more natual and eye-pleasing. Not to mention the mounting-system.

Love it!
2022-10-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Tottel. Good day and thank you for the positive feedback that you have given for the DJI Osmo Action 3. Again, thank you for your valued support and keep filming.
2022-10-27
Use props
Tottel
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-27 21:19
Hello there Tottel. Good day and thank you for the positive feedback that you have given for the DJI Osmo Action 3. Again, thank you for your valued support and keep filming.

Mostly it’s just people with problems who come to the forums, so I thought I’d spread some happy customer love as well
2022-10-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Tottel Posted at 10-27 21:30
Mostly it’s just people with problems who come to the forums, so I thought I’d spread some happy customer love as well

Hi there Tottel. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information that you have given. Have a safe and a happy filming always. .
2022-10-27
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

Congrats , hope you enjoy with your new cam.

Could you please show us some vids ? And i can't see OA3 under your profile pic yet. Not registered ?

Best.
2022-10-27
Use props
Tottel
lvl.2
Sweden

TNQ Posted at 10-27 22:52
Congrats , hope you enjoy with your new cam.

Could you please show us some vids ? And i can't see OA3 under your profile pic yet. Not registered ?

I've been trying to figure out how to get it to show up, with no avail..
I can provide some footage after the weekend. Very busy this weekend.
2022-10-27
Use props
Zeno22
lvl.2
Switzerland

Tottel Posted at 10-27 23:54
I've been trying to figure out how to get it to show up, with no avail..
I can provide some footage after the weekend. Very busy this weekend.

We are all happy to see some good footage...!
2022-10-28
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

It's mostly people that have MADE videos and talk about gear that is on this forum

I am really happy with my OA1, my Pocket 2 and my Mini 2, and we are many that show each other what videos we make and ask for advices from other people on the forum.

Congrats on OA3, it is really a great camera and I love mine. But my copy have focus issues making it way softer than my OA1.
2022-10-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good for getting the action 3 but I am not sure it is right to buy a Hero 11 just to try it out. All that buy to try costs money and the real customers end up paying that bill dont you think. If not where does that cost go
2022-10-28
Use props
Tottel
lvl.2
Sweden

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-28 03:16
Good for getting the action 3 but I am not sure it is right to buy a Hero 11 just to try it out. All that buy to try costs money and the real customers end up paying that bill dont you think. If not where does that cost go

I bought it from my own job, which is the biggest electronic reseller in the Nordic. Working in aftersales I'm well aware how our buy & try policies work and if/or it'll cost us money.
2022-10-28
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

I did the same with the Hero 11. and I returned my good DJI Action 3, and now made a choice again to   go for it again, Yep people really want a Mini DSLR in an Action camera.  

Head to youtube, copy the Url  or the share and paiste here that simple

congrats on your camera.
2022-10-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats on getting a focus issue free OA3.    Nice that you were able to at least try out the GoPro 11.  
2022-10-28
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-28 03:53
Congrats on getting a focus issue free OA3.    Nice that you were able to at least try out the GoPro 11.

Who is the lucky one?????
2022-10-28
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
Bulgaria

Can you share how yors camera serial number starts ?
2022-10-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tottel Posted at 10-28 03:18
I bought it from my own job, which is the biggest electronic reseller in the Nordic. Working in aftersales I'm well aware how our buy & try policies work and if/or it'll cost us money.

It aint you it costs it is the whole industry which has to be passed on to someone
2022-10-28
Use props
Xtina143
lvl.1
Philippines

Can you help me to detemrine of my OA3 is out of focus. Cause I think its not but im not sure because i have an eye problem i cnt see it well. Heres the link of my YT and short clip in my OA3

https://youtu.be/UgqKzifCrG4

2022-10-28
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Xtina143 Posted at 10-28 08:10
Can you help me to detemrine of my OA3 is out of focus. Cause I think its not but im not sure  because i have an eye problem i cnt see it well. Heres the link of my YT and short clip in my OA3

Yes. Out of focus :/
2022-10-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Can you help me to detemrine of my OA3 is out of focus. Cause I think its not but im not sure  because i have an eye problem i cnt see it well. Heres the link of my YT and short clip in my OA3

No you don’t have focus issues, you have slight distortion simply because you are using a wide angle up close, its almost like using a wide angle lens for portrait shooting, its just not done. Many iPhones show similar distortion because users use them to get full body shots.
Problem here is many just want to make believe this is a camera thats perfect for every use its not.
2022-10-28
Use props
Astroita87
lvl.2
Italy

your footage was taken indoor with "okkeish" sunlight...  for me looks pretty good considering the situation
2022-10-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

StevoB Posted at 10-28 03:56
Who is the lucky one?????

I replied to the post originator.  I passed on the OA3 due to the focus issues and went with the GoPro 11.
2022-10-28
Use props
djiuser_0pq7KvNWvOVi
lvl.2
Philippines

I get my osmo action 3 (adventure pack) two days ago here, in the Philippines. This is my first shot in the garden. Seems good to me. What do you think?

https://youtu.be/yuUqhl7Mw7Y
2022-10-29
Use props
Ceyx21
lvl.2
Philippines

2022-10-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you cant see that it is out of focus and are generally happy with it then it is fine isn't it. Don't let people on here spoil your enjoyment of your purchase
2022-10-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just watched the footage and no there is nothing wrong with that video at all. I would say your camera is just fine. Use it and enjoy it
2022-10-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

StevoB Posted at 10-28 08:48
Yes. Out of focus :/

Don't believe this joker he has no idea
2022-10-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_0pq7KvNWvOVi Posted at 10-29 00:23
I get my osmo action 3 (adventure pack) two days ago here, in the Philippines. This is my first shot in the garden. Seems good to me. What do you think?

Nothing wrong with that at all. Lovely garden by the way. Here in the UK we have nice gardens but nothing like that..... Wondeful
2022-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ceyx21 Posted at 10-29 00:48

Thats excellent. Something I noticed with the focusing, as you move the camera very close to the subject I mean very close the focus seemed to be bang on. Keep up the good work.
2022-10-29
Use props
Ceyx21
lvl.2
Philippines

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-29 01:07
Nothing wrong with that at all. Lovely garden by the way. Here in the UK we have nice gardens but nothing like that..... Wondeful

Thanks
2022-10-29
Use props
Ceyx21
lvl.2
Philippines

Thanks
2022-10-29
Use props
Ceyx21
lvl.2
Philippines

I had a nice garden too when I lived and worked in the UK. Now I retired and live in the Philippines. I enjoy my life here.
2022-10-29
Use props
EpicTree
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-28 03:53
Congrats on getting a focus issue free OA3.    Nice that you were able to at least try out the GoPro 11.

What do you think of my footage, people have said mine is a good unit.

2022-10-29
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Like others OUT.
2022-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

And this is out of focus too, it seems you just come here now to downvote people. You’re completly wrong you are looking at videos that have been hugely degraded in footage from uploading to you tube to more loss of quality uploading here. But you seem to be blind to all of that. Enjoy the downvoting ;+)

2022-10-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This bloke has no clue ignor him
2022-10-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EpicTree Posted at 10-29 06:17
https://youtu.be/VmlJK88d0qQ
https://youtu.be/2z_sEDsX7cg

I think your footage is excellent no issues at all
2022-10-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 10-29 07:20
And this is out of focus too, it seems you just come here now to downvote people. You’re completly wrong you are looking at videos that have been hugely degraded in footage from uploading to you tube to more loss of quality uploading here. But you seem to be blind to all of that. Enjoy the downvoting ;+)

https://youtu.be/WwwEAuaWeDQ

Very nice project test hallmark.
2022-10-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

EpicTree Posted at 10-29 06:17
https://youtu.be/VmlJK88d0qQ
https://youtu.be/2z_sEDsX7cg

Footage looks great.  
2022-10-30
Use props
tpetran
lvl.2
Croatia

I was out today and did some shooting just for fun. Below is a video to point out few things.
Video is not of the greatest quality but it's not the worst either. You can see softness when I'm shooting specific things like leaves, the bench, seesaw seat... but I was really close, 30-40cm. I expect that to be "out of focus" with those distances but it doesn't bother me nor will I ever use action camera for close up shots. The day was hazy and cloudy with very little light. I had rocksteady on. If someone hasn't figured it by now rocksteady adds blurrines to the overall image, especially with lower light scenes. In the same conditions if I would put the camera on a stand and turned rocksteady off the results would be better. It is visible when my hand was steady (like the shot under the seesaw) that the sharpness kind of kicks up a notch. I can understand that someone gets this kind of results from A3 and deems it bad but it has to be said that low light with rocksteady on can be the main culprit for the picture being blurry and jittery.
All in all we have to be aware of limitiations of such cameras and then we can use them as intended and enjoy the outcome.

2022-10-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

tpetran Posted at 10-30 04:35
I was out today and did some shooting just for fun. Below is a video to point out few things.
Video is not of the greatest quality but it's not the worst either. You can see softness when I'm shooting specific things like leaves, the bench, seesaw seat... but I was really close, 30-40cm. I expect that to be "out of focus" with those distances but it doesn't bother me nor will I ever use action camera for close up shots. The day was hazy and cloudy with very little light. I had rocksteady on. If someone hasn't figured it by now rocksteady adds blurrines to the overall image, especially with lower light scenes. In the same conditions if I would put the camera on a stand and turned rocksteady off the results would be better. It is visible when my hand was steady (like the shot under the seesaw) that the sharpness kind of kicks up a notch. I can understand that someone gets this kind of results from A3 and deems it bad but it has to be said that low light with rocksteady on can be the main culprit for the picture being blurry and jittery.
All in all we have to be aware of limitiations of such cameras and then we can use them as intended and enjoy the outcome.

Part of the problem is expectation, some people expect huge things from this camera. Now the biggest gripe is close up focus and if it doesn’t hit 100% they consider this camera faulty. Its not but some improvements will help. There are cameras that hit focus almost 100% but you need to spend 1000s and they won’t fit in your pocket.
2022-10-30
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

hallmark007 Posted at 10-30 05:15
Part of the problem is expectation, some people expect huge things from this camera. Now the biggest gripe is close up focus and if it doesn’t hit 100% they consider this camera faulty. Its not but some improvements will help. There are cameras that hit focus almost 100% but you need to spend 1000s and they won’t fit in your pocket.

Wait wait, you're doing your song again blah blah blah. Then by some miracle OA1 knows it and fits in a pocket??????? Not just the OA1, but the vast majority of small action cameras. You keep justifying the manufacturing error. Dot.
2022-10-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules