What’s the Difference? DJI Mini 3 Pro vs DJI Avata

2022-10-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice find DA.    The use cases are very different for these two drones and Aldryn does a great job in this video explaining the use case of each.  
2022-10-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-28 01:56
Very nice find DA.    The use cases are very different for these two drones and Aldryn does a great job in this video explaining the use case of each.

No probs DT.\\

Question for you,  have you had any issues with the battery clips on your mini 3?  One of my batteries clips are cracked.

BTW. Whilst doing the firmware update today my lens fogged up internally but did clear on its own.
2022-10-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

So far no issues with batteries clips.  However, I can tell you that the clips on my standard battery appears to be a bit better made than the ones on my extended batteries.

That really an oddity that the lens fogged up while the drone was indoors.  Although the Mini 3 does heat up during firmware updates and that could be a part of the cause especailly if the air inside is much cooler.  Great that it cleared up on its own.     
2022-10-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-28 03:39
So far no issues with batteries clips.  However, I can tell you that the clips on my standard battery appears to be a bit better made than the ones on my extended batteries.

That really an oddity that the lens fogged up while the drone was indoors.  Although the Mini 3 does heat up during firmware updates and that could be a part of the cause.

I’m pleased you said that.  I checked all the other batteries and thought they looked tougher but put it down to just the cracks making it appear different.  
2022-10-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-28 03:41
I’m pleased you said that.  I checked all the other batteries and thought they looked tougher but put it down to just the cracks making it appear different.

I'm pulling for you in hopes that the extended battery will be replaced under warranty by DJI.  I just re-checked my 3 extended batteries and none seem to have cracks, at least not yet.  However, I only have a max of 13 charges on each.  
2022-10-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-28 04:19
I'm pulling for you in hopes that the extended battery will be replaced under warranty by DJI.  I just re-checked my 3 extended batteries and none seem to have cracks, at least not yet.  However, I only have a max of 13 charges on each.

Cheers.  I saw you added to the thread.  
2022-10-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-28 04:34
Cheers.  I saw you added to the thread.

Was hoping it might help.  

Hey, if you get a few free minutes please take a look at this video about upcoming recreational flyer rules in the US.  Seems like the FAA is either trying to implement a Mini 107 pilot requirement or basically abolish recreational flying.  I'd appreciate your cut on the video.  Thanks in advance.

2022-10-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That camera looks odd on the Mi3
2022-10-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-28 11:13
Was hoping it might help.  

Sounds like your about to get EU style rules.   When you consider how many millions of flights that have happened and how few accidents there have been it does make you wonder.  
2022-10-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-28 23:54
Sounds like your about to get EU style rules.   When you consider how many millions of flights that have happened and how few accidents there have been it does make you wonder.

Yeah, I wasn't happy about the Flying Clubs getting in on the rule making.  I'm familiar with two locally and they truly are anti-drone folks.  They think the airspace at their facilities should be reserved strictly for R/C airplanes.  I can see many issues down the road with this for recreational flyers.  I've been saying all along that once the big corporations started pushing drone deliveries that recreational flying would become a thing of the past.  Only way to de-conflict the available airspace is to push recreational flyers out.  I really think this is the beginning of the end for recreational flyers here in the US.
2022-10-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-29 02:54
Yeah, I wasn't happy about the Flying Clubs getting in on the rule making.  I'm familiar with two locally and they truly are anti-drone folks.  They think the airspace at their facilities should be reserved strictly for R/C airplanes.  I can see many issues down the road with this for recreational flyers.  I've been saying all along that once the big corporations started pushing drone deliveries that recreational flying would become a thing of the past.  Only way to de-conflict the available airspace is to push recreational flyers out.  I really think this is the beginning of the end for recreational flyers here in the US.

In theory it should be better than the current way they appoint advisers,  usually from big companies and not representing the hobby that well.
2022-10-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-30 00:02
In theory it should be better than the current way they appoint advisers,  usually from big companies and not representing the hobby that well.

I guess only time will tell but it still looks like a quite grim future for recreational drone flyers.  I already have my Part 107 but not every recreational flyer will spend the time and $$$ to get the 107.  
2022-10-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-30 03:29
I guess only time will tell but it still looks like a quite grim future for recreational drone flyers.  I already have my Part 107 but not every recreational flyer will spend the time and $$$ to get the 107.

I'll be looking out for RC Model Reviews to see what there take on it is.  
2022-10-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-30 05:42
I'll be looking out for RC Model Reviews to see what there take on it is.

Will be interesting what they put in writing.  I know verbally how they feel as the leaders of the local RC clubs are very against drones being flown in "their spaces".  
2022-10-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-31 02:19
Will be interesting what they put in writing.  I know verbally how they feel as the leaders of the local RC clubs are very against drones being flown in "their spaces".

I got the impression they will add communities so they will have representation from RC clubs,  and different people for FPV and so on,  so some group to advise on drones.  
2022-10-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-31 02:30
I got the impression they will add communities so they will have representation from RC clubs,  and different people for FPV and so on,  so some group to advise on drones.

So far the Community Based Organizations will be headed by the RC folks.  In the long run I don't think it will really matter as the whole thing is being driven by big money being given to politicians from corporations that are doing or plan to do drone delivers, anything from packages to medicines, etc.  The recreational flyers do not have a lobby strong enough or well funded enough to take on the lobbyists of the large corporations doing drone drone delivery.  Unfortunately, it will be a sad day when I can't even fly over my own acreage.  
2022-10-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-31 03:53
So far the Community Based Organizations will be headed by the RC folks.  In the long run I don't think it will really matter as the whole thing is being driven by big money being given to politicians from corporations that are doing or plan to do drone delivers, anything from packages to medicines, etc.  The recreational flyers do not have a lobby strong enough or well funded enough to take on the lobbyists of the large corporations doing drone drone delivery.  Unfortunately, it will be a sad day when I can't even fly over my own acreage.

Just saw an AMA video about its.  and man the drone pilots and line flyers were really not happy with their representation.
2022-10-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-31 04:06
Just saw an AMA video about its.  and man the drone pilots and line flyers were really not happy with their representation.

Only one happy here is Alphabet, Amazon, Walmart and a few other drone delivery services.
2022-10-31
Use props
Alexander Chu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 906050 ft

United States

Great video, very well produced.
2022-11-10
Use props
Prezzodrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8533 ft